Charm cascade charts should be included in the books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charm cascade charts should be included in the books

I find it much easier to grasp dependencies and prerequisites with a cascade diagram, and I think these should have been included in the existing books and should be included in future splatbooks.

I agree that they would be so nice, but I can see why they cut them. 2nd Edition's Charm diagrams took up half and whole pages throughout the Charms chapter and that had half the Charm count of 3rd Edition. Take the current Charms chapter and double its thickness - I'm sure you can see why that would be problematic for printing the hard copy versions, especially the Deluxe Version.

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
    Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
    Masters of the Industrial Elements
    Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
    ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Double? I'm pretty sure they could fit an entire Ability tree on one page. 13 and a half pages isn't doubling the Charms chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakkonen View Post
        Double? I'm pretty sure they could fit an entire Ability tree on one page. 13 and a half pages isn't doubling the Charms chapter.
        http://www.madletter.net/rpg/exalted...e_v3_craft.pdf

I dunno man, that's a LOT to fit onto one page and have it be any kind of readable.

Comment

Omitting the summaries and just having a page citation would save quite a bit of room. But even if Craft needs to be a two-page spread, adding 14 and half double-sided pages to a pages to a book that's already 341 and half is only a 4% increase.

Comment

It’s not just craft, most solar ability trees are massive. I think they’d all require a two page spread, with some of them going up to three, and adding 10% more pages to an already huge book is quite a lot. Maybe they could have had an additional book or something just with the trees, or maybe just not had such massive charm trees to begin with, but I understand why they didn’t put them in with what they had.

Thankfully Madletter mit together his great work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exalted/com...tm_name=iossmf

Comment

Working...
            X