X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lioness
    started a topic Ask a question, get an answer 2

Ask a question, get an answer 2

Even if the original thread wasn't the culprit for the recent problems with the forum it's probably best we start over.

This is the general user Q&A thread. Additionally if you are not an Exalted developer and wish to weigh in on a question posed in Ask the Devs, please answer it here.

Thank you everyone.

• Jefepato
    replied
    How do the Dragon-Blooded of the Realm (and other Immaculate-faithful places generally) interact with cooperative gods?

Just as an example, consider Gri-Fel, the god of the Imperial City. Obviously, he's not in charge of the city (the Dragon-Blooded are in charge). But do they generally treat him with (at least superficial) respect, invite him to parties, and/or actually seek his opinion on issues of importance to the city? Or is he basically just expected to smile, shut the fuck up, and accept his share of Immaculate worship quietly?

Leave a comment:

• Ashenrogue
    replied
    A question about the charm Heavenly Guardian Defense. One of its uses allows you to parry normally unparryable attacks. If used against an Ambush attack would it also allow you to apply other charms (such as Excellencies) to increase your base parry rating?

Leave a comment:

• Loving the Gorgon
    replied
    In a similar vein - Underworld questions:

How does travel to the Underworld work outside of Shadowlands? Shadowlands take a lot of time to open, use, create, I mean more how does a Solar or Lunar (possibly with necromancy) open up a direct rift into the Underworld? What rolls are involved in 3e does anyone know?

Can ghosts automatically "cross over" to the Underworld at any time without a shadowland? If someone wanted to send a bound ghost to "the other side" to check that is.

Am I missing anything crucial in the concept here that makes my questions dumb? lol

Leave a comment:

• Loving the Gorgon
    replied
    Loom of Fate questions-

What can the loom of fate NOT see?
    Does the loom of fate write itself automatically based on what people choose to do or is it being written by the pattern spiders?
    If so on above how do the pattern spiders write around anything going on that they can't see?

Lastly are the affairs of the underworld and malfeas completely outside the "sight" of the loom of fate? Can the loom see Abyssal directly?

Leave a comment:

• Jefepato
    replied
    I just noticed: in Heirs to the Shogunate (p. 212), there's an Essence 1 Eclipse Charm, Festering Rot, that deals aggravated damage to any living target with a decisive attack (in addition to some other unpleasant effects). It's only 4 motes.

Is it just me, or is that awfully cheap? Aggravated damage doesn't seem to grow on trees in 3e -- there are certainly Charms that deal aggravated damage to spirits or creatures of darkness or whatever, but few that just deal aggravated damage to the vast majority of possible targets so cheaply.

Leave a comment:

• Ashenrogue
    replied
    Double post

Leave a comment:

• Ashenrogue
    replied
    A question I have is what counts as an X-based roll? If a charm adds an attribute or an ability to a roll does it then count as a roll based on that attribute or ability? What if you only add part of an attribute or ability? If I would add, let's say Lore, to a roll, due to a charm or something if the like, would it then be counted as a Lore based roll in addition to whatever else was being added? What is I only added Lore/2? What if I added the higher of Essence or Lore and Essence is higher?

Leave a comment:

• webkilla
    replied
    quick fun question: in 2nd ed - there's an abyssal melee charm that lets you reduce a target's permanent essence by 1

the charm doen't say anything about how you regain that essence. is it permanent loss? does it come back in a week? month?

Leave a comment:

• Jefepato
    replied
    The Scroll of Errata (I'm pretty sure I have the most recent version) doesn't seem to say anything about the Infernal Excellencies.

If that actually works, I guess GSPs were a bit more powerful than I ever thought.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
    EDIT: Apologies, somehow I didn't notice how old this thread was. Feel free to ignore me.

I have a (possibly very silly) 2e question.

Can Infernal Excellencies boost unrolled uses of an Attribute, as one might do with Lunar Excellencies? Like boosting Appearance in social combat, Stamina for soak, Strength for meeting a weapon's minimum requirements etc.

The Excellency does have a specific clause for actions not using an Ability: "If the action uses only an Attribute or Ability and not a combination of the two, the dice limit is the (used trait + Essence) instead."

I'm assuming there's a reason you can't do this, since I've never heard such a thing discussed before (and indeed I've head of Fiends going out of their way to buy Appearance Excellencies).
    I would rule it as valid.

It has a Step 2 use, so it can enhance Static Values.
    It has a clause for when you don't include an Ability and are just enhancing an Atribute.
    It specifically lists the terms for which you can use the Excellency as being based on theme and specifically not "innate talent or learned skill (i.e., Attributes or Abilities)".

I honestly don't remember if it got errata, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Leave a comment:

• Jefepato
    replied
    EDIT: Apologies, somehow I didn't notice how old this thread was. Feel free to ignore me.

I have a (possibly very silly) 2e question.

Can Infernal Excellencies boost unrolled uses of an Attribute, as one might do with Lunar Excellencies? Like boosting Appearance in social combat, Stamina for soak, Strength for meeting a weapon's minimum requirements etc.

The Excellency does have a specific clause for actions not using an Ability: "If the action uses only an Attribute or Ability and not a combination of the two, the dice limit is the (used trait + Essence) instead."

I'm assuming there's a reason you can't do this, since I've never heard such a thing discussed before (and indeed I've head of Fiends going out of their way to buy Appearance Excellencies).

Leave a comment:

• ThomasM
    replied
    Deleted due to double-posting.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasM
    replied
    Are there any universal restrictions on using Martial Arts while mounted? I am interested in using White Reaper style from horseback. The WR write up does not mention such a restriction but it's not at all unlikely that I missed something in the 3E tome.

Leave a comment:

• webkilla
    replied
    Here's a fun question: The messenger sorcery spell - what's the limitations on that? How well must you know a recipient in order to send a spell to someone? Is simply knowing their name enough? Must you have met the reciever in person face ot face? Just seem them randomly on the street?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X