This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apromor View Post
    I read yesterday in the kickstarter update that Exalted Essence is getting ready for Kickstarter. Is Exigents going to get a Kickstarter?
    It seems likely, but ultimately that's up to Onyx Path.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

For private use me and my players made an exalted module for Fantasy Grounds, one of the virtual table tops out there. This module contains Charm text and the rule sections from the core/lunar book for easy reference and drag and drop character building.

I believe you and Onyx Path wouln't be fine with me sharing this module here and on the FG forum?

Also, is there any official stance on what happens when you try to summon a 2nd circle demon that is already bound and active in creation?
      Last edited by Ryoki; 04-25-2021, 01:30 PM.

My (mostly) German Exalted blog: Praise the Spiral!

Comment

If you use Invisible Statue Spirit while standing on an ox, but the ox is moving, would it break your invisibility?

The situation we were in was that the player wanted to stand on a draft-ox via Graceful Crane Stance while it was entering city walls of the city the Night was infiltrating, so that the city guards don't see her. (Not, like, drive a horse around by actually using spoors and such)

Would that work?

Comment

In 2E, it was at least implied that there was no representative god of Sorcery. Is that still the assumed case in 3E? If so, would it still be possible for a god to be assigned to a visible or influential enough sorcerous working? For example, if a sorcerer created a new, viable species of, let's say, winged rabbits, could they be assigned a god in the Bureau of Nature. or at least fall under an existing god's purview? Or would they just be a weird outlier phenomenon that no one controls?

Comment

What happens if a Lunar shapeshifts into someone who had a metal hip?

Comment

While it’s obvious why one might want to fix interest rates, is there any economic logic behind pegging them to the salt rate or is that just one of those “The Empress had her reasons” things?

Comment

For Role/Aspect Bonuses, does not being in a scene at all count as “ceding the spotlight?”

If a mortal takes enough bashing damage at once to upgrade (Stamina) or more points of damage from bashing to lethal, does that count as being dealt (Stamina) or more lethal damage and cause them to start bleeding out?

Comment

If an essence 1 Solar with War supernal uses the charm General of the All-Seeing Sun, how many stratagems can they deploy?

Comment

Players (including the Storyteller) must openly declare
                    which Charms their characters are using, and all Charms
                    (unless their text indicates otherwise) must be declared,
                    and their costs spent, before any dice are rolled. Attackers
                    declare their Charms before defenders.
                    Reflexive—A reflexive Charm creates a reflexive action or
                    enhances a non-dice action, such as applying Defense
                    against an attack, or holding one’s breath. In some cases,
                    such as reflexive Charms to anticipate surprise attacks or
                    to passively notice hidden details, the character may not
                    even realize she is using the Charm until she already has!
                    Characters may use any of their reflexive Charms at any
                    time, so long as it makes sense for them to do so,
                    but they
                    can’t “stack” enhancing reflexive Charms in the same way
                    they can’t stack supplemental Charms.
                    Does a Type: Reflexive in a Charm's type-line suggest that it need not be openly declared (and costs spent) before the roll?

Comment

Are there any three-dot familiars suitable for Lunar shapeshifting that *don't* have Legendary Size? My Casteless is big on shapeshifting but doesn't meet the Strength prerequisite for Towering Beast Form.

Comment

Where do I go for either an official errata document or a summary of the past 2000 posts?

Current project: Monster Ambulance, wherein you save monsters. In your ambulance.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin_Fredericks View Post
                          Where do I go for either an official errata document or a summary of the past 2000 posts?
                          There is no official errata. Everything here is just advice and clarification.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Originally posted by Altasaire View Post
                            Does a Type: Reflexive in a Charm's type-line suggest that it need not be openly declared (and costs spent) before the roll?
                            Each individual Reflexive Charm is supposed to be clear on when it can be used. If a given Charm's timing specifies that you can activate it after a roll, then you don't need to declare it before the roll. If you can't activate it after a roll, then you do indeed need to openly declare its use before rolling.

(If you're the Storyteller, you may want to nonetheless warn the player that, for instance, the opponent has a Charm that can splatter them if applied reflexively after a successful attack roll; it's not in the rules, but getting blindsided like that can make players sad.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Originally posted by Zergon View Post
                              If an essence 1 Solar with War supernal uses the charm General of the All-Seeing Sun, how many stratagems can they deploy?
                              Just one, as per the rules for Supernal Abilities on p. 122 of the core book.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Background: I'm trying to build a hedgewitch, focused on the subtler wonders of mysticism and the occult, which I perceived was more thaumaturgy's niche than sorcery. Unfortunately, the list of thaumaturgy rituals is very small. Small enough that, in attempt to add some more with homebrew, I'm having trouble discerning what kinds of effects would fall under thaumaturgy, sorcery, charms, or straightforward use of the occult ability.

Would classic misfortune hexes like the Evil Eye curse be modeled adequately through a thaumaturgy ritual or would some other system like sorcerous workings be more appropriate? Would talisman creation or the recipes for various potions and drugs make sense as thaumaturgical rituals? What "in-practice" effects are exclusive to thaumaturgy as opposed to something that could be achieved by a skilled but "ungifted" occultist?

Comment

Working...
                                X