Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Exalted sourcebook is the most puissant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Exalted sourcebook is the most puissant?

I'm sure some of you have wondered about which Exalted sourcebooks were endowed with the greatest amount of puissance.

Thankfully, I can now give you an objective answer. The ranking, of all the Exalted sourcebooks that I have pdf copies or Kickstarter previews of, is as follows:

In last place, Exalted 3rd Edition, with a puissance of 7.
    In fourth place, a tie between Dragon-Blooded: What Fire has Wrought and The Realm, both with a puissance of 10.
    In third place, Arms of the Chosen, with a puissance of 11.
    In second place, Heirs to the Shogunate with a puissance of 15.
    In first place, Lunars: Fangs at the Gate, with a puissance of 16.

These rankings are objective but they may not be completely accurate - I may have erred in evaluating their puissance, and Heirs may become more or less puissant in the final version.

There seems to be an increasing trend, so it's possible that future books, or Many-Faced Strangers in particular, may be even more puissant than these.

< Inago Montoya >

[Edit]

Oh I get it now! Completely inappropriate quote. Let's try this one:

"13 isn't it?"
    "What?"
    "I make it 13." (WFHW)
    Last edited by JohnDoe244; 02-26-2021, 05:50 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

I feel like you're underrating the puissance of the corebook, simply because it's so heavy and good for cudgeling.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
        < Inago Montoya >

[Edit]

Oh I get it now! Completely inappropriate quote. Let's try this one:

"13 isn't it?"
        "What?"
        "I make it 13." (WFHW)
        I do think you get it, but I, now, don't get what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Kukla View Post
          I feel like you're underrating the puissance of the corebook, simply because it's so heavy and good for cudgeling.
          The numbers don't lie, but I guess a physical version could be different from my pdf.

Comment

Originally posted by habitableexoplanet View Post
            I do think you get it, but I, now, don't get what you mean.
            Sorry, the word "puissance" or "puissant" appears 13 times in What Fire Has Wrought. You said ten.
            Last edited by JohnDoe244; 02-27-2021, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Comment

2025: Essence is officially replaced by Puissance.

Comment

Power, might, potency, grandeur, force, ability, vigor, force, muscle, strength... uh... I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

Sorry, the word "puissance" or "puissant" appears 13 times in What Fire Has Wrought. You said ten.
                    I don't count Charm names, except once, when the Charm name is defined, because it seems silly to rack up a high score by mentioning the same Charm repeatedly in its text, in the prerequisites of other Charms, or in character writeup. But maybe I'm still off by 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by habitableexoplanet View Post

I don't count Charm names, except once, when the Charm name is defined, because it seems silly to rack up a high score by mentioning the same Charm repeatedly in its text, in the prerequisites of other Charms, or in character writeup. But maybe I'm still off by 1 or 2.
                      Ah now I understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X