No announcement yet.

Orichalcum: The Orphan Magical Material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so, rather than repeating ourselves endlessly on the same points there.... pcontop any thoughts on the house rule I suggested for you?

Comment

You know what else falls below the level of system resolution but is true in-setting? Steel is a better material for making armor and weapons out of than bronze, being both lighter and stronger.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        You know what else falls below the level of system resolution but is true in-setting? Steel is a better material for making armor and weapons out of than bronze, being both lighter and stronger.
        Bravo! Exactly so, and I don't think Solars being resonant with every other metal ,means orichalcum is an orphaned metal. No one else is resonant with it after all. If we use that logic, the other metals are less special and prestigious since they each have two exalt types that are capable of using them to the max. So yes it would orphan the metal by making it better than everything else and thus the best metal for the best exalts (from a solars point of view). That said, I don't believe resonance is a good measuring stick for whether you would craft or use a particular material, that's just a matter of preference on your part. I've created DB's with orichalcum artifacts because the theme required that metal to do so.

Comment

Working...
        X