New Fokuf lore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fokuf lore?

Did Fokuf ever get any new lore in 3rd Ed? He was my favorite mortal who might secretly be an Exalted (like a Fiend Caste) and I am curious if he ever got any new updates.

Nope, bit of clarification that he's pretty much an unambitious waste of blood that no one aside from him would be upset about if the Empress came back and obliterated him for being in her chair. And that he's fully aware and content with being a rubber stamp, implied in part because the rest of the Dynasty's governing body can't agree to such an extent that he doesn't have to do anything. (Presumably to get away from the idea a number of people had that he was secretly a political mastermind manipulating shit in secret.)

Comment

I wouldn't say he's content so much as aware of how expendable he is.

If you wanted him to Exalt, he's got enough personality to have a "NO MORE!" moment where he refuses to sign something that'll deal the deathblow to House Tepet.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
      Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
        I wouldn't say he's content so much as aware of how expendable he is.

If you wanted him to Exalt, he's got enough personality to have a "NO MORE!" moment where he refuses to sign something that'll deal the deathblow to House Tepet.
        A good idea, but I still have a hint of green fever after all these years and want to see him as a Fiend. So instead, he had a moment where he could have stepped up and done some real good, but flinched from the risks. The Ebon Dragon sees he could be useful and that he now has a chip on his shoulder, and BAM, he becomes a fiend. Fokuf was practically made to wield Witness to Darkness, in that he is inherently unlikable.

Edit: Or have things changed for Infernals so that they aren’t all haunted by some great failure now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
          Edit: Or have things changed for Infernals so that they aren’t all haunted by some great failure now?
          They’re people who’ve been stepped on one too many times instead. Which still works for Fokuf.

Comment

A good idea, but I still have a hint of green fever after all these years and want to see him as a Fiend. So instead, he had a moment where he could have stepped up and done some real good, but flinched from the risks. The Ebon Dragon sees he could be useful and that he now has a chip on his shoulder, and BAM, he becomes a fiend. Fokuf was practically made to wield Witness to Darkness, in that he is inherently unlikable.

Not only are Infernals no longer Exalted in a moment of failure, but the Fiend Caste no longer exists. All new Castes.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

Not only are Infernals no longer Exalted in a moment of failure, but the Fiend Caste no longer exists. All new Castes.
              😢 😢 😢 🥀 🥀 🥀 R.I.P. Fiend Caste

Edit: Ok, could be cool. What replaced them?
              Last edited by Mercurial; 01-31-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

Azimuth, Ascendant, Horizon, Nadir, and Penumbra, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post

Azimuth, Ascendant, Horizon, Nadir, and Penumbra, IIRC.
                  Sounds cool. Is it just a paint job, or are they genuinely different from before?

Comment

Sounds cool. Is it just a paint job, or are they genuinely different from before?
                    It doesn't really make sense to tie the Castes to specific Yozis. The Penumbra Caste is going to be the Infernal take on the wanderers, socialites and diplomats, rather than the people with the Ebon Dragon Charms paying scant lip service to those concepts in the Caste write-up and nowhere else.

Still, the Penumbra Caste is probably going to be attached to Socialize, and I would expect some fairly potent Infernal Charms in that and other Abilities to deceive, misdirect and inhabit a seemingly harmless and incompetent identity.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Ability Charms, but Yozi-inspired ones.

Comment

Good by, Nephilpal's legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
                          Good by, Nephilpal's legacy.
                          No way! All of our 2nd Ed books are still here and there a bjillion homebrew Infernal charms on the net.

Comment

No way! All of our 2nd Ed books are still here and there a bjillion homebrew Infernal charms on the net.
                            Someone should collate all those charms. It'll be horrible if they're lost like the white wolf wiki...

Comment

That's the spirit.

The Realm does have a few small details added to the familiar lore that round Fokuf out a bit. A reference to him viewing his current position as a sinecure. A statement that he was more ambitious and talented when younger but took failing to Exalt hard.

Hmm, I have a recollection of What Fire Has Wrought saying he occasionally helps out House Tepet as best he can, but I can't find it right now if it's there. It does provide a connection between him and the Roseblack in the form of being her uncle, which might be new.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X