Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost Witch (Artifact 3 Blue Jade Dragon's Roar Cannon)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frost Witch (Artifact 3 Blue Jade Dragon's Roar Cannon)

I decided to give another artifact one last stab before going back to the grind. I decided to revisit an older artifact and give it a much-needed makeover: The Frost Witch. A heavy beam cannon that saps your foes vitality with the chill of winter, fire out freezing blasts of ice that immobilize, and even shatter your opponent into pieces. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...A9R-yrbM/edit#

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
    Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

I think effects and weapons that slowly inflict mounting penalties like these are great for antagonists, in that they can ratchet up the tension of an encounter without making a player feel like they have to wait to get to their cool effects.

I've had success using the referenced cold weapon myself as an antagonist's Evocations.

Comment

Originally posted by Flare View Post
      I think effects and weapons that slowly inflict mounting penalties like these are great for antagonists, in that they can ratchet up the tension of an encounter without making a player feel like they have to wait to get to their cool effects.

I've had success using the referenced cold weapon myself as an antagonist's Evocations.
      Absolutely. I used this with a revamped Nightmare Mask of Winters and it turned out very positive. This artifact is basically a refined version of those mechanics and then made friendly for PC use.

On another note, I've updated Winter's Solemn Grace. Instead of 5m 1WP for a scene it's now 3m 1WP, 1i per turn.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
      Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

Working...
      X