Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasonably detailed descriptions of Juggernaut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite like the idea that, like the neverborn, Juggernaut comes from an era when death was not a concept that existed, and so cannot truly die, only be destroyed (which is what happened to the neverborn. Destroyed, but not dead and so re-appeared in the underworld). So juggernaut has been "mortally" wounded by some badass solar of ancient times and slunk off to die, but can't because death isn't a thing that can happen to it. So it remains slain but not dead, hovering at that point with wounds too grievous to heal itself and that effectively render its body lifeless, but not dead.
    So along comes MoW and finds this paradox of a monster and finds that it is dead enough to use necromancy on. He binds it, builds a castle on it and turns it into a siege weapon, mobile fortress, terrifying-symbol-of-power and off he goes.
    Which leaves the tantalising option open of some solar PC coming along with insane healing charms and healing Juggernaut enough to bring it back from mostly-dead to partly-alive (tip of the hat to Miracle Max) and ending MoW's control over it. You could then see Juggernaut destroying the castle on its back and maye rolling over Masks army, a huge setback for MoW. But what happens after that, as Juggernaut regenerates to full health? Does the Ender-of-civilizations pick up where it left off an start rampaging around creation again? Will the players need to track it down and try and kill or bind it? Is it in fact a bigger threat than MoW ever was?
    All good storytelling material.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

The 2E version, tried to work on a kernel of an idea - while completely forgetting to check the source so they get it right, as 2E frequently did - simplyfing/flanderizing in the proccess.
      As an aside, i think Juggernaut's stats had already been published in one of the late 1e books, but can't say for sure which one, so don't take my word for it.
      I'm not an expert in 1E. I played it since release, but I was a broke-ass teenager, and didn't pick up most of the 1E books until the 3E kickstarter. But lemme have a look...

It's not in Creatures of the Wyld, or the Book of Bone and Ebony (which DOES have stats for necromantic warmachines, the maggots inside of Juggernaut, a reborn Juggernaut of the Second Age, and rules for making a Juggernaut-like creation), or Games of Divinity, or Abyssals, or the ST Companion, or the Player's Guide. I can't think where else to look.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
        I'm not an expert in 1E. I played it since release, but I was a broke-ass teenager, and didn't pick up most of the 1E books until the 3E kickstarter. But lemme have a look...

It's not in Creatures of the Wyld, or the Book of Bone and Ebony (which DOES have stats for necromantic warmachines, the maggots inside of Juggernaut, a reborn Juggernaut of the Second Age, and rules for making a Juggernaut-like creation), or Games of Divinity, or Abyssals, or the ST Companion, or the Player's Guide. I can't think where else to look.

I remember for sure there being a 1E Essence 8 version of Juggernaut - because my first thought upon seeing the 2E version was Whoever did this rewrite definitely did it with my "prime ribs for Han-Tha's apotheosis" comment in the WW forums in mind....

Who knows, i might be mangling bits from the Book of Bone and Ebony through faulty memory from too long without checking stuff. Probably that.
        Last edited by Baaldam; 01-07-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Juggernaut of the Second Age is Essence 7, so an Essence 8 Juggernaut makes sense. I'll keep looking.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
            Juggernaut of the Second Age is Essence 7, so an Essence 8 Juggernaut makes sense. I'll keep looking.

Essence 7 might be a viable target for the "munching for apotheosis" tactic too. Considering i left the idea by the wayside since CoTD: Scavenger Lands came out, my mind be mixing things because the Vodak (possibly another target for Han-Tha munching) is Essence 8 is not out of the equation.
            Main matter is that Juggernaut being "downgraded" Ess6 - truth be told, neither version seem to have anything for which the change would affect much - definitely ganked by mad plans from back then.

That and the fact "Juggernaut of the Second Age" looks anything but humanoid - or even vertebrate, for that matter.
            Last edited by Baaldam; 01-08-2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X