AITA- Exalted edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AITA- Exalted edition

For those not familiar, on Reddit, there exists a community called “Am I the Asshole,” in which people post situations in which they may or may not have been in the wrong and other users vote on who was the asshole in the situation.

Here’s how it works: post a situation from the perspective of one of your characters in which there was interpersonal conflict. Other users then vote YTA (you’re the asshole and the other person is not), NTA (you’re not the asshole and the other person is), NAH (no assholes here), or ESH (everybody sucks here).

I'm confused, is this meant to be IC or OOC?

I got one for each, actually...

OOC: This is a legacy issue, and it all worked out after some OOC conversation, but...

Knowing that my tiny Threshold kingdom was under attack from all sides, my PC (well... "my") negotiated a peace treaty with the leader of a group of beastfolk for mutual defense against an army of zombies. In the interests of system transparency, we knew OOC that the beastfolk were led by a Lunar who was looking to betray us -- but all requisite social rolls to Bargain were passed. When the zombie army attacked, the beastfolk straight-up refused to help, then once we finally emerged victorious (mote tapped, and I think out of Willpower)... then the beastfolk betrayed us, beat us unconscious, hog-tied us, and carried us off to their Lunar mistress.

As, you know, we passed all the social checks, AITA for being peeved off by this?

IC:

My S.O. (46/F/A.A.) and I (63/m/E.A.) have had to travel to a remote Eastern Kingdom for her work. She spends all her time with the Kingdom's princess, ingratiating herself with the royal family. I know that they've started a sexual relationship, which I wouldn't mind (we're kinda poly, it's complicated)... but the princess carries Elemental Blood. Now, I have nothing against Elementals - so long as they stay in their proper place. But it's unnatural for Elementals to breed with humans -- they should stick to their own kind. I told my S.O. that I don't approve, (well, not exactly with those words, but I've been sullen and brooding more than usual) and she's just spending more and more time with this half-breed.

Anyway... this half-breed princess was accompanying us on Exalted work, when some renegade gods showed up. I may have allowed her to get badly mauled by some Dogs of Unbroken Earth (she had no business treating with gods in the first place). I chased the Dogs away before they could do any permanent damage but now my S.O. is mad at me because she thinks I'm responsible for letting the princess get wounded.

AITA for showing this princess why she should leave treating with gods to the Exalted and the Immaculates?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
      I'm confused, is this meant to be IC or OOC?

I got one for each, actually...

OOC: This is a legacy issue, and it all worked out after some OOC conversation, but...

Knowing that my tiny Threshold kingdom was under attack from all sides, my PC (well... "my") negotiated a peace treaty with the leader of a group of beastfolk for mutual defense against an army of zombies. In the interests of system transparency, we knew OOC that the beastfolk were led by a Lunar who was looking to betray us -- but all requisite social rolls to Bargain were passed. When the zombie army attacked, the beastfolk straight-up refused to help, then once we finally emerged victorious (mote tapped, and I think out of Willpower)... then the beastfolk betrayed us, beat us unconscious, hog-tied us, and carried us off to their Lunar mistress.

As, you know, we passed all the social checks, AITA for being peeved off by this?

IC:

My S.O. (46/F/A.A.) and I (63/m/E.A.) have had to travel to a remote Eastern Kingdom for her work. She spends all her time with the Kingdom's princess, ingratiating herself with the royal family. I know that they've started a sexual relationship, which I wouldn't mind (we're kinda poly, it's complicated)... but the princess carries Elemental Blood. Now, I have nothing against Elementals - so long as they stay in their proper place. But it's unnatural for Elementals to breed with humans -- they should stick to their own kind. I told my S.O. that I don't approve, (well, not exactly with those words, but I've been sullen and brooding more than usual) and she's just spending more and more time with this half-breed.

Anyway... this half-breed princess was accompanying us on Exalted work, when some renegade gods showed up. I may have allowed her to get badly mauled by some Dogs of Unbroken Earth (she had no business treating with gods in the first place). I chased the Dogs away before they could do any permanent damage but now my S.O. is mad at me because she thinks I'm responsible for letting the princess get wounded.

AITA for showing this princess why she should leave treating with gods to the Exalted and the Immaculates?

In character

Comment

Working...
      X