No announcement yet.

Jen Experiment Art Thread: Year of the Metal Ox edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure the “Benevolence King” ie. Nioh/Inwang etc. is none other than Hercules himself, stylized and Buddhist-ified. Specifically, a fusion of Hercules and a relatively minor gatekeeper-spirit in Hinduism.

MtAw Homebrew:
    Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
    New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

It seems more likely to me that Vajrapani got merged with Hercules when Buddhism is popular in the Gandhara regions, assume that the club-wielding figure accompanied Gautama Buddha is actually Hercules.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
        I guess it’s kinda like how the Diyu and Naraka merged together and now you have a Bodhisattva hanging around in Hell with the Ten Yama Kings like Hercules and Gautama Buddha.
        Siddhartha Gautama: "Hey, Herc! Wanna hang out at my place and be a wrathful defender against the foes of enlightenment?"

Heracles: "You had me at the word wrathful."

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post

Ah, I got a commission during Lunar New Year and the holiday has already over when I’m finished, along with my enthusiasm 👻 I’m thinking about making another thread, this time theme around summer vacation since I haven’t had one for 15 years (and probably never with Covid going on), but I gotta draw a banner image first! And also finishing these commissions that I’m having...

Though I wonder if many people are as excited as me to see their characters in summer beach fashion ~(¯ ¯٥)~
          That makes sense, paid work comes first. Artists deserve to get paid!

As long as you're still doing another art thread though, I for one would love to see the Beach Episode version of my character

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Measure of Hope View Post

That makes sense, paid work comes first. Artists deserve to get paid!

As long as you're still doing another art thread though, I for one would love to see the Beach Episode version of my character
            And it is happening again! I continuously has commissions one after another, which is pretty nice considering there is a plague going on but summer is ending soon…

Fortunately the spirit of sweaty men in short shorts would never leave me even when summer is fading away so that Exalted Summer thread is definitely gonna happens 💃

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Working...
            X