New Community Forum/Site - swordofcreation.net

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Community Forum/Site - swordofcreation.net

Apparently Ian and Lioness are ok with me promoting this on here so I wanted to give a site, SWORD OF CREATION, that a few of us have been working on a push.

I've lurked on this forum for years at this point, been playing Exalted since 1e and was a playtester on 3e. As great as I think this forum being here is, my feeling for a long time has been that most of the visible offerings for the Exalted community struggle to really let a lot of content breathe and get the attention it deserves. Boards like this and megathreads on other sites mean that once the charms, homebrew and art someone's spent time and effort on gets buried by general talk and conversation, it just gets lost. The Exalted reddit can be like a ghost town and Discord is amazing but means content and discussion ends up a little hidden from view.

I remember sites like The Freedom Stone and how having a dedicated Exalted fan site meant that content could be broken up across boards, more easily found and attention given to people's work. So that's what I've set out to make and test with my group. A new dedicated Exalted forum with an aim to focus on fanwork and content, where a new player can quickly see and find just how much homebrew and creative content is out there. And where experienced players can discuss and share stuff without worrying about it having disappeared within a week.

Right now it's just what my group have been testing out on it, but if this is the sort of thing people feel like would enhance the community I'd love if they would sign up, signal boost and share their stuff to shape it into something they want to see.

To try and drive a bit of attention at the start and encourage people to post to the boards, we're running 3 contests for people's artworks and homebrew each with $20 prizes each. It costs nothing to enter so the only barrier to entry is the time it takes to make an account and post your stuff for people to appreciate.

Look forward to seeing you over there on swordofcreation.net or if this ends up failing to continue seeing what people have to offer here

I'm here for an Exalted Compendium type project. I'll pop by and check it out.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

I have a lot of material. Would there be an issue for me rapidly uploading a lot of my material?

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
      Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

The only issue is with our imgur account having a limit of 50 uploads per hour if you choose to go that route for art. Homebrew on the other hand, feel free to post to your hearts content. You might want to pace it out just so stuff can get more attention but it's totally up to you

Comment

This is great, I just signed up!

Join the Strife

Comment

I find the website as beautiful as it is ambitious.

Will you be joining the art contest, Gonzo?

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
              I find the website as beautiful as it is ambitious.

Will you be joining the art contest, Gonzo?
              Yes! I will!

Join the Strife

Comment

It's great seeing everyone here.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

I'm just going to bump this the once to give a quick update now that we're a week in, then it can fall away to obscurity down the boards.

We've had a load of really nice interest and some great stuff uploaded, a lot of it that's been seen here before but that might have been missed or got a little lost over time. There's some really great fiction been included now for instance. We've also rearranged and consolidated the forums a touch, bringing most of the news and discussion into a single place rather than it being too spread out.

And we've also reworked our space for games and actual plays, including a sub-forum for anyone who wants to do forum games/PbP with a handful of people already looking to start a game potentially.

Finally, we've still got $20 prizes for our contests which haven't had as much attention as I'd have hoped so far, so you've nothing to lose for posting something for them.

Basically, if you glanced at things early on but there wasn't much there, maybe consider taking another glance now and see whats been shared

Comment

It's great!

Comment

It must be good for business that this forum keeps crashing.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Hopefully this forum won't be crashed during the kickstarter.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

Comment

andrix I'm not sure where on the new site I should repost my threads about how to use Aura-dependent Terrestrial Signature Charms.

Like this one on Soaring Zephyr Flight: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-zephyr-flight

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            andrix I'm not sure where on the new site I should repost my threads about how to use Aura-dependent Terrestrial Signature Charms.

Like this one on Soaring Zephyr Flight: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-zephyr-flight
                            I've messaged you on the other forum rather than answering here

Comment

Note to everyone, there's a new contest on Sword of Creation.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

Comment

Working...
                              X