Alternate Autochthonia: A Ninth Divine Minister

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Autochthonia: A Ninth Divine Minister

The other day, I was trying to think of a way to fix the Blight Zones and gremlins in Autochthonia without needing to breach the Seal of Eight Divinities and I had the thought "All of Autochthon's other traits have physical manifestations in the form of the Divine Ministers, so why not the Blight?" That led me to this:

Sironocor, the Forgotten Minister, Prince of Rust, God of Entropy, Decay, Consumption, Greed, Madness, Corruption, Stillbirths, Memory Loss, Failure, and Death. Chief Regulator of the Blight
    Having intentionally erased memory of himself from the minds of his fellows, Sironcor is the incarnation of the sickness spreading throughout Autochthonia. Originally kept in check by Autochthon himself while the Titan remained awake and fed by the limitless potential of the Wyld, the Prince of Rust served to point out the limitations of the Great Maker's works, scouring them with acid until only perfection remained. Appreciative of Sironcor's part in his own creative process, Autochthon made allowances for the Prince of Rust during his planned hibernation and set up processes to provide energy extracted through the breakdown of hun souls to the Ninth Minister, but Sironcor found this a pittance compared to the feast he enjoyed in Creation. Sidelined to mere subsistence and unsatisfied, the Prince of Rust set himself against his fellows and sought to be foremost among the souls of Autochthon. He corroded all vestiges of his memory from everywhere in Autochthonia, consigning himself to the shadows and forgotten places in the Far Reaches, and began his plotting.

Thousands of years passed, but Sironcor was not idle. He sowed the seeds of the first Blight Zones and the first gremlins. He diverted power from a variety of systems and glutted himself on their output. Eventually, he even found a way to undo the geas laid upon all of the Divine Ministers, freeing himself to act directly against his brethren and begin his ascension to First Among All. He has fed the paranoia of the others, nudging the Divine Ministers towards suspecting each other of plotting against themselves with whispers of betrayal. Most of all, he now works to build a base of power with which he might invade the Godhead and seize control of the Core and with it control of all of Autochthonia. With his mechanical cancer spreading far and wide throughout the Reaches, it is only a matter of time before Sironcor decides that now is the time to strike.

Should the Prince of Rust be discovered and expunged from Autochthon's soul, Blight Zones and Gremlin Syndrome would cease to spread. Once the remaining gremlins are exterminated and repairs made, the incomparable efficiency of Autochthon's systems could continue to function nigh indefinitely and without needing to satisfy the Ninth Minister's hunger the soul population of the Realm of Brass and Shadow would stabilize. Autochthon himself would be changed by this, perhaps no longer able to recognize the flaws in his own work, but what does that matter so long as he continues to slumber? The Eight Nations would go on.

What do you think? Any implications that I may have missed?

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
    Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
    Masters of the Industrial Elements
    Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
    ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

i love this idea.

its my headcanon that autocthon's soul structure still has subsouls, like the other primordials. even if that isnt your headcanon, maybe because sironocor was forgotten he still has subsouls. also, does the viator know about the prince of rust?

Comment

Isn't it implied that the Viator of Nullspace is Auto's ninth soul?

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
        Isn't it implied that the Viator of Nullspace is Auto's ninth soul?
        yes, and honestly its my headcanon that he is a soul of autocthon. but its just as likely that the viator is a behomoth. and honestly, i like the prince of rust.

Comment

Originally posted by evtrax View Post
          yes, and honestly its my headcanon that he is a soul of autocthon. but its just as likely that the viator is a behomoth. and honestly, i like the prince of rust.
          Why not both? /meme

The fluff I put up above doesn't particularly care about whether Sironcor is 9th or 10th, so roll with it how you like. Maybe the Viator of Nullspace is the last creature in Autochthonia that remembers the Prince of Rust. If you've brought the Viator back to Autochthonia, maybe you have a plot where he uses that fact as some sort of ace in the hole to avoid getting killed or banished.

The player characters, having battled the Dread Gear and together driven it to its knees, hear its rasping mechanical voice ring out. "Spare my life and I will tell you how to rid yourselves of the Blight Zones".

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
          Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
          Masters of the Industrial Elements
          Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
          ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post

Why not both? /meme

The fluff I put up above doesn't particularly care about whether Sironcor is 9th or 10th, so roll with it how you like. Maybe the Viator of Nullspace is the last creature in Autochthonia that remembers the Prince of Rust. If you've brought the Viator back to Autochthonia, maybe you have a plot where he uses that fact as some sort of ace in the hole to avoid getting killed or banished.

The player characters, having battled the Dread Gear and together driven it to its knees, hear its rasping mechanical voice ring out. "Spare my life and I will tell you how to rid yourselves of the Blight Zones".
            Yeah, that is perfect.

Comment

I like the concept.

It might be a good idea to alter his purview to more directly reflect the creative nature of Autochthon. Things like destructive testing, obsolescence, infrastructural decay, shoddy work, inferior copies, and miscommunication.

Comment

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
                I like the concept.

It might be a good idea to alter his purview to more directly reflect the creative nature of Autochthon. Things like destructive testing, obsolescence, infrastructural decay, shoddy work, inferior copies, and miscommunication.
                Most of this fits into Debok Moom's purview already

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

Working...
                X