Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sidereal Jumpstart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sidereal Jumpstart

    A [fan-made] third edition Sidereal Charmset <strikethrough>is now</strikethrough> [was once] available for purchase on the storyteller's vault.

    Occulted by the Broken Mask though they are, Sidereals are knowable, their powers catalogable. This jumpstart provides divine guidance on the use of Maiden-granted miracles, as either player characters or NPCs, for your Exalted chronicle.

    Sidereal Jumpstart

    This Charmset also comes with a companion Charm Cascades document.

    Sidereal Jumpstart Charm Cascades

    As the author, I would be happy to assist with questions. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Tikor; 01-14-2021, 02:32 AM. Reason: takedown, fan-made clarifications


    The Sack of Chiaroscuro - In a southern satrapy a Lunar elder must escape the results of his war-gambit against the Realm, but faces the city's mother-god as he tries to flee.

  • #2
    What is the storyteller's vault? Is it a platform for fan-made content?

    Comment


    • #3
      If it is indeed a fan-made product, and not an official one (as it seems it is), it would have been nice to actually mention that somewhere.



      The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

      Comment


      • #4
        ...did I just watch something get yanked from the ST's Vault in real time?


        Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

        Comment


        • #5
          Yep. Them Charms ain’t allowed yet!

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, I have been informed that my storyteller vault product was against the content guidelines. We will have to wait for Sidereal Charms for some time yet.


            The Sack of Chiaroscuro - In a southern satrapy a Lunar elder must escape the results of his war-gambit against the Realm, but faces the city's mother-god as he tries to flee.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think the important question is why didn’t you read the content guidelines to start with? Third Edition updates are pretty high on the list, as I understand it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post
                Third Edition updates are pretty high on the list, as I understand it.
                Literally rule one.

                But you could give it away for us.


                Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post
                  I think the important question is why didn’t you read the content guidelines to start with? Third Edition updates are pretty high on the list, as I understand it.
                  I wrote the document for my table first, the storyteller vault second. As such, I was not familiar with the guidelines.

                  Regarding free distribution, it is a translation of Sidereals (heavily pulling from 2e and 1e Charms for names, costs, theme, etc.) into 3e mechanics, with a hefty amount of homebrew added in to give it that 3e Charms chapter heft. So I'd feel uncomfortable if the owners of the original work weren't compensated.

                  I thought the storyteller vault was the place for such works, but I was incorrect.


                  The Sack of Chiaroscuro - In a southern satrapy a Lunar elder must escape the results of his war-gambit against the Realm, but faces the city's mother-god as he tries to flee.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tikor View Post
                    I wrote the document for my table first, the storyteller vault second. As such, I was not familiar with the guidelines.

                    Regarding free distribution, it is a translation of Sidereals (heavily pulling from 2e and 1e Charms for names, costs, theme, etc.) into 3e mechanics, with a hefty amount of homebrew added in to give it that 3e Charms chapter heft. So I'd feel uncomfortable if the owners of the original work weren't compensated.

                    I thought the storyteller vault was the place for such works, but I was incorrect.
                    The only reassurance I can grant you is that I sincerely doubt that anyone will be so satisfied by a fan made Jumpstart that they won’t get the actual Sids book when it comes out. Not to mention, I don’t think that anyone involved in making the 1E and 2E Sidereals books would be in a position to earn money off of Storyteller Vault sales.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X