X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercurial
    started a topic New Fokuf lore?

New Fokuf lore?

Did Fokuf ever get any new lore in 3rd Ed? He was my favorite mortal who might secretly be an Exalted (like a Fiend Caste) and I am curious if he ever got any new updates.

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
    Good by, Nephilpal's legacy.
    many of their iconic powers from 2e will still be part of their charmset, and some of the coolest things Neph loved about them (building your own soul hierarchy, worldform, etc) will now be part of ther core essence 1-5 Charms instead of something you can only start to do at High Essence.

so while it will be different, the idea that it erases rather than continuing development on his work isn’t fair.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    The main outlet I'm looking at for 2nd edition Green Sun Princes is Exigents of forbidden gods.

One of the first things I want to do with the rules for Architects when we get that manuscript is corrupt them with some of Malfeas' themes and have their patron be a corrupted god who is now effectively City Father/Mother of the Demon City.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Akuma are anyone who makes a pact with a demon this edition.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    And if you really wanted it wouldn't be hard to drop Green Sun Princes back into 3rd edition. I believe the dev's said that Akuma won't be a thing in 3rd edition so you could usurp that identity and toss it on these guys. Say that the Yozi began experimenting with the concept of Exaltation after their imprisonment and they uncovered a way to imbue mortals with their own capabilities though at great cost (perhaps it requires multiple Yozi to perform a ritual in which they each permanently sacrifice a Third Circle Soul or some other sacrifice that the Yozi would generally be loathe to make). These beings aren't Exalted per se, but imbued with Primordial souls are capable of competing with them, though the high cost of their creation ensured that Yozi weren't capable of creating more than a tiny handful and many Yozi chose not to create any at all.

Leave a comment:

• Epee102
    replied
    I mean they can still make demon races and create their own paradisal realms according to the devs. So they’ll still be you know. Freaky and weird.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mercurial View Post

No way! All of our 2nd Ed books are still here and there a bjillion homebrew Infernal charms on the net.
    That's the spirit.

The Realm does have a few small details added to the familiar lore that round Fokuf out a bit. A reference to him viewing his current position as a sinecure. A statement that he was more ambitious and talented when younger but took failing to Exalt hard.

Hmm, I have a recollection of What Fire Has Wrought saying he occasionally helps out House Tepet as best he can, but I can't find it right now if it's there. It does provide a connection between him and the Roseblack in the form of being her uncle, which might be new.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied

No way! All of our 2nd Ed books are still here and there a bjillion homebrew Infernal charms on the net.
    Someone should collate all those charms. It'll be horrible if they're lost like the white wolf wiki...

Leave a comment:

• Mercurial
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daredevil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    Sounds cool. Is it just a paint job, or are they genuinely different from before?
    Ability Charms, but Yozi-inspired ones.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied

Sounds cool. Is it just a paint job, or are they genuinely different from before?
    It doesn't really make sense to tie the Castes to specific Yozis. The Penumbra Caste is going to be the Infernal take on the wanderers, socialites and diplomats, rather than the people with the Ebon Dragon Charms paying scant lip service to those concepts in the Caste write-up and nowhere else.

Still, the Penumbra Caste is probably going to be attached to Socialize, and I would expect some fairly potent Infernal Charms in that and other Abilities to deceive, misdirect and inhabit a seemingly harmless and incompetent identity.

Leave a comment:

• Mercurial
    replied
    Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post

Azimuth, Ascendant, Horizon, Nadir, and Penumbra, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• GhanjRho
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

Not only are Infernals no longer Exalted in a moment of failure, but the Fiend Caste no longer exists. All new Castes.
    Azimuth, Ascendant, Horizon, Nadir, and Penumbra, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Mercurial
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

Not only are Infernals no longer Exalted in a moment of failure, but the Fiend Caste no longer exists. All new Castes.
    😢 😢 😢 🥀 🥀 🥀 R.I.P. Fiend Caste

Edit: Ok, could be cool. What replaced them?
    Last edited by Mercurial; 01-31-2021, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X