This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    Is it fair to assume there are significant plans for future charm sets that aren’t necessarily realized yet in Essence? I’m just wondering about things that have been mentioned before like Infernals getting soul-worlds or Alchemicals going Colossus in their 5 or below Essence ranges.
    Vance puts a lot of time and brainpower into outlining future Charm sets well in advance, though I don't know just how specific that gets.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Vance puts a lot of time and brainpower into outlining future Charm sets well in advance, though I don't know just how specific that gets.
      Cool. I was just asking because they were elements that had been mentioned, but weren’t in Essence, so I was just wondering if the direction had changed or if it’s a matter of the concepts still being intended, but not currently Essence-ready.
      Last edited by glamourweaver; 06-16-2021, 08:58 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

When updating the setting to 3e, we don't change things at random or "just because." We generally make changes because we have a new idea that we think suits the tone of the game, the needs of actual play, and so forth in a way that's better than what came before.

We don't see having just three Lunar Castes as a mistake that needs fixing. And we felt that "the Lunars deliberately changed their Castes to meet the new circumstances of the Second Age" was a good way to update the previous editions' approach to their changing Castes in a way that fit their intended tone and made them seem cool.

Hmm. I see. I can accept the not wanting to change the way things have always been willy-nilly. Although I'd argue Lunar lore was always a little off before this edition. Any chance on seeing you guys thoughts on what the old Caste's powers would be given the radically different approach to caste powers in 3E (ie 3 caste powers instead of one?). I'd be interested in your take on them.
        Last edited by Kashi; 06-16-2021, 09:54 PM.

My Map of Third Edition Creation in a First Edition Style (2021 Update!)

My DeviantArt, where I post some Exalted stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kashi View Post
          Hmm. I see. I can accept the not wanting to change the way things have always been willy-nilly. Although I'd argue Lunar lore was always a little off before this edition. Any chance on seeing you guys thoughts on what the old Caste's powers would be given the radically different approach to caste powers in 3E (ie 3 caste powers instead of one?). I'd be interested in your take on them.
          We're not planning on addressing the specifics of the broken Castes in canon. They're gone and they're not coming back. If you foresee an actual use for them in your home chronicle, your interests will be sufficiently specific that you're best off designing them around the needs of your chronicle and your players.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Setting question for you all. My read of the current iteration of Exalted has been that Exalts are very difficult to identify when not flaring. Exalt charms that sense magic exclude exalted charms and abilities, Measure the Wind can be negated with a Larceny Excellency or a Lunar's native shapeshifting, and even the physical manifestations of DB's are presented in a way that easily falls inside "normal" for the range of Creation's peoples.

However, Essence seems to have a very different implication. Manifesting caste marks and anima levels with any essence use at all, and a (fairly readily accessible) universal charm that explicitly adds in the ability to detect any essence use by even those Exalts with the ability to hide their anima.

So which if these interpretations is the setting-default assumption? Or is the truth in the fiction supposed to be somewhere in-between and the mechanics of both systems are a bit skewed?

Comment

For role bonuses:

Originally posted by EX3
              Twilight Castes: Learning lost lore of the First Age or similarly valuable knowledge, learning something that helps advance or protect a Major or Defining Intimacy...
              As a Storyteller, would you count introduced facts as having “learned” something for the purpose of earning Solar XP even though in-character it’s something the Twilight already knew?

Comment

Hi, I've got a few setting questions on the celestial side:

1.) 3e says the Unconquered Sun is ready to turn back to Creation. What are some of the likely implications of this for Creation and Yu-Shan?

2.) TUC seems more hands-off of his Chosen than the other Incarna, only giving a single message to his Zenith's during their Second Breath. If there a reason behind this beyond his apathy towards the Solars?

3.) Exaltations seem more on the "meta" side of metaphysical this edition, so is Lytek still around?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ThriceSettingSun View Post
                  3.) Exaltations seem more on the "meta" side of metaphysical this edition, so is Lytek still around?
                  Lytek, one of Vance's favorite gods, is still around. His 1st Edition write up is still (mostly) accurate:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...11#post1190711

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-devs/page614

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...72#post1145272

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...02#post1096402

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

How long does a peach of immortality keep for after it’s picked?

Comment

Is Y'Danna's Ageless Emperor actually ageless, or is that just a title?

Comment

Well, since Exigents won't be coming out anytime soon, is there anything else that could be "leaked" to keep us satisfied? A Charm, a sorcerous initiation, a nation-state, anything?

Comment

Is there any info for the Storm Demon Yan (Corens ancestor) planned for a future book? Such as across the eight directions for instance.

Comment

If it would exist, could the White Veil style charm Birsong Over Blades be used with gambits like grapple?

Comment

This came up in a game I'm in. Can a Lunar use Mountainous Spirit Expression with Deadly Beastman Transformation. To me it seems that those charms are for animal forms; but it would be great to get a solid answer.

Comment

Is there a color of jade used as the standard for currency?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

Working...
                                X