No announcement yet.

Defectors from Magnamity of the unstoppable Icon and Hidden Thorns Treachery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defectors from Magnamity of the unstoppable Icon and Hidden Thorns Treachery

what happens after a battles done to the soldiers who switched sides

They might still have problematic intimacys.

Debriefing and formal inductioin if suited Dismissal if not?

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    what happens after a battles done to the soldiers who switched sides

They might still have problematic intimacys.
    Isn’t that up to the players/ST to work out?

He/him

Comment

Are you talk about soldiers who defected from to Thorns or from Thorns, also defected to Mask of Winters or from his side once the Mask was in charge?

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
        Are you talk about soldiers who defected from to Thorns or from Thorns, also defected to Mask of Winters or from his side once the Mask was in charge?
        From the charm Hidden Thorns Treachery

Comment

"Magnanimity of the Unstoppable Icon" is a Solar War Charm, page 421 of 3E Core. When your opponent rallies for numbers, some of their forces swap sides and join you.

"Hidden Thorn Treachery" is a Dragon-Blooded War Charm, page 282 of WFHW. Your spies have infiltrated enemy command and cause enemy troops to defect to your cause.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Either way, there's no definitive answer to this. What you do with troops that have swapped sides should be something you decide at your table.

He/him

Comment

Since Magnamity of the Unstoppable Icon is based on your personal charisma, if their Intimacies are relevant, I figure they would end up with a positive Intimacy towards you (probably Major) and maybe Intimacies against you and your side weakened.

I feel like Hidden Thorns Treachery would quite often end up with the defectors expecting to get paid, but one getting paid being happy to switch sides - in social terms more of a Bargain than an Instill.

Comment

Working...
              X