Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wyld-Shaping Technique: Heaven weaving new soul into the Loom of Fate (2nd Ed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a somewhat related note:

The Arczeckhi had the quaint belief that only physical force and spiritual might were real, and only acknowledged someone as a person after they murdered someone else.

I always felt that their culture could have begun with wyld-shaped people who had been told about the stitch but maybe got a few details wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

That's what I remembered. As the created wyld-beings and wyld-terrain interacted with those who were part of Creation proper, those things slowly also became subsumed into the Loom, the people there gained souls, and all of that became indistinguishable from places that had always been a part of Creation. You didn't need to go talk with a Sidereal or a god and ask them to give these people souls and attach them to the Loom of Fate. As long as they had constant contact with the people and things of Creation proper, that would all happen on its own.
      If I remember correctly, took at least a year and a day but I could be misremembering. Whether that matters or not I guess depends on the context.

Comment

Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
        If I remember correctly, took at least a year and a day but I could be misremembering. Whether that matters or not I guess depends on the context.
        Basically everything was "a year and a day" or "until Calibration", so it would make sense.

Comment

Somehow "a year and a day" loses a bit of its poetry when it's 451 days rather than 366.

Although... if we include Calibration, that would make it 456... I could see an artistry to that numerical sequence. Yes, never mind then.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            Somehow "a year and a day" loses a bit of its poetry when it's 451 days rather than 366.

Although... if we include Calibration, that would make it 456... I could see an artistry to that numerical sequence. Yes, never mind then.
            421/426 now. Months are Lunar Months now: down to 28 days (four weeks). (15 x 28) + 5.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
              Thematically, it's out of their power. Crafting things into and out of fate is the purview of sidereals.
              Disagree to an extent.

The "natural state" of stuff in Creation is inside of Fate, so they don't need to actively attach it, you just need to craft it well enough that loom says "oh, hey, that thing belongs in Fate."

(Look at it this way. If WST didn't exist and I asked you "can Solar charms create otherwise-ordinary humans that live in Creation and are outside of of Fate", surely you'd say obviously no, right? If anything WST humans walking around being outside fate and untouched by Creation's system is a bigger flavor violation than having them work themselves into fate, and obviously a bigger problem for Sidereals both mechanically and thematically. If anything, the 1e system - where they just automatically became part of Fate if they spent enough time in Creation, no special stuff required - makes more sense; it should be difficult for Solars to keep an otherwise normal human who lives in Creation outside Fate, probably requiring non-Solar-specific stuff like artifacts or sorcery. Being in Fate is the default and shouldn't generally require a lot of work to obtain provided it's something that logically fits into Creation and spends a lot of time there.)

But beyond that there's a deeper underlying issue that WST's purpose is to expand Creation. I don't think a splat's charms should generally require assistance from another splat to serve their main purpose. This doesn't necessarily mean that it should be easy or trivial to expand creation with WST, of course, and having support from other Exalted who are experts on what you're trying to create or the systems it's going to be connected to might help, but setting a hard requirement of "Creation can't really get bigger without Sidereal support" is bad.

Interacting with fate as a central theme should be limited to Sidereals and other fate-themed Exalted, but every type of Exalted can interact with fate in the logical, expected ways creational stuff does as necessary to support their themes, which includes creating stuff and having it be inside it, in the same way that eg. Sidereals aren't the shapeshifting Exalted but still have the ability to turn into a raven as a cool prophet thing.
              Last edited by Aquillion; 02-21-2021, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                On a somewhat related note:

The Arczeckhi had the quaint belief that only physical force and spiritual might were real, and only acknowledged someone as a person after they murdered someone else.

I always felt that their culture could have begun with wyld-shaped people who had been told about the stitch but maybe got a few details wrong.

interesting twist - I like

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Working...
                X