Most Exalted quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Exalted quotes

So, what's the quote you've seen in a book\movie\history\etc that screams Exalted when you read it?

They were dealing with something far more dangerous than me, Harry Dresden, who's battered old Volkswagon was currently in the city impound.
    They were dealing with the potential dark lord nightmare warlock they'd been busy fearing since I turned sixteen. They were dealing with the wizard who had faced the Heirs of Kemmler riding a zombie dinosaur, and emerged victorious from a fight that had flattened Morgan and Captain Luccio before they had even reached it.
    They were dealing with the man who had dropped a challenge to the entire Senior Council, and who had then actually showed, apparently willing to fight — on the shores of an entirely too creepy island in the middle of a freshwater sea.
    Harry Dresden, Turn Coat

Comment

If you’ve dealt with a good amount of Exalted’s more bureaucratic side (whether you’re involved in a Dragon-Blooded game, have sat through a lot of committee meetings as a Sidereal, have gotten caught up in one of Creation’s many spirit court intrigues, or just play a very busy Eclipse, you might identify with this quote from Keith Laumer’s Retief of the CDT, his sci-fi series about an interstellar diplomat in a universe where facial expressions are as standardized as tax documents:

"A most perceptive observation, Chester," Earlyworm said, bestowing a 24-w (Gracious Condescension) leavened with a hint of 7-y (Expectation of Great Things in Due Course) on the lucky bureaucrat, at which his fellow underlings around the table were quick to bombard him with approbation, ranging from Faintlady's 12.7-x (Knew You Had It In You, Fella) to Felix's more restrained 119-a (We're All Pulling For You, Lad), to which he responded with a shy 3-v (Modest Awareness of Virtue).
      "In fact," Earlyworm interjected a Cold Return to Objectivity (91-s) into the lightning interplay of ritual grimacing ...

Comment

I’ll do whatever you want.
        Then Perish.
        -Obama, Spooky-Grimwhoire’s roleplay

Violence for Violence is the rule of beasts.
        -Obama, Kumagawa’s dream

I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
        -Joshua Graham, Fallout: New Vegas

If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight just like I always have.
        -Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic ‘06

Then become the dirt I walk on.
        -pukicho, Tumblr

Can you feel your heart burning? Can you feel the struggle within? The fear within me is beyond anything your soul can make. You cannot kill me in a way that matters.
        -Mushroom, personsonable’s Tumblr post

You could sooner divert a river from its course than deny my nature.
        -Cat, lucentgallivanter’s Tumblr post

I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero, I have always only fought for the people I believe in.
        -Zero, Megaman Zero

The anger in your heart warms you now, but will leave you cold in your grave.
        -Wendigo, One-time-I-dreamt

One day, you will be face to face with whatever saw fit to let you exist in the universe, and you will have to justify the space you’ve filled.
        -curseworm, Tumblr

I came out here, to this point, to this place, hoping against all hope and despite signs and portends suggesting otherwise that I might, somehow, find myself having a pleasant experience, and yet here I stand, alone against the world, feeling bombarded and assaulted on all fronts, knowing not my enemy's name, nor his face, nor whether our battle is done.
        -Fencer-X, Tumblr

Stand in the ashes of a thousand dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. Their silence is your answer.
        -Javik, Mass Effect

I commend my soul to any god that can find it.
        -Moist Von Lipwig, Discworld (Going Postal)

Do I drag my carcass to the mountaintop once more? Just to scream a warning that will go unheeded and unheard? Or do I end it?
        -Brennan Lee Mulligan, Collegehumor (Tide CEO: Soap Isn’t Medicine)

Prolong this world's stasis or face the heart of its infection. I'd urge you to take that harder path, but what end may come, the decision rests with you.
        -Hornet, Hollow Knight

The world should have protected you, but you have been asked to protect it. What an honor. What an injustice.
        -Beverly Toegold, Not Another DnD Podcast

And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can.
        - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Battle does not need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Do not ask why I fight.
        -Black Knight MTG

Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years, but by the deeds of men.
        — Saint Sabbat, Warhammer 40,000

Godhood is more than a name. It is a condition of being. One does not achieve it merely by being immortal, for even the lowliest laborer in the fields may achieve continuity of existence. Is it then the conditioning of an Aspect? No. Any competent hypnotist can play games with the self-image. Is it the raising up of an Attribute? Of course not, I can design machines more powerful and more accurate than any faculty a man may cultivate. Being a god is the quality of being able to be yourself to such an extent that your passions correspond with the forces of the universe, so that those who look upon you know this without hearing your name spoken
        - Roger Zelazny

Here is the price of freedom: every drop of your courage, ounce of your pain, and pint of your blood, paid in advance.
        - Sebastian Lee, Andromeda

I hope that we may meet again as friends, but if should we meet as enemies, may the Gods sing of our battles.
        - Unknown

I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming--as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow over your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, I will begin my dark work. I will open one of my six mouths, and sing the song that ends the earth.
        - Tycho, Penny Arcade

Lay a fire between your hands, and another within your heart, and let them be sword and shield to you, for one is faith and the other is righteous fury, and neither can ever be put out.
        - Saint Sabbat, Warhammer 40k

My client is unique, sorcerer. Some men are talented painters and sculptors; others can grow any kind of bloom, in any kind of climate. You are obviously skilled in the arcane arts. But my client is a master of only one skill, one terrible talent. He is a killer. In all my long and - thus far - remarkably uneventful life I have neither known nor heard of anyone to match him. He has fought demons, and sorcerers and beasts. He is still here. But then I think you already know this. He was supposed to have died in your massacre, and he did not. Now you believe you are hunting him. It is an illusion. He is hunting you. You are already dead men
        - Matze, Hero in the Shadows

Six men burst into a room littered with a dozen bodies. A man stood by the far wall, apparently concerned over the condition of a young woman. He turned and saw the men, his body flowing into a combat stance, sword held high. This caused several of the men to break out into laughter, as they were all armed with semi- and fully-automatic firearms. Their laughter was cut short by another, more ominous sound. "What's that, Bob?" "I think it’s that guy's theme music." "Oh no..."
        -Unknown

Sol, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Sol... So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
        - Conan the Exalted Barbarian

Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millennia in a place with no doors.
        - Joe Black

There is not a day or a night that a mother does not offer her life for her children...Or some honest captain his life for his chief's. But there is no bargain. What is...is what must be.
        - Watership Down

Think me not defeated. Know you that I am he who was once Longinus, centurion of the Tenth Legion. I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, and Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I have been killed a thousand times and every time I return. I fight for truth. I fight for glory. I fight for love. I fight for beauty. I am Hero. I shall return.
        - Drakensis, RPG.net

There are three rules to endings: 1: Good always wins 2: Evil always returns 3: The first rule isn't always true
        - Tarsheva Longreach, a Planeswalker.

The Dragon Blooded, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the terrestrials fought back with even greater strength. They made us fight for every inch of creation. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself. Never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage ... Their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of warstriders, they used daiklaves. When they ran out of daiklaves, they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope, that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end. They did this for two years. They never ran out of courage, but in the end ... they ran out of time
        - Hand-of-Omega, Onyx Path Forums

This body is a sword, and this place a burial ground! Those who wish to die, come forth.
        Ranmaru, Samurai Warriors 2

We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. And my first act as self-appointed stabmaster is to slay my comrades.
        - Black Mage, 8-bit Theater

You fool. You slaughter those reborn to help you, the only ones who can...*gasp*
        You call us Anathema and hunt us for no sin of our own and so doing...*coughs blood*...you drag this world closer to doom.
        You name us Anathema. I name you the Self-Damned. *sags* But...*whispers*...I forgive you...
        -Unknown

"You are not free whose liberty is won by the vigour of other, more righteous souls. You are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come."
        - Inquisitor Czevak, Warhammer 40k

Comment

Working...
        X