Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infernal with burning eyes and sparesome wardrobe: What is her name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infernal with burning eyes and sparesome wardrobe: What is her name?

Can anyone remember?

She is featured in the art of Infernals and in a comic in the Storyteller's Companion for second edition.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Originally posted by Jutlander View Post
    Can anyone remember?

She is featured in the art of Infernals and in a comic in the Storyteller's Companion for second edition.
    It's kinda hard to say. Her art has the Eclipse Caste mark, but the art also predates the Demom: The Fallen tweaks made to infernal Castes. (I'm pretty sure her art started popping up in 1E). The Fiend Caste map to Eclipse, so it's possible she's Manosque Cyan (the Fiend in Scroll of Exalts) but it's also possible she could be some random Eclipse Caste Akuma. The Infernal Exalted we got were very different from all the teasers we got of them prior to that book's release.
    Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 03-09-2021, 11:42 AM.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

That's Manosque Cyan isn't it? The signature Fiend. She fights Harmonious Jade mostly nude (but for her strategic anima banner (a "deep purple and black nimbus") in Infernals and emerges from her chrysalis in the ST guide? Hime cut? Circular (Eclipse/Fiend) caste mark? Has long black firmin nails?

She's in a BUNCH of comics (only, you know, dressed).

[Edit]

TVTropes calls her "Burning Eyes Maiden" and says she's a nameless Akuma. But I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Cyan.

[Edit edit]

On actually looking up the comics instead of trying to be clever about it, I think TV Tropes is right about this one. Nameless akuma.
      Last edited by JohnDoe244; 03-09-2021, 02:37 PM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Cyan would be a weird fit when there's a comic where the character prostrates herself before Ligier and tears her eyes out, which seems incompatible with Cyan's story.

Also, Return of the Scarlet Empress had a comic featuring that character accompanying the Empress while killing Chejop, and then another featuring Cyan doing other stuff far away and looking different.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          Cyan would be a weird fit when there's a comic where the character prostrates herself before Ligier and tears her eyes out, which seems incompatible with Cyan's story.
          Huh. Where's that comic? I don't recall it.

I gotta say, I've let most of 2E fade from memory so the Burning Eyes Maiden thing might be correct. Seems a little weird that there's two characters with the same caste-mark, hair-cut and fingernails -- but that similiarity is just as likely to be why I've confused the two as it is to be them being the same character. (Cyan does use that... eye-wrap thingy that inverts light and dark and has red eyes in the color art.)

Not saying I'm not wrong -- I just don't remember that comic.

[Edit]

That's the comic in the ST Companion, actually looked it up rather than doing it from memory. And she's not emerging from a crysalis at all - I wildly misremembered that one, but in my defence it has been YEARS since I cracked the 2E ST book.

And the character in RotSE is also nude. And the Infernals comic is right before the section on Akuma. And there isn't even an Infernal Exalts section in the ST Companion.

Okay, fair enough. Mea culpa.

Definitely the nameless akuma known to fans as "Burning Eyes Maiden".
          Last edited by JohnDoe244; 03-09-2021, 02:42 PM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
            Huh. Where's that comic? I don't recall it.

I gotta say, I've let most of 2E fade from memory so the Burning Eyes Maiden thing might be correct. Seems a little weird that there's two characters with the same caste-mark, hair-cut and fingernails -- but that similiarity is just as likely to be why I've confused the two as it is to be them being the same character. (Cyan does use that... eye-wrap thingy that inverts light and dark and has red eyes in the color art.)

Not saying I'm not wrong -- I just don't remember that comic.

[Edit]

That's the comic in the ST Companion, actually looked it up rather than doing it from memory. And she's not emerging from a crysalis at all - I wildly misremembered that one, but in my defence it has been YEARS since I cracked the 2E ST book.

And the character in RotSE is also nude. And the Infernals comic is right before the section on Akuma. And there isn't even an Infernal Exalts section in the ST Companion.

Okay, fair enough. Mea culpa.

Definitely the nameless akuma known to fans as "Burning Eyes Maiden".
            The "rising from the chrysalis" bit is pg 68 of MoEP: Infernals, but that seems to be another different character with the exact same hair. (Has the hourglass Caste mark)
            I guess the minions of the Yozi really like that long hair with bangs style.
            Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 03-09-2021, 03:54 PM.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

Thanks guys.

And yes, definitely not Manosque Cyan in my opinion. Her lack of eyes seems very literal as is implied in a comic in the Wyld.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Her lack of eyes is not implied. In the opening comic of the Storyteller's Guide she is shown ripping them out.

She was never given a name though. Or clothes for that matter

Comment

Working...
                X