Essence KS 27th May '21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essence KS 27th May '21

As brought up by the Essence devs and writers on Discord.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Wonderful to know!

Comment

Looking forward to it.

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

Well, guess that is a chunk of next months entertainment budget. Good to know ahead of time.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

The logo and KS preview, courtesy of the latest KS update for Changeling: the Lost 2e:

The Realm of the Dragon-Blooded stands astride the ruins of the First Age, an empire that touches every land in Creation. For hundreds of years, its Scarlet Empress clenched an iron fist around the throat of the world. But now the Empress is gone, and the Realm spirals ever towards civil war. Enemies bare their fangs at the gates of empire, while hidden agents work in Heaven’s name to break the tides of chaos. Dark powers prepare to conquer the lands of the living, and in the spaces between walk beings both alive and not. Heroes come from thwarted destinies and lost worlds and the horrors of Hell itself, or they are Chosen by lesser gods to champion a cause. Some Exalted are found in time-lost vaults awaiting their final destiny, and some of the Exalted are reborn as heroes of legend long hunted by the Realm but now free to seize their own fate.

Exalted: Essence features streamlined rules for a new way of playing a classic game, incorporating story-focused action and a presentation designed to appeal to new players and longtime fans alike. Featuring multiple classic Exalt types with Charms for each, written to enable ease of play, Exalted: Essence emphasizes story over character, character over mechanics, and mechanics over minutiae in order to drive Exalted: Essence toward engaging players with the myriad stories they can tell in the world of Creation.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Daylight saving hours is messing me up.

It is about one hour from now, yes?

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

Got my pledge in. It's already got a few thousand.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Pledged. Already fully funded.

Although I am mildly perturbed by the 2023 publishing date. If it's playable enough for a Twitch stream already, why is it going to take 2 years to finalise?

A Not-Quite-Newb's Read-Through of Ex3 - my thoughts, notes and trials and tribulations with the Exalted 3rd edition rules.
                  Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

Comment

They always over estimate the delivery date. After the original Ex3 debacle, they've been extra careful.

Comment

I took the 60$ pledge, but I'm a bit annoyed by the 40$ shipping cost. Can't wait to have the next chapters available !

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

So I'm looking, and sorta interested.
                        Question for people who know more.
                        Would it (Exalted Essence) help me add in unpublished exalt types into a standard EX3 game (charms anima powers etc)? I noted it has a character conversation section but unsure of just how much work it entails (I'm completely rubbish at e3 charm creation as is).

Comment

Two hours in and the campaign is fully funded and has raised $102,000. Good job everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
                            So I'm looking, and sorta interested.
                            Question for people who know more.
                            Would it (Exalted Essence) help me add in unpublished exalt types into a standard EX3 game (charms anima powers etc)? I noted it has a character conversation section but unsure of just how much work it entails (I'm completely rubbish at e3 charm creation as is).

Unknown, they haven't released that part of the book to backers yet.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

I backed. I'm so easy.

No, I'm really curious about this. Ex3 didn't gel with me, for several reasons; some depending on the product, others on my life changing. I'm hoping ExE (is there an accepted acronym yet?) might be a more casual way to get back into Exalted.
                              Last edited by Weimann; 05-27-2021, 06:38 PM.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Working...
                              X