Any Mandatory Charms Effects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
    Step 4-9: Using Principle of Motion attack 6 times in one turn on your initiative with your nastiest attack each time at no penalty while inflicting unbelievable onslaught penalties.
    I thought a flurry was only ever two actions?

Comment

Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
      I thought a flurry was only ever two actions?
      I came to the same realization but two posts down.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
        So there is a weird Dawn Caste Athletic Shadow Assassin build and a Willpower 10 Sorcerer Sniper build that both just ignore making Withering attacks for back-to-back Decisives. Both are perfectly viable but a little cheesy.
        I've been on this forum weekly for the last 5 years and I have entirely missed whatever these builds are. Do you have a link or an explanation?

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
        -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

I've been on this forum weekly for the last 5 years and I have entirely missed whatever these builds are. Do you have a link or an explanation?
          I dunno about the Assassin one, but the Sorcerer Sniper is one of mine.

Basically you take Flight of the Brilliant Raptor, which does Decisive Damage based on what your current initiative is plus your Willpower.

If you start with a WIllpower of say, 7-10, you already beat the hardness of every published enemy in the book, even shooting the spell from base init.

With that out of the way, you just have to get the sorcerous mote cost down, and there are several ways to do that that the build is built around.

Lessee... Oh yeah I did have a link. Though as I learned to my dismay later, you can only legit take two Sorcerous Initiations when you hit Celestial circle, so the good stuff will have to wait till then.
          Last edited by prototype00; 10-30-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

Dawn Build

Foe-Vaulting Method: all your attacks are Surprise Attacks.

Base Initative 3
            Dawn anima power +1-3
            Ebon Shadow Form +3

You sit on Base Intiative 7.

Thunderbolt Attack Prana doubles rolled damage.

This is pretty well shut down by Hardness (Hardness 4-6). And like the sniper build it is Willpower intensive. But if you Solar Stealth, you should be able to one-shot the toughest target, then plink the mooks. Obviously you don't want to go Totemic every fight, so it's not exactly "broken" or anything. But if the rest of the party is Withering, or you've got easy access to stealth (Belt of Shadow Walking), fight lots of Legendary Size foes, or have good synergy with other MAs... it's doable.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Anything outside combat from anyone for the OP?

(Other than solid, evocative Intimacies are a god send...)

Comment

Originally posted by Moss Reynholm View Post
                Anything outside combat from anyone for the OP?

(Other than solid, evocative Intimacies are a god send...)
                I confess, I totally dyslexiaed OP and missed that this was for making a custom splat. But I don't think there's anything mandatory in the other Charmsets (other than speed-crafting, you need speed-crafting -- and take a look at how difficult it is to Craft artifacts and give your splat tools accordingly depending on how good at Crafting you want them).

If you're using the Sail system and intend for your splat to be able to stand up to Dragon-Blooded and Solars then you need to account for the massive numbers of successes they (Solars especially) can generate. The easiest way would be easy access to Double-9s, but a more creative way would be Charms that either grant Momentum or bypass the system.

Seeing incorporeal is a basic power: either Occult or Awareness/Perception seems appropriate.
                Last edited by JohnDoe244; 10-31-2020, 09:39 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                  I confess, I totally dyslexiaed OP and missed that this was for making a custom splat.
                  Don't feel too bad. You weren't the only one and you still answered the question pretty thoroughly.

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
                  Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                  Masters of the Industrial Elements
                  Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                  ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Working...
                  X