X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenekel, the Eternal Celebration

"EVERYBODY DANCE, EVERYBODY SING! PARTY HOLIC PARTY HOLIC HEDONISTIC!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8YoDYh2Do

Appearing like a young petite child with some rather exotic clothing and two horns jutting out of her orangeish wild hair. Weighted chains and spikes adorn her, with a gourd attached to her hip. The gourd is nameless, but it is mighty, giving an infinite supply of beer, drugs, food, and more exotic things. Small, often underestimated, surprisingly good at holding her liquor, she is often spoiling for a fight. Immaculates tend to view her as less dangerous, only to regret their naivety.

It is said only in song and dance the yozis have no malice, and none seem to exemplify this more than Tenekel. The demon has no desire save to party, dance, drink, smoke, and everything else. Her parties are loud, chaotic, and often more resemble a rave. Tenekel sings and dances, and so great is it that others are dragged into her orbit. People, animals, furniture, tools, rivers, rocks. The air thunders with a cacophonous beat, and all are dragged in to the Eternal Celebration. Men with 2 left feet dance like masters. Women who have voices like crows sing like nightingales. Even inanimate objects join, dancing, striking one another to make a beat. The party goes on seemingly forever, sustained by the gourd. Fields lie fallow. Animals are untended. Fires rage out of control. Paperwork goes undone. Produce rots. Structures collapse from lack of maintenance. No one cares, entrapped within the Eternal Party, fed by the gourd. But over time, Tenekel grows bored, and travels somewhere else.

Then the consequences hit. At best the party-goers have the worst hangover of their lives and a crippling muscle soreness. Some were killed during the reverie, whether by overdose or being trampled to death, and only now are their deaths discovered. Tools are broken after being used as drums or dancing so hard they break. Fires still rage, devouring any who cannot move to save themselves. Some cities have starved after they realize they have neglected the harvest. Entire farming communities have been wiped out after all buildings have been swallowed by the wild during their party. Many are the people and families that have commited suicide, or faced disgrace, or have shattered, after realizing what they had done under the influence on drugs and alcohol.

And worse of all, is the gnawing desire to join the party, and the growing resentment at the more mundane drudgery and hard work that is part of life. Officials no longer work quite as hard. Smiths no longer work day and night to produce works. Mothers are no longer so devoted to feeding and raising their children. Farmers no longer toil so diligently. All remember the party, and all, in their souls, wish for it and more. Either way, communities begin to dissolve and weaken, no longer willing to put in the hard work and sacrifices to make life go on. Entire monasteries of immaculate monks have been broken by this, one Abbot having been found 20 miles away in an opium den, having pawned off the place's valuables for drugs.

Tenekel is the party, the dance floor, the reverie, and of course the splitting headache that comes after a hard night's drinking, and the dim realization that you shouldn't have taken those drugs with your friends. Of course the demon doesn't see anything wrong with it, seeing it as a natural consequence, not quite cognizant of the fact that most humans can't survive the things a demon lord can.

Besides, aren't more people happier without those 'responsibilities' and 'duties' they often talk about so much that stops them from having fun?

Sorcerers tend to summon her for many reasons. The most foolish, for the parties. Some use her more wisely, by summoning her for her gourd and bind her storytelling abilities. Her gourd can end droughts in entire regions by blasting out entire storm systems and river's worth of water, and end famine by creating a feast for entire cities. And some summon her to alter the landscape, by creating entire rivers of trees, of lava, of wind. And some, summon her for battle.

Tenekel tends to fight with her bare hands, sometimes using her fists and sometimes using the weighted chains on her as ranged attacks, though often she is hampered by her extreme intoxication. When truly angered or when ordered to, she unplugs her gourd and releases a veritable river of... whatever. This can range from wine, to water, to sandstorms, to lava, acidic spite, thunderclouds, swords, or in one rare occasion, dust mites.

Tenekel can enter Creation during Calibration, when a celebration is so large and sumptuous that not even deaths from rushed preparation will slow it down.
    Last edited by Accelerator; 11-14-2020, 08:20 AM.

really like this demon. have a few questions.

1. which yozi does it descend from?

2. is it a 3rd circle or 2nd circle. If a third circle, what are its subsouls? if a second circle, what 3rd circle made it, and what soul is it (you know, warden, messenger, wisdom, that sort of thing)

3. what first circle races descended from it, either personally or from its subsouls (if its a third circle).

Comment

Originally posted by evtrax View Post
      really like this demon. have a few questions.

1. which yozi does it descend from?

2. is it a 3rd circle or 2nd circle. If a third circle, what are its subsouls? if a second circle, what 3rd circle made it, and what soul is it (you know, warden, messenger, wisdom, that sort of thing)

3. what first circle races descended from it, either personally or from its subsouls (if its a third circle).
      To all of your questions?

I got no idea, man. I just threw this out as Suika Ibuki. I think she can be a third circle of Metagoas. An Eternal party fits in with the all-hungering.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
        To all of your questions?

I got no idea, man. I just threw this out as Suika Ibuki. I think she can be a third circle of Metagoas. An Eternal party fits in with the all-hungering.
        ok then. its a good idea, and i think you should continue it, you know, add 2nd and 1st circles. maybe a cult or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by evtrax View Post
          ok then. its a good idea, and i think you should continue it, you know, add 2nd and 1st circles. maybe a cult or 2.
          How to start?

Comment

How to start?
            simple, first you make some interesting sub soul names. Namely the descriptive titles. If you make the descriptive titles I could most likely make the demons themselves.

a good example exists in this thread https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...rdials.480013/

look at post four of above thread.

heres another good example of creative demons http://compendiumofthings.wikidot.co...ns-of-cecelyne

i will leave it to you from there. at least, i think thats a good starting point.

Comment

Sounds a lot like the forest god Golden-Eyed Jorst, actually.

Also some elements in common with Gumela the Jeweled Auditor too, if memory tricks me not.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                Sounds a lot like the forest god Golden-Eyed Jorst, actually.

Also some elements in common with Gumela the Jeweled Auditor too, if memory tricks me not.
                Yup. The jeweled auditor is where I got the shame part from. That hangover when you really regret doing that thing.

Comment

Yup. The jeweled auditor is where I got the shame part from. That hangover when you really regret doing that thing.

About circles, i would suggest going with 2nd for convenience, reasonably wide range of power to pick, but no worries about cooking up a soul hierarchy, possible jouten bodies and such, at most a companion/familiar or some 1st circle created races, if you are in the mood to. Also makes them more available to appear in Creation, since you don't require a Adamant Circle Summoner or Ultimate Boss Level of causality failure for them to appear.

Not to mention you already got some ideas from Gumela, who's a 2nd Circle anyway, so it kind of fits, i guess.

That said the aftereffects make me think a little of Erembour, a 3rd circle with some procession/parade/revelry undertones, her Horn and its call somewhat.
                  Last edited by Baaldam; 11-21-2020, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X