Ask a question, get an answer 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomDick&Harry View Post
    How do you pronounce getimian? All the google results just want to tell me about exigents.
    I did a bit of looking and unfortunately even the stuff that is mostly about the word itself mostly talks aobut what it's derived form and what it derived into.

Originally posted by From https://www.etymonline.com/word/time
    time (v.) Old English getimian "to happen, befall," from time (n.). Meaning "to appoint a time" (of an action, etc.) is attested from c. 1300; sense of "to measure or record the time of" (a race, event, etc.) is first attested 1660s. Related: Timed; timing.
    Originally posted by From http://www.oereader.ca/glos.htm
    getimian wk verb: happen (forms: getimode 3rd pers sing pret indic)
    Originally posted by From https://grammarist.com/homophones/thyme-vs-time/
    ... The word time is derived from the Old English word getimian, which means to befall or to happen.
    None of these note actually have definitions, but I kind of get a feeling that it probably is pronounced "ge-TIME-ee-uhn" or something to that manner. It's kind of notable that they're the Exalts with a non-Latin name, which seems fitting there.

EDIT: Some digging on this site might help. It basically is something like:

geh or yeh (sometimes the ge is italicized so don't know)
    tim = as in the name
    ian = As in the way you'd think that would be pronounced, with an ee-an.
    Last edited by Blaque; 04-02-2021, 02:09 PM.

And stuff.
    My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
      Yeah, it was a longshot to see if they'd come up in a novel or something.

Thanks.
      Sorry, don't have the novels.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

If I'm a goody two-shoes Solar who just acquired a bunch of soulsteel, is there anything I can do to...I dunno, purify it? Release the trapped souls?

Comment

Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
          If I'm a goody two-shoes Solar who just acquired a bunch of soulsteel, is there anything I can do to...I dunno, purify it? Release the trapped souls?
          In canon? No.

For your game? Sounds like an appropriate Social Goal for your character. I would totally run a ~3 session arc about that. Discuss it with your ST. Would be a great idea for its own thread and we could all discuss in depth.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

In canon? No.

For your game? Sounds like an appropriate Social Goal for your character. I would totally run a ~3 session arc about that. Discuss it with your ST. Would be a great idea for its own thread and we could all discuss in depth.
            I recall, back in 1st or 2nd, I postulated on the idea of someone going around redeeming Soulsteel weapons then using them as incredibly powerful artifacts for the three days it took to comp. I think I was riffing on the idea that once Transcendence (or whatever the Exalted term for it is) started, nothing could stop it and nothing could hurt the soul in any way. I did not have any suggestion for how to do it, though.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

In canon? No.

Hell, I am the storyteller. Last session ended with a behemoth-kracken making a reappearance, this time with several tons of Soulsteel armor bolted on. One of my players started asking about purifying the stuff almost immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
                Hell, I am the storyteller. Last session ended with a behemoth-kracken making a reappearance, this time with several tons of Soulsteel armor bolted on. One of my players started asking about purifying the stuff almost immediately.

I'd suggest a sorcerous working as a nice quick one, or find a mysticla place of purity. It should not be _easy_ but it could be possilbe.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                Many Limbed Manual
                Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

What do you get when you do manage to purify an alloy of strange shadow ores and tormented souls of the dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                    What do you get when you do manage to purify an alloy of strange shadow ores and tormented souls of the dead?
                    There's not really a canonical answer to that.

‚ÄčI guess I could ask, purify it of what? And how are you doing so?

He/him

Comment

• Does Impassioned Discourse Technique (p.370 Core) allow you to persuade as if your persuasion target held the intimacy you're using?
                      Or it's just fluff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Altasaire View Post
                        Does Impassioned Discourse Technique (p.370 Core) allow you to persuade as if your persuasion target held the intimacy you're using?
                        Or it's just fluff?
                        I'd say it's fluff.

What the charm does is give you a success and bonus dice.

Comment

Working...
                        X