Ask a question, get an answer 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erinys View Post
    And the second is not a literal mechanical statement about sacrificing all the intimacies to one's worldview, but the idea that the initiate must expand their mind beyond their previous understanding of the world in some significant, life-changing way. Am I understanding right?
    It's not a mechanically mandated thing, but I think it would be appropriate to portray such an Intimacy as altering, rather than being lost entirely.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• Did Exalted Essence actually make it that the origin of the Spoken and identity of the Voice in the Trench was a dead Incarna?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
        Did Exalted Essence actually make it that the origin of the Spoken and identity of the Voice in the Trench was a dead Incarna?
        No text to that effect exists in the kickstarter draft. I searched for "voice in", "trench", "spoken", "niobraran" and "neptune" and found nothing. That said, we don't have the companion yet, and it might contain anything.
        I recall dev commentary to that effect on the Discord server, but you'd have to dredge through that yourself.

Comment

• Can you pay the motes for two activations of the DB charm Roaring Dragon Officer to put two different command actions in a flurry ie. an "order" and a "rally for numbers"?

Comment

• what CMA would work best for a lunar wanting to go full turtle totem for a teenage mutant ninja turtle setup? ...ideally I'd need four different ones: one for sais, one for sword (ideally dual wielded), one for staff, and one for nunchucks

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• Where are the threads where people with Fangs at the Gate specify what changed from 2E?
              I know there were threads where people asked things like "Is Raksi still insane and eating babies?", "Is Leviathan still obsessed with torturing Traitorspawn", "What is Chimerism in 3E", "Is there any danger of Casteless going crazy anymore?"

I can't find these threads, Google claims they don't exist. Can anyone help me find this info?

Also where did everyone go and why did they all leave?

She/Her. I am literal-minded and write literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to make a joke.
              My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
              Exalted-cWoD-ArM url mega-library. Exalted name-generators, Exalted and WTA stuff from me and others.

Comment

• Since I can't edit:

Where did everyone go? And why did nearly everyone leave?

Where can I find the previews of Arms of the Chosen and Essence? Were they free previews or backer previews?

She/Her. I am literal-minded and write literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to make a joke.
                My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
                Exalted-cWoD-ArM url mega-library. Exalted name-generators, Exalted and WTA stuff from me and others.

Comment

• The Claws/Fangs/Hooves/Horns merit?

Do you have to pay twice if you want to buy Claws and Fangs and/or Horns?

Or is it all-right if you only pay once because there is very little way you could use more than one at the same time?

Comment

• Did anyone try Solar-Lunar mixed parties in actual game for 3rd edition? How was/Lunar(s)? Is it right they aren-tSolars 'poor cousins' any more and has their unique features?

Comment

• Did anyone try Solar-Lunar mixed parties in actual game for 3rd edition? How was/Lunar(s)? Is it right they aren-tSolars 'poor cousins' any more and has their unique features?

Comment

Comment

• I have been re-reading 2nd edition Compass of Celestial Direction Vol 3.: Yu-shan and Books of Sorcery Vol. 4 - Roll of Glorious Divinity in order to refresh my knowledge about gods and elementals, and there a few things that aren't clear to me... so I thought this forum was the place to find somebody able to solve my doubts:

Question 1: The rank of a deity in Yu-shan is determined only by their Essence level, isn't it?

I mean, we have a Fourth Rank deity like Wu-jan as head of the Bureau of Humanity, while a much stronger god like Fifth Rank Uvanavu is an underling of Yaogin the Fair, Division Head of the Cerulean Lute, and Third Rank Livilla is Uvanavu's main rival within such Division... And the Canal Gods had the same divine rank as Livilla and Blue Crest... It is clear divine rank isn't directly related to the importance of the deity's administrative role or to its political connections, but to their personal might alone...

Yes, a strong deity tends to rise, and a weakened deity tends to fall, but their rank isn't directly related to their political relevance, only to their Essence...

Am I wrong?

Question 2: How does promotion works among the elementals in the Bureaus of Seasons (and among the Celestial Censors in the Department of Celestial Concerns of the Bureau of Heaven)?

With gods, their Essence, and hence their Divine Rank is at least connected to the relevance of their purview, and, to a lesser extent, to the worship they receive. So, if a god has a very high Essence, they probably has a very important purview, and with rare exceptions, they have been doing that job from a long time, so it makes sense that have done merits to climb pyramid to a high position of power...

But Elementals are different... you can have a guy like Jealous Saffron Rage, who is an Essence 8 Lesser Elemental Dragon despite lacking a position in the Celestial Bureaucracy, or even being a part of the Courts of Fire down in Creation... So, what happens if a really powerful, say an Essence 7 or Essence 8 comes seeking a job in the Bureau of Season...?

Does it start at a low position, maybe receiving a tittle like Baron of Fire Rainbows (a Fire Rainbow is a very rare and fleeting meteorological phenomenon that happens when a ray of light goes through a cloud at just the right angle, creating a multicolored point of light in that cloud), or Sub-intendent of the Last Day of the Last Week of Descending Fire, or Captain of Ball Lightning...?

Or do the Bureau gives them a high position from the start, like Duke of Rainbows, Governor of Descending Fire and Colonel of Wyldfire Firestorms, maybe starting a chain of relocations along the whole hierarchy...?

Would Ghataru maybe create a new, important-sounding title for them, like Grand Marshall of Sudden Thunderstorms Accompanied by Light Sunshowers Above the Desert at the Beginning of Ascending Water that Provoke the Adrupt Flowering of Desert Plants Turning Sands into Blossoming Meadows, with a very small purview and very narrow duties, but with a high Salary and other advantages, in order to keep them happy being part of the Bureau of Seasons (so they don't lose a powerful subordinate...).

Or would Ghataru just hire them as a private bodyguard, rather than messing with the Bureau's hierarchy?

Could there by some ridiculously powerful elementals filling low positions in the Bureau, who stay there because they aren't ambitious and prefer to have as little work and as few duties as possible...?

Same goes for the Celestial Censors... I guess newly enrolled Lesser Elemental Dragons have to spend ages working as deputies and assistants to senior Censor before being promoted to Celestial Censors themselves, but, could a very powerful Elemental Dragon work under a way weaker boss? And, would they have to wait until a new vacancy is created by the death of Celestial Censor, or could the Department of Celestial Concerns create more position as Celestial Censors to give to qualified Lesser Elemental Dragons...?

Question 3: How do the rules forbidding gods from holding jobs in two different Bureaus work exactly...?

I find these confusing... In the Sidereals book it is mentioned that, while is common for a deity to work in two different Bureaus (for example, Ruvia is the head of the Division of Journeys in the Bureau of Destiny, but he also coordinates the Road Gods from the Bureau of Humanity), it is illegal to actually hold two jobs in different Bureaus, like Masque of Repose (God of Funeral Arrangements and City Father of Sijan) does...

But while it is explained why Masque of Repose gets away with it (nobody else actually want either of his jobs), what about other deities holding multiple jobs, like Ahlat, Southern War God (Bureau of Heaven), God of Cattle (Bureau of Nature) and God of Harbonhead (Bureau of Humanity) or Rudhira Western Goddes of Ships, one of the Five Celestial Admirals of the Bureau of Humanity, and also a member of the Divison of Aquatic Artifacts in the Bureau of Heaven...? Both have lots of enemies who would love to destroy them... how do they get away with holding several jobs? Is it because they only get a single Salary from a single Bureau?

Question 4: We read about multiple God-bloods who are children of a Spirit (Ghost, God or Elemental) and a human (Exalted or mortal), but, can two Spirits (two Elementals, two Gods, an Elemental and a God...etc.) have children...?

Thank you very much in advance!

Comment

• Hmm... it doesn't say in the core book.

Question: In 2nd edition, does solar hero style allow for use while wearing armor???

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• If a lunar with a horse totem practices Hidden Horse style, can you then be your own form weapon?

Comment

Working...
                              X