Exalted 2E - Green Sun Princes learning Primordial Charms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted 2E - Green Sun Princes learning Primordial Charms

So, I feel like this is mentioned somewhere in one of the books, but for the life of me, I cannot find it.

Does anyone have any information on the process of a Green Sun Prince learning Primordial Charms? Excluding Fiend caste power, of course.

And it would be a huge bonus if you also had a book reference.

I feel like there is at LEAST mention about the nature of Autochthon Charms, how Alchemical Charms aren't Autochthon Charms, and that GSP's are mentioned somewhere in there(based purely off memory, I also could not find this)

My greatest gratitude for any who can help.

You might be looking for the Ink Monkeys definition of the Native tag, on page 6:

Primordial Charms are natural to Primordials, Green Sun Princes and Exalted akuma.
    This seems to imply that Green Sun Princes can learn Primordial Charms as easily as their own. No special process required.

Sidereal Jumpstart (3e fanwork Charmset)
    Cascades (the above in flowchart form)

Comment

Manual of Exalted Power: The Alchemicals

Storytelling page 233

"Alchemical Akuma?" Sidebar:

The Charms of the Alchemical Exalted are not the
      Charms of Autochthon. Unless the Green Sun Princes
      gain access to Autochthon’s native Charms through
      some unlikely set of circumstances—which would
      require the Great Maker to willingly grant a single
      Green Sun Prince direct access

Scroll of Errata page 11 clarifies that Primordial Charms are native to GSPs.

As per MoEP: Infernals page 101, a Primordial needs to personally teach a Green Sun Prince one of their Charms. But once any GSP learns one Primordial's charm, the entire charmset is open to all GSPs.
      Last edited by JohnDoe244; 04-08-2021, 01:38 PM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

In other words, it sounds like GSPs gaining access to the Charms of non-Yozi Primordials...works exactly like them gaining access to Yozi Charms.

It's just that a non-Yozi Primordial probably has far fewer reasons to actually agree to that.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
            It's just that a non-Yozi Primordial probably has far fewer reasons to actually agree to that.
            IDK... why would a Yozi give a GSP access to their Charms?

What would they gain that Gaia or Autochton wouldn't?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

Going purely by 2E stuff? A Yozi giving a GSP their powers would potentially help in getting them out of Hell eventually. The primordials, on the other hand, don't really have as much to gain as they stand to lose. I'd argue that Autocthon at least would probably realize that giving his charms to one GSP means giving them to all of them (considering that he made the Exaltations), and I doubt he'd be keen on handing over his powerset when it could potentially end up in the hands of a Yozi-loyal Infernal.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

I mean, in strictly mechanical terms they gain the same things (the prospect of having a bunch of Exalted innovating new capabilities for them), but the real difference is that, as far as the Yozis are concerned, the GSPs work for them.

Now, you know and I know that a GSP who can manage their Limit gain (one way or the other) has very little preventing them from putting in their two weeks' notice as soon as they get back to Creation. But the Yozis are pretty confident in their ability to manage these puny humans. And as long as most of the GSPs seem to be more or less doing their jobs so far, the Yozis who haven't signed on to the Reclamation yet definitely have what appears to be good evidence that handing over the keys to their Charm set is a good deal.

Comment

Iirc there's also the benefit that as long as GSP's possess the charms of a given Primordial, then they cannot truly be destroyed: you could destroy the demon city (though how and the fallout of this are the domain of the ST), but as long as at least one Infernal Exalt possesses one Malfean charm then the king of the Yozis continues to exist in potential; if a Slayer were to take up his crown with all the Yozi apotheosis charms, then he might possess new souls but he would rule again. I don't remember if this shielded them from being reduced to Neverborn, but I could see the rationale and that would make it even more appealing.

Comment

Working...
                  X