Lunars and Dragon-Blooded books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunars and Dragon-Blooded books

I'm seriously thinking in ordering Fangs at the Gates and What Fire Has Wrought via DriveThruRPG in Deluxe Hardcover... but I've never ordered any physical merch from them.

What do you think of the overall quality of the prints?

Thanks for the info!

I don't have those books in physical print, so I can't help too much there.

The deluxe corebook from the kickstarter is very, very nice. The POD corebook is standard WW -- the spine on the cover ripped after about a month (book is too big for the binding).

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Go my limted ed DB book via the kickstarter. It is a nice shelf piece but I dont use it for much else.

The Quality seems fine If you are careful with them. Got my limted ed Core book via kickstarter also, but I always feel nervous lending it out.
      Last edited by light-hero; 03-14-2021, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah I backed Exalted 3rd Edition but I did skip on the both Kickstarters for Dragon-Blooded and Lunars. Now I'm wondering if it's worth it to POD. I'm worried about the overall quality.

All my game prep is done via PDF and I got all those via DriveThru

I just find it weird that I have all the 1st and 2nd Editions books for Exalted and I only have the one 3rd Edition. It feels lonely on my shelf.

Comment

The quality of the PoD copies, particularly the premium color, is very good. Since these books are much smaller than the 3rd edition core the spines are in much less danger of snapping. I think they look great. In the words of a wise old man, "Both are hard working and will serve you well."

Comment

The Exalted 3e Corebook is a substandard menace. Its always in danger of cracking and separating along the spine. Mine did. So did a friend's copy. The Dragon-Blooded and Lunar books, being smaller are sturdy enough though I'd still recommend care.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Cthulhu View Post
              The Exalted 3e Corebook is a substandard menace. Its always in danger of cracking and separating along the spine. Mine did. So did a friend's copy. The Dragon-Blooded and Lunar books, being smaller are sturdy enough though I'd still recommend care.
              It's sad to hear. They said that they were all strong enough.

Comment

I ordered the 3E corebook PoD the day it became available for backers. I use it regularly for games and for research / reading. The spine is still intact and nothing is falling out. To be fair, I treat books gently and never throw them wide open, so that saves allot of wear and tear.

Comment

I've got all the currently available Exalted books in premium paper, as well as the three available deluxe.

The Deluxes are things of beauty that live on my shelf to be admired.

The premium prints, on the other hand, are my work horses. In my experience they're worth the extra money. Sturdier than standard and still somehow thinner.

Here's a photo for comparison. Standard left, premium right.
                  Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 03-17-2021, 11:21 AM.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                    I've got all the currently available Exalted books in premium paper, as well as the three available deluxe.

The Deluxes are things of beauty that live on my shelf to be admired.

The premium prints, on the other hand, are my work horses. In my experience they're worth the extra money. Sturdier than standard and still somehow thinner.

Here's a photo for comparison. Standard left, premium right.

So you like the overall construction of both premium and non-premium? cool I will consider ordering them soon
                    Last edited by Pram; 03-20-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I got the premium color books and they are great.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Working...
                      X