Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Fortress / Citadel Type

Hello!

I'm currently working on my Exalted Setting and I'm looking for references for a flying castle / floating citadel type of map / image that I can use.

I'd love to see your suggestions if you have the time

Thanks!

What type of thing are you looking for? Massive battle station? Floating city? Attack platform? Huge hollowed-out flying head covered in ballistas?

Comment

Well, there are the Directional Titans

I don't recall what book they're described in - but if you think low orbit flying city/death-star (powered by a solar anima flare), then you're not really wrong...

I could easily imagine a whole game starting out with the players finding one in ruins, conquering it, clearing it out, re-settling it, repairing it, getting it airborn again, finding new powersources for it (five whole PSVs!!!) and then some.

There's also Sunken Luthe - the "atlantis" of Exalted - IIRC that's fleshed out pretty well in the West splatbook for 2nd ed

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

It would be a smaller then Luthe or the Direction Titans...

I kinda dig the Skypoint / Vivane sourcebook image (https://imgur.com/vt3xoTL)

It's more of a Flying Fortress / Safari Palace / Luxury pleasure palace that was comissioned for a Solar of the First Age so he could enjoy Creation's Bounty (and maybe travel to Malfeas, the Underworld and the Wyld) hunting game and such.

Comment

Zaibach Empire flying fortress:

Laputa (a kind of ruined one)

Comment

One idea I had a while back was for a Hecatoncheire that was basically Castlevania - a big floating gothic castle that, when summoned to Creation, makes the area around it bleaker and bleaker until it turns into a shadowland if allowed to hang ominously in one place for too long.

Comment

I never knew that Zaibach Empire flying fortress was a thing... and the whole Castlevania/Hekatonthingy is a great idea!

Comment

There where some flying houses (Artifacts) in Dreams of the First Age (2nd).

Comment

Originally posted by light-hero View Post
                  There where some flying houses (Artifacts) in Dreams of the First Age (2nd).

Yeah, I remember... I'm looking for visual inspiration

Comment

Solaris is a flying conglomerate of cities kept afloat in stable orbit plus some undescribed gravity-manipulation technology derived from the original colonizers of the setting's planet.

(the pipe at the bottom doesn't reach the ground, it's still so far high you can't see it without a telescope)

Shevat is smaller and mobile, and flies using different technology from a civilization that came after Solaris' and managed to rival its achievements.

(Solaris and Shevat warred before, Solaris won)

Check my Exalted homebrew!

Comment

2nd ed Corebook, page 23, has what you're looking for.

I would even show if it the reply weren't sabotaging any attempt for me to upload an image instead of an URL....

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                        2nd ed Corebook, page 23, has what you're looking for.

I would even show if it the reply weren't sabotaging any attempt for me to upload an image instead of an URL....

Found it! What is that called again? It's a good inspiration!

Comment

Originally posted by Pram View Post

Found it! What is that called again? It's a good inspiration!

The corebook does not say anything in particular, but i guess it might be an Aerial Pagoda from Wonders of the Lost Age, or maybe a plus-sized version of the same.

Comment

Working...
                          X