Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Volivat follow any general naming schemes? Do they just go with classic title based ones or is it more unique?

Comment

Are charms that have a reset condition able to be reset by themselves? For example the DB medicine signature can save a character from dying. If it does then does it reset?

Comment

Is there any trade with, as opposed to only raiding from, the Scorpion Empire? If so, who does the trading, and where do you go to do it?

Comment

Can you speak to the purpose of Sense-Riding Discipline vs the basic Familiar Merit? It seems a little redundant, when coupled with the Unbreakable Loyalty. Further, it feels kind of... off for at least some characters who have a strong trusting bond to deliberately force their mental control on their familiar. (Solar excess themes aside, I guess.)

Additionally, is there a reason the Solar familiar-focused Charms all make them bigger and more exotic? It would be useful to have some options for concealment/stealth and maybe for other themes/approaches beyond just Sparky is now a Kaiju. It'd be nice for players who want to lay low or to charm folks (or whatever) to have some options to help support that. I'm open to homebrew (I have 60+ pages of it) but I'd like some insight into why we don't see anything like this in canon.

Thanks for your time!

Comment

Has there been any word if Abyssal's still plan on having a sorta end set of power that will be resonant with the Deathlord they have sworn to serve?

Comment

Concerning the Jubilant Battle Proposition charm from the Lunar book; does it count as a Dance-based performance roll for the sake of activating Swaying Grass Dance Form?

Comment

Are we likely to ever see the Five Shade Association and their Fivefold Shadow Hand style in 3e?

I mean, I'm assuming a 3e version of the style would be very different mechanically than the weirdness we saw in 2e. But I feel like the Kung Fu Mafia concept has a lot of potential.

Comment

Are there any universal restrictions on using Martial Arts while mounted? I am interested in using White Reaper style from horseback. The White Reaper write up does not mention such a restriction but it's not at all unlikely that I missed something in the 3E tome.

Comment

Are there any universal restrictions on using Martial Arts while mounted? I am interested in using White Reaper style from horseback. The White Reaper write up does not mention such a restriction but it's not at all unlikely that I missed something in the 3E tome.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                      Are we likely to ever see the Five Shade Association and their Fivefold Shadow Hand style in 3e?

I mean, I'm assuming a 3e version of the style would be very different mechanically than the weirdness we saw in 2e. But I feel like the Kung Fu Mafia concept has a lot of potential.
                      No plans for Fivefold Shadow Hand style at present, but the Five Shades are currently slated for a sidebar in Across the Eight Directions.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

So I've got a question about Nothing But Shadows, the Ebon Shadow charm. Its second usage is a bit unclear to me.

It says that it may be used upon being hit with a decisive attack to reflexively Go To Ground by faking death instead of trying to hide. It says "the usual penalties apply, but the martial artist applies the benefits of this Charm on all rolls she makes..."

So is this meant to say that you are still rolling Dex+Stealth against the enemy's Perception+Awareness, even though you're not stealthing at all? And you have to succeed thrice in a row for them to think you're dead (and in the interim they just kind of look at you?). This doesn't seem to make much in-world sense and I'm curious if I'm not understanding it correctly.

Comment

Are all the chapter 5 animals in Hundred Devils Night Parade Collection avaible as Spirit Shapes for Lunars?

When will you rage?

Comment

Can you cause a character to remove a minor intimacy through the instill action? Page 171 says plainly that you can, but it is not mentioned on 215. If you can, is it possible for the character to spend willpower to resist? It seems from page 219 that they can’t. So, if a man’s love for his wife is a minor intimacy (he loves her dearly, but that love doesn’t affect most things in his day to day life - page 215), can that be eroded with an instill action with no chance at willpower usage?

Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                            Owner/Admin of DeepWyld.com
                            Original Creator of the complete nWoD conversion of Fantasy Grounds 2

Comment

For Supernal abilities, is upgrading Charms limited to the likes of "With an Essence 4 repurchase, this Charm can...", or does it also include "at Essence 3, this Charm can instead..."?

Comment

Hi, I tried starting a thread but all I got back was an EMPTY RESPONSE popup which told me to edit the conversation. Is there something wrong on my end?

Comment

Working...
                                X