Jen Experiment Art Thread: Year of the Metal Ox edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jen Experiment Art Thread: Year of the Metal Ox edition

- Ten Li of Peach Blossom Theodotus, Fading Gold Lotus Sulumor, The Lady of Darkness in Bloodstained Robe -
    It’s almost 2021! In the Lunar Calendar that is. And there are so many Tết activities that I want to draw but I don’t have enough characters!

So if you want some festive sketches for your PC (or just NPC) and don’t mind seeing them in different clothing then I just need some description of their appearance to work with, things like the color of their skin, eyes, and hair, their personality (unless you don’t mind your ANGRY! Dawn being all happy and such), their hairstyle would also be cool too, though there is gonna be lots of turban, hat, and hair bun so there is a chance the original hairstyle won’t appear 👻 Their artifacts would also be a choice, but it’s an experiment thread so it definitely gonna get tinkered with, like you Grand Goremaul is now a watermelon killstick for example, so bewaaare the transformation ~

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Knight Raiton is fair-skinned, with black neck-length hair and dark brown eyes. He has toned muscles suggesting athleticism, but not to a “superhero” extent. His artifact is a moonsilver silken armor that shapeshifts to match personas he dons.

The armor’s appearance can vary drastically, but always includes:
    A belt
    A hat, hood, crown, or other headpiece
    Silver or gray coloration
    Black or other dark coloration (charcoal, Gotham green, navy, et cetera.)
    Some sort of imagery suggestive of feathers (feather patterns worked into jewelry, fraying at the edge of a coat).

He/him

Comment

Joyous Lark is a Night Caste sorceress. Not scholarly by nature, she came by her affinity for fire magic the same way she comes by most of her valuables - she stole it. Deep within the manse of an Ifrit Lord, she found something that opened her eyes to the numinous power of flame - and her daring infiltration won her Solar exaltation.

Joyous Lark is not very tall and has a slim, athletic build, with pale olive skin, long black hair, and blue eyes. Her expression is usually impish, gleeful, or sly. She was raised as a performer, and even before her exaltation she was a practitioner of the art of fire twirling. She therefore favours clothing that she can move freely in, and when she is not prowling rooftops or stealing whatever isn't nailed down, she prefers festive colours, particularly red, with accents of black and yellow/gold. She usually wears one or more sashes in which she conceals lockpicks, throwing knives, and other essentials for a girl's night out. Her hair is usually in a high ponytail or pigtails, all the better to whip around dramatically when she is twirling fire-sticks all over the place or jumping from rooftop to rooftop. While her "day job" as a dancer is a cover for her rampant criminality, she does find a genuine joy and fulfillment in her performances.

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

You're welcome to use either of my characters (as are you all -- please draw my characters, just let me see the art and ask before you 'ship them with anyone). You can draw them together or seperately or whatever. Transformation is cool.

Mnemon Danireya - (Female, bisexual, Air Aspected Dragon-Blooded Sorcerer)

Very pale, snow-white skin
        Deep blue eyes
        Very fair, light blonde hair
        Usually worn in a bun or twin plaits
        5'4"
        Hourglass figure (large bust, thin waist, large hips)

She has a bronze axe (not an artifact) and a white jade shield (Perdurant Vault) and an Orichcalcum Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light.

Reya is a social butterfly who'll happily celebrate any occassion. She works hard (very serious at work) and plays hard (usually laughing and happy). Would happy celebrate something that doesn't exist with a hovering First Age Solar.

Reya will happily wear any style, so long as she thinks it looks good on her. (You're the artist, if you think it looks good, she thinks it looks good.) I've been drawing her pregnant recently if her normal body-type doesn't interest you.

Cynis Ganan - (Male, pansexual, Earth Aspected Dragon-Blooded Sorcerer, Reya's husband)

Mixed race/brown skin or Invulnerable Skin of Bronze
        Bright blue eyes
        Very dark brown/black hair
        Usually closely cropped short
        6'0"
        Very muscular

If you want to use his artifacts he normally has:

A white jade tetsubo
        A magical pearl necklace that keeps him clean
        An Ultimately Useful Tube (which he pretty much exclusively uses as a wooden flute)

Ganan is a rare breed: a socially inept Dynast. He's permenantly confused by social situations. Probably scowling -- doesn't understand why he's celebrating "New Year 2021" especially with a bunch of Anathema. "Why am I here? What am I doing? Who are all these hot dads?"

Ganan doesn't dress himself: he wears whatever he's told (including accessories, jewlery, make-up, etc). This can mean he's wearing something that is uncomfortable or embarrasses him, but he's usually too much of an oblivious bimbo to care. Reya recently made him wear a Santa outfit - which confused and bemused him.

So long as you're not going to draw anything sexual/humiliating/weird with them, you can also draw:

Cynis Jinabar (She/her)

Mixed race/brown skin
        Green flecked hazel eyes
        Very dark brown curly hair
        5'0"
        Slim build

She has a green jade power pole.

Loud, malicious, Fire Aspected trickster

Gracious Pealing Melody (She/her)

Caucasian
        Brown eyes
        Straight brown hair
        5'8"
        Pear shaped (fat with small breasts)

She has an orichalcum short power bow.

Confident, a bawdy singer, Wood aspect.
        Last edited by JohnDoe244; 02-05-2021, 02:38 PM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Wu Ma
          Fire Aspect Dragonblooded bandit turned exorcist
          Barrel chested and stocky
          Long reddish-black hair tied up in a top-knot
          Long reddish black beard
          Mix of Imperial and Varangi (almond eyes and somewhere between tanned and rust colored skin)
          Worn leather satchel of exorcism gear
          Ever-present drinking gourd
          Wields Zelator from Arms of the Chosen

(Since I suck at descriptions, for much more relevant descriptions I picture him as a mix of Yin Chek Hsia from A Chinese Ghost Story, Fire Master from Deadful Melody, with a splash of the typical depiction of Guan Yu. And yes, the actor behind both characters is where I got the name)
          Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 02-05-2021, 02:46 PM.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

Why is Theodotus wearing a shirt? This is heresy.

Comment

The Saint of Promised Silence, or "Sil" is a Midnight Caste Abyssal. Generally very affable, if eccentric. Occasionally unsettling and eldritch. Definitely okay with different clothes. As for Tết activities, I suggest praying at a family altar(that's actually dedicated to the Neverborn or something), or making a bunch of sticky rice food.

Comment

Oh snap, well if you are looking for a monk, and thus wanna draw some robes and stuff, I have

The Little Mountain
                Earth Aspect Dragon Blooded child. (Around 14-15)
                Immaculate monk robes and style,
                Tanned skin that has a slight granite texture.
                She is quite short, less than five feet (About 147cm)
                She has a very strong build though.
                Her weapon is Faith's Pillar from What Fire Has Wrought (There is a pic on 322).
                Like all immaculate monks she has a bald head.
                Her eyes are sapphire blue.

And if you are looking for a beast person,

I have
                Kidd
                Full Moon Lunar Exalted
                She is always in her hybrid alligator form. Green scaled skin,
                Sharp teeth, Yellow reptile eyes.
                Her face is human in shape, not alligator shaped.
                She has red brown hair cropped usually to the base of her neck.
                She is also muscular and also young, mid teen.
                About 150cm.
                Her only weapons are her claws and a meat cleaver.
                I will give artist full choice on how to showcase her tattoos.

Obviously if you have too much to work on feel free to skip, but if you do draw either it would rule. I ADORE your artwork.

Comment

Oh! A Jen open art OC thread! I hope I’m not too late!

K the Jester

Eclipse Caste entertainer (& secret liberator/Underground Railroad leader of freed Guild slaves). Runs her own circus; K's Flying Circus (which really flies).

Skin- pale, with freckles
                  Eyes- piercing, icy blue
                  Hair- ginger red
                  Other- Big smile, gap in front teeth, pointy canines, ears a little pointed (family from the Threshold, with Fae blood in it)

Stature- Short, athletic, little curvy

Personality- Upbeat, happy, enthusiastic. Extrovert. Has a serious/no none-sense business side the audience raillery sees. (Like Stan Lee + Mentok the Mindtaker [Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law]).

She likes ridding tamed Tyrant Lizards, giant Mole Hounds, & Wind Whales. (Only mention this if it amuses you to add.)

Her artifacts of choice are a Wrack-staff version of Death at the Root (Moon-silver Martial Arts Staff Weapon), & a Hand of the Great Maker (mechanical gauntlet that allows Wyld-Shaping in Creation). (Only mention this if it amuses you to add.)
                  Last edited by Daredevil; 02-06-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                    So long as you're not going to draw anything sexual/humiliating/weird with them, you can also draw:
                    Oh no, you don’t have to worry about me ever drawing anything sexual with female characters 😗

Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                    Wu Ma
                    Fire Aspect Dragonblooded bandit turned exorcist
                    Barrel chested and stocky
                    Long reddish-black hair tied up in a top-knot
                    Long reddish black beard
                    Mix of Imperial and Varangi (almond eyes and somewhere between tanned and rust colored skin)
                    Worn leather satchel of exorcism gear
                    Ever-present drinking gourd
                    Wields Zelator from Arms of the Chosen

(Since I suck at descriptions, for much more relevant descriptions I picture him as a mix of Yin Chek Hsia from A Chinese Ghost Story, Fire Master from Deadful Melody, with a splash of the typical depiction of Guan Yu. And yes, the actor behind both characters is where I got the name)
                    Quite remind me of Zhong Kui in appearance and profession. And by stocky do you mean something like? Or is it the thick and muscular weightlifter type of body?

Also what do you think about having half his face covered with only the lower area exposed?

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                    Why is Theodotus wearing a shirt? This is heresy.
                    I have started to cover him more and more in latter designs, more fabric means more area to decorate and hanging fancy trinkets you know. Though I may just end up with a half-chest situation with him wearing an exomis top.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Yaaay what a fun way to celebrate a new year! I look forward to seeing what you do with everyone's characters. I would love to see your take on any of my characters. Here's a few for you to play with. :3 Hope you have fun with them and have a happy new year!

Kalara, Eclipse Caste. Loves art/artists, fashion, and dressing to impress! She uses dual Prayer Pieces usually.

Night Locust, Night Caste. Kalara's right-hand man and prankster ninja.

He's pretty bishi under the mask lol!

Khazan the Starless Dragon, Fire Aspect. A father figure and mentor of Kalara's. He's also from the South and served as an Ashen Guard captain in Gem, has a fancy beard, and loves good whiskey. He was inspired by Blackbeard the pirate. Art by Jadehand. Feel free to play with his fashion and beard decoration. This guy seems up your alley lol.

My Exalted Art | My Exalted Fanfiction

Comment

Suriya Bet Malek of the House of Malek of Ys, bearer of Vainglory (Arms of the Chosen has descriptor) and Spring Razor(Core book), is a dark skinned red haired woman Eclipse caste with a motif of serpents and roses of a...let us say haughty compassionate demeanor. The Noble who on the one hand believes herself better than her peers, but on the other hand believes that her subjects suffering reflects poorly on her talents.
                        Has a pet Simhata.
                        Current Comission is here.
                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1udb...ew?usp=sharing

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                        Many Limbed Manual
                        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Old Year Bronze Lion Cynis Ganan - New Spring Golden Ox Augustus

So every new year, some asshole magic lion comes down from the mountain to wreck stuffs, eats human, and maybe have sex too. The people are this dreading the coming of the first year, and then BAAAAM! Comes the twelve guardians who battles the lion to save the human, but the lion is super strong so it seems that the guardians are losing. Seeing that, the human proceed to bang their gong, throw out firework and bright colors object toward the lion who was distracted for just a moment, but it was enough for the guardian to wound it and causing it to retreat back to the mountain.

Nobody in the area knows if the story was true or not, but the lion and guardian dance has happened every year now with the lion battling against one of the twelve guardian each year. Muscular men in decorated masks made of wood, beads, and silk performing their dance on new year are said to bring good luck to a community. Their colorful costume, energetic movement, daring maneuvers, and rock-hard abs are sure to entertain many onlookers. Curiously, there is no native lion in the area as far as the people here has remembered.

Comment

*Incoherent happy noises*

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

The clothing details we get from Jen May be my favorite aspect of the art. It’s really useful.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                              X