Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS? (The Great Marriage of Exalted and [Insert Fandom Here] )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS? (The Great Marriage of Exalted and [Insert Fandom Here] )

The basic idea is to take some sort of other book/anime/movie/story/video game and translate it into the Exalted universe. To quote the original poster:
    A couple quick ground rules. This isn't meant to be an exact translation from existing universe to Exalted. Posters are allowed to finagle it a bit. Yes, Batman and the Joker are mortals. We get it. But if the poster has an idea for turning Nexus into Gotham, with Batman being a Night caste and the Joker being a Fair Folk, that's his prerogative. If you disagree, do so politely, and make your case, with as much detail as possible. Then leave it. The idea is to have fun and be creative, not precise.

Also, keep the general idea close as possible, but feel free to mess with it a bit as well. If you wanted to make an Exalted Hunger Games of Divinity, the characters don't all need to match specific tributes; just make it so that the contestants are randomly drawn from some pool of potential candidates and forced to fight to the death.

Alrighty... let's see what people come up with!

To start: How do you want to do this?: The Mandalorian

Quick question: Do we have to use the setting the poster before us mentions, and create a chain with that, or is the thread free for any setting we choose to convert?

Comment

Originally posted by Critian Caceorte View Post
      Quick question: Do we have to use the setting the poster before us mentions, and create a chain with that, or is the thread free for any setting we choose to convert?
      A little bit of both

Comment

The Mandalorian... Hmm... My immediate thought is Mando = Liminal, baby cart Yoda = Sidereal (after some massive incident that leaves the Five Score Fellowship considerably less than Five Score), setting = somewhere in the South, General (or whatever) Werner Herzog of the fallen Empire = Imperial client Scavenger Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosthead View Post
          The Mandalorian... Hmm... My immediate thought is Mando = Liminal, baby cart Yoda = Sidereal (after some massive incident that leaves the Five Score Fellowship considerably less than Five Score), setting = somewhere in the South, General (or whatever) Werner Herzog of the fallen Empire = Imperial client Scavenger Lord.
          Liminal for Mando? I see Dragonblooded

Comment

I like the idea of Nexus as Gotham. Batman as a Night Caste Solar, Catwoman as his Changing Moon Lunar mate (with the whole love-hate thing going on), the Joker as a regular mortal possessed by one of the unshaped raksha, Harley Quinn his adopted daughter and girlfriend as an actual Fair Folk Princess and Two-Face as a mortal possessed by both an Eclipse Caste Solar and whatever the Infernal equivalent is fighting for control of his soul.

This could totally work. What do you guys think?
            Last edited by Penelope; 01-04-2021, 05:23 AM.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Originally posted by FMA245 View Post
              Liminal for Mando? I see Dragonblooded
              The "single strong personal relationship keeps them human" thing, plus Limnals sitting well with monster bounty hunting, plus Limnals work pretty well with the "tough but uses tools rather than the force" vibe that Mando has, plus the connections to the Realm that outcastes have feel wrong. Dragonblooded is still totally arguable tho!

Comment

Oh and Poison Ivy as the God-Blooded daughter of a plant goddess. Or maybe an Exigent.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

HOW DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS: Critical Role specifically Vox Machina and The Mighty Nein

Comment

Working...
                  X