Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Fokuf lore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
    Good by, Nephilpal's legacy.
    I mean they can still make demon races and create their own paradisal realms according to the devs. So they’ll still be you know. Freaky and weird.


    The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
    Many Limbed Manual
    Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
    San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
    My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

    Comment


    • #17
      And if you really wanted it wouldn't be hard to drop Green Sun Princes back into 3rd edition. I believe the dev's said that Akuma won't be a thing in 3rd edition so you could usurp that identity and toss it on these guys. Say that the Yozi began experimenting with the concept of Exaltation after their imprisonment and they uncovered a way to imbue mortals with their own capabilities though at great cost (perhaps it requires multiple Yozi to perform a ritual in which they each permanently sacrifice a Third Circle Soul or some other sacrifice that the Yozi would generally be loathe to make). These beings aren't Exalted per se, but imbued with Primordial souls are capable of competing with them, though the high cost of their creation ensured that Yozi weren't capable of creating more than a tiny handful and many Yozi chose not to create any at all.

      Comment


      • #18
        Akuma are anyone who makes a pact with a demon this edition.


        Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

        Comment


        • #19
          The main outlet I'm looking at for 2nd edition Green Sun Princes is Exigents of forbidden gods.

          One of the first things I want to do with the rules for Architects when we get that manuscript is corrupt them with some of Malfeas' themes and have their patron be a corrupted god who is now effectively City Father/Mother of the Demon City.


          Onyx Path Forum Moderator

          Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
            Good by, Nephilpal's legacy.
            many of their iconic powers from 2e will still be part of their charmset, and some of the coolest things Neph loved about them (building your own soul hierarchy, worldform, etc) will now be part of ther core essence 1-5 Charms instead of something you can only start to do at High Essence.

            so while it will be different, the idea that it erases rather than continuing development on his work isn’t fair.


            Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

            Comment


            • #21
              I don't mind the move away from Essence based charms because rather often Green Sun Princes weren't making the most of those to begin with.


              Onyx Path Forum Moderator

              Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                I don't mind the move away from Essence based charms because rather often Green Sun Princes weren't making the most of those to begin with.
                I’d also like to cite the Infernals games I ST’ed or was adjacent to, where no PC ever spent XP on anything but Essence and Charms.


                He/him

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
                  Good by, Nephilpal's legacy.

                  I would argue they are still his legacy, it really isn't a big shift for their powers to be yozi inspired skill based charms as opposed to literally their own personal yozi charms grafted onto the GSP for their usage. And he got to add a splat that carries over to the next edition, even if it changes heavily thats still his legacy.


                  Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

                  Senator of the Greater Chamber

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Penumbras are still sowers of acrimony, revelators of hypocrisy, and defiers of expectation. The flavor now more emphasizes punching up rather than being a ruinous shitheel for no reason.


                    Hey, check out my first original RPG, Post-Mortem, here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/307131/PostMortem

                    Or read my Exalted novella The Silence of Our Ancestors here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...looded-Novella

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      And it'll be nice not to have to buy 5 copies of the same excellency if you want to go up an essence rank.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                        The main outlet I'm looking at for 2nd edition Green Sun Princes is Exigents of forbidden gods.

                        One of the first things I want to do with the rules for Architects when we get that manuscript is corrupt them with some of Malfeas' themes and have their patron be a corrupted god who is now effectively City Father/Mother of the Demon City.

                        I'm now kind of imagining someone like Tu Yu, the competent and refined deity of a metropolis that is no more and due to a combination of past favors, recognition of its diplomatic skills and more receives a position as ambassador to the Yozis and while dealing quite competently with one's new role, can't quite ignore the yearning to fill the void left by the loss of a millenia-long purview, leading that deity to perceive a comparable void in that distant place it came to serve. Two absences that complement each other, as she becomes the consort of the fallen tyrant, Divine Satrap of the Demon City.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

                          Not only are Infernals no longer Exalted in a moment of failure, but the Fiend Caste no longer exists. All new Castes.
                          I understand the change, but I find it a bit weird still. I really liked the thematic idea of Infernals being people who COULD have been Solars but couldn't bring themselves to do the Epic Thing. I do get why people wouldn't want to be a "loser", admittedly; I would have changed more into being people who ended up in horrific situations where celestial exaltion could have saved the day but they simply didn't get it, which I guess is the whole "Infernals are the oppressed and downtrodden" thing. But frankly, Solars and Lunars often are oppressed and downtrodden too, so what's the difference? They just randomly "got lucky" and the infernals didn't?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Frostav View Post

                            I understand the change, but I find it a bit weird still. I really liked the thematic idea of Infernals being people who COULD have been Solars but couldn't bring themselves to do the Epic Thing. I do get why people wouldn't want to be a "loser", admittedly; I would have changed more into being people who ended up in horrific situations where celestial exaltion could have saved the day but they simply didn't get it, which I guess is the whole "Infernals are the oppressed and downtrodden" thing. But frankly, Solars and Lunars often are oppressed and downtrodden too, so what's the difference? They just randomly "got lucky" and the infernals didn't?

                            I like to think that instead of having the chosen of each of 5 different Yozi being shoehorned into castes, there might be "lost" experimental creations of one or more of them, Malefactors, Defilers, Fiends or more, each with their own castes, idiosyncracies & mysteries. Chosen feared and hunted by their repentfant makers themselves, who dread the accidentally bestowed power of those more than mortals to change their own primal, innefable nature by incremental leaps of logic and choice toward directions not mean of their own volition. Seeds of whole new directions for STs & PCs to explore.


                            Such as Dukantha as neither Akuma nor dragon-blooded but the Chosen of the Tides, the one and only beloved child of Lintha Ng Oroo, fragment of the Blood Moon upon the world, the stillborn womb of infernal Omphalos. First, last and only of his kind, Dukantha is something of neither water nor moon, but touched, influenced and influencing both.


                            All of that said, my thought as the moment is that this subject of where to take the "old" 2e Green Sun Princes in one's own games might be much better served by having its own whole thread instead of weaseling itself into this one through past optional links to regent Fokuf.
                            Last edited by Baaldam; 08-24-2021, 06:51 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                              All of that said, my thought as the moment is that this subject of where to take the "old" 2e Green Sun Princes in one's own games might be much better served by having its own whole thread instead of weaseling itself into this one through past optional links to regent Fokuf.
                              I'm down for this, quickly! While we can still make threads.


                              Onyx Path Forum Moderator

                              Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                If you had an idea to Exalt Fokuf but limited to Solar, Lunar, or DB how would you do it and what splat/caste?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X