X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blaque
    started a topic Exalted Essence in Onyx Podcast

Exalted Essence in Onyx Podcast

In case folks missed it, the Onyx Pathcast did a deep dive into Exalted Essence with its developers. Some of it might be retread of what we know for some folks, but htere's some pretty cool things in there including new stuff about some of the contents fo the book's setting chapter, a go-over more in-depth on all the Exalted, including some not as talked about before, and a general meta on why, what, and how it is and came about.
    http://theonyxpath.com/episode-154-e...nce-deep-dive/

• Weimann
    replied
    Oh, sweet! I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    Originally posted by Blaque View Post
    I'm also sure a few instances will look like JRPGs where you have an amnesiac or orphaned hero who becomes like, local lumberjack/handyman for village community they become attached to before having to set out into the world.
    ...Y'know, I just had this idea of a village that managed to end up with an amnesiac Alchemical and newly-created Liminal helping them out, going for a certain "near-blank slates who don't know much about their true nature or the wider world" theme before Plot happens. (Other Exalted could work, but they'd lack the blank slate aspect.)

Leave a comment:

• Blaque
    replied
    I'm also sure a few instances will look like JRPGs where you have an amnesiac or orphaned hero who becomes like, local lumberjack/handyman for village community they become attached to before having to set out into the world.

Leave a comment:

• Mizu
    replied
    Originally posted by NewK View Post
    I awaken! What glories m just exist today! What wonders created by the Titans, what...

Okay, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!

I am sure that whatever faction first discovers them will be happy to give them a helpful and completely unbiased description of where the world went wrong.

Leave a comment:

• NewK
    replied
    Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post

The short version is leftover prototypes from before the Divine Revolution, unearthed by the passage of time.
    I awaken! What glories m just exist today! What wonders created by the Titans, what...

Okay, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!

Leave a comment:

• GhanjRho
    replied
    Originally posted by NewK View Post
    I'm looking forward to the alchemicals. As I understand it, most setting background will still be in the various splatbooks for spaces sake, but given that the alchemical book is so far out, I'm hoping for at least a few pages explaining how they exist in Creation.
    Because I want my Robo-kung-fu sage, wandering the highways and byways of creation.
    The short version is leftover prototypes from before the Divine Revolution, unearthed by the passage of time.

Leave a comment:

• NewK
    replied
    I'm looking forward to the alchemicals. As I understand it, most setting background will still be in the various splatbooks for spaces sake, but given that the alchemical book is so far out, I'm hoping for at least a few pages explaining how they exist in Creation.
    Because I want my Robo-kung-fu sage, wandering the highways and byways of creation.

Leave a comment:

• Storyteller
    replied
    Great episode! Exalted Essence is already on my "must buy" list and I am prepping myself with Exalted lore to run the game. The 3E core book is quite good but it's tough to convince a group to try it out. It's intimidating. I am hoping EE is the door through which I convince my group to give this wonderful game a try.

Leave a comment:

• Aleks
    replied
    I am cautiously optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• Pram
    replied
    At last! I'm happy for this podcast!

Soon... the GIBBENNING WILL BE AT HAND!

Leave a comment:

• Neall
    replied
    Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post

Excellencies that they have, yeah, but thus far I dunno that we've seen enough to know whether Solars are back to buying excellencies or what.
    Solars still have to buy Excellencies post-chargen (or pick them up when they rise in Essence). It's also worth noting that they don't pay for the Charm invocation of an Excellency, but they still must invoke it; if they want to use another Charm on Step 1 instead, they have to choose between that and their Excellency.

But yeah - in their areas of competence Solars consistently have a dice advantage that they get totally free, all the time. And if you manage to tie with them, they win, even if you're the defender.

Abyssals and Infernals both have Advantages that give them either a once-per-scene refresh on motes or a bonus to mote regeneration when they do certain things, which roughly maths out to "what you'd get for not having to pay for those Excellencies you're throwing around". Parity between Solars and Solar-derivatives was still a big thing.

Leave a comment:

• armyofwhispers
    replied
    Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    If I understand correctly one of Solars’ Advantages is literally “Free full excellencies on everything” which is WHOAH as far as staying on top of the heap goes.
    Excellencies that they have, yeah, but thus far I dunno that we've seen enough to know whether Solars are back to buying excellencies or what.

Leave a comment:

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    If I understand correctly one of Solars’ Advantages is literally “Free full excellencies on everything” which is WHOAH as far as staying on top of the heap goes.

Leave a comment:

• SamuraiMujuru
    replied
    Listening to this episode did NOT help my overly excited impatience.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X