RWBY Volume 8 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWBY Volume 8 Thread

Our heroes' worst fears have finally been realized: Salem is here, and the timing couldn't be worse for the divided Kingdom of Atlas. Fear has turned friends into enemies, while doubt threatens to splinter humanity's remaining allies. With both Salem and Ironwood stacking the odds against them, and the fate of Remnant at stake, it's up to team RWBY to make their play before it's too late.

Why is this in exalted?

Comment

Always has been, essentially.
      (and that is asked every time too )

RT is grounded, so I'm not going to give them the time of the day for now, but I hope they can continue on the quality increase from last volume.

Check my Exalted homebrew!

Comment

Well, I love the transforming weapons!

And should probably try to create a Dust subsystem or thaumaturgical ritual .

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          Well, I love the transforming weapons!

And should probably try to create a Dust subsystem or thaumaturgical ritual .
          That would be a really cool idea. I know we already have 'Firedust', but I'm unsure if Exalted has other types of elemental dusts.

As for how things are currently going in the series, it's shaping up to be quite cool. I'm wondering if the reason Salem is waiting is around is because she wants Atlas to willingly give themselves over to her- sort of like what the Mask of Winters did with Thorns.

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Choir View Post
            That would be a really cool idea. I know we already have 'Firedust', but I'm unsure if Exalted has other types of elemental dusts.
            There... are.

In the miracles of the solar exalted, but they're pretty much different types of gunpowder. Really boring.

I say there should be a subsystem. A kind of pseudo artifact like those little gem thingies you can use. Maybe somewhat like those crystals Hansel can use. A alchemical ritual can turn them into expendable fuel for magitech machines, turning the world into somewhat final fantasy-esque. A willpower expenditure/ commitment allows the wearer to use elemental effects, with the difficulty based on the application (grabbing a crystal and using it will require a difficulty 4 roll. Using a catridge and firewand full of fire dust to use as a fireball spell equivalent is difficulty 1).

Of course some may object to turning the world into final fantasy-esque, but I say you should ignore those people.

Comment

There... are.

In the miracles of the solar exalted, but they're pretty much different types of gunpowder. Really boring.

I say there should be a subsystem. A kind of pseudo artifact like those little gem thingies you can use. Maybe somewhat like those crystals Hansel can use. A alchemical ritual can turn them into expendable fuel for magitech machines, turning the world into somewhat final fantasy-esque. A willpower expenditure/ commitment allows the wearer to use elemental effects, with the difficulty based on the application (grabbing a crystal and using it will require a difficulty 4 roll. Using a catridge and firewand full of fire dust to use as a fireball spell equivalent is difficulty 1).

Of course some may object to turning the world into final fantasy-esque, but I say you should ignore those people.
              I went looking for this and i went to the Discord and I still have no idea what you mean. What powder? Where is it in Miracles?

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
              -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

I went looking for this and i went to the Discord and I still have no idea what you mean. What powder? Where is it in Miracles?
                Check 2e in stead of 3e?

edit: You know what? Ignore that. Tomorrow morning I'll grab my copy and try to copy it here.
                Last edited by Accelerator; 11-29-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I imagine the Dusts in Exalted would perhaps be more diverse in powers even if there's fewer variants, since I think the force of Gravity comes under 'Earth' and Ice would come under 'Air'.

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Choir View Post
                    I imagine the Dusts in Exalted would perhaps be more diverse in powers even if there's fewer variants, since I think the force of Gravity comes under 'Earth' and Ice would come under 'Air'.
                    "Water Dust" would still seem pretty underwhelming.

Fire Dust is super-coal, or jet fuel.

Earth Dust is like super-concrete. Make solid stone in any shape you need; great for solid construction that lasts for centuries.

Air Dust can be used for pseudo-steam engines or air-jet fuel.

Wood Dust can be used, presumably, for wooden construction in a similar way to Earth Dust and stone construction, but also probably used for producing rare plants for medicinal purposes, or crop plants for harvests.

Water Dust would mostly be a different way to transport and store potable water. Very important in arid regions, and virtually useless anywhere else.

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

What about cooling down machinery or as blasts of disintegration? After all, water is the universal solvent.

Comment

Remember, there's more than just TERRESTRIAL Elements in Creation.

Hard Light Dust may be like, Solar-Aligned Dust or something.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                          Remember, there's more than just TERRESTRIAL Elements in Creation.

Hard Light Dust may be like, Solar-Aligned Dust or something.
                          Oh boy. What about Abyssal and Lunar and Sidereal?

this can be some pretty good worldbuilding.

Comment

What about cooling down machinery or as blasts of disintegration? After all, water is the universal solvent.
                            Sure, Elemental Dust could be used for less obvious manifestations, but using Water Dust to produce acid would require a skill that most people wouldn’t cultivate. If you just mechanically ignite Water Dust, you’re getting ordinary water.

As for using water as coolant, few communities in Creation have machines that require coolant. For those that do, they can use regular water for that. If you’re not in the South, plain old water is plentiful enough. If you are in the South, you have more urgent uses for water.

Oh boy. What about Abyssal and Lunar and Sidereal?

this can be some pretty good worldbuilding.
                            If the spires of purple Dust around Salem’s castle aren’t the Gravity Dust she used for her whale-carrier, then it could be Abyssal Dust.

Actually, Salem works really well as a Death Lord. Angry, hateful, super-powerful ghost that cannot be destroyed unless you fulfill her one weakness. Which in her case, is getting over herself and admitting that she isn’t the center of the universe and that other people are her equals.

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

If Salem were a Deathloed then her 4 lieutenants would be her Abyssals.

Hazel=Dusk
                              Watts=Daybreak
                              Tyrian=Day
                              Cinder=Moonshadow

Mercury Emerald and Neo are just mortals Cinder talked into helping her

Comment

Working...
                              X