No announcement yet.

Essence KS 27th May '21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, apart from Solars who get a bunch of bonus anima Charms, you gotta spend 10m. You have 5m.

You're not hitting Iconic until round 5.

It doesn't seem super likely that most fights will get to round 5. Especially with stuff like the Dawn anima in play, just reflexively deleting enemies.

It's just that the Soulsteel power is a boss deleter. You can have some epic fight with the Mask of Winters, on the back of Juggernaut, with zombie maggots ripping their way out of the behemoth's flesh... for 5 rounds. Then killbot comes online, and it's honestly not even worth rolling at that point.

The sample Deathlord as 6 Defence. You hit even of all 10 dice fail. It has 10 health levels. You kill even if all 10 dice fail. It's literally not worth rolling. (You do need Guard Breaking Technique or two attacks from teammates to bring the Hardness down. But even a non-crafted artifact weapon is giving you 8 successes To Hit then 9 successes on Damage.)

Crafted Artifact Light Crossbow up there is still doing the following, without the Soulsteel Anima power

10 dice and 5 successes To Hit.
    Minimum Power Gain of 4 (even if you miss).
    +4 levels of Damage on Decisives.
    Last edited by JohnDoe244; 06-29-2021, 02:02 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Yeah some of the scaling definitively seems a bit awkward.

I also just noticed this : Accuracy: A weapon’s accuracy adds successes to the attack roll.

So Light Melee weapons add +2 successes on every attack roll ? And Light Range medium weapons +3 ?

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

• To be fair, +2 successes is equivalent to the +4 dice light weapons give you in Ex3.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• But presumably isn't cap breaking.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
            So, apart from Solars who get a bunch of bonus anima Charms, you gotta spend 10m. You have 5m.

You're not hitting Iconic until round 5.

It doesn't seem super likely that most fights will get to round 5. Especially with stuff like the Dawn anima in play, just reflexively deleting enemies.
            Committed charms do let you break this - committing a mote gets you 1 anima, and when you drop commitment you get the mote back. Depending on how steps interact with scene-long charms it may be feasible to get to anima 10 on turn 2 or 3 - commit 5m worth of charms round 1, immediately uncommit them, then either spend 5m on turn 2 or flicker your committed charms again turn 3.
            Sidereals can also get Anima by spending stunt dice on charms.

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
              Committed charms do let you break this - committing a mote gets you 1 anima, and when you drop commitment you get the mote back. Depending on how steps interact with scene-long charms it may be feasible to get to anima 10 on turn 2 or 3 - commit 5m worth of charms round 1, immediately uncommit them, then either spend 5m on turn 2 or flicker your committed charms again turn 3.
              Sidereals can also get Anima by spending stunt dice on charms.

I did not even consider that.

It's only 1 Charm per Step though. Which is something.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

I did not even consider that.

It's only 1 Charm per Step though. Which is something.
                The most generous arguments are a) that that only applies to charms which make sense in steps, ie ones that create or modify an action or b) there's no rule saying you can't activate charms on steps of other people's actions (in fact, you must be able to, or defensive charms wouldn't work), such you can just activate all your duration charms on other people's actions. Or c) that some charms create special reflexive actions which have their own steps, specifically only a step 1, which that charm is activated on.

Glorious Solar Arsenal, though a Solar-Only charm, at essence 2 is a reflexive action. So, arguably it happens on step 1 of the reflexive action it creates, meaning you can use it an infinite number of times.
                It also generates 2 anima per activation, and also generates power at close combat 5.
                So you could spend 5m on turn 1 building a ton of power and 10 anima, then immediately drop all activations (or all but 1 or 2 if you actually need a weapon and/or armor)

Even if the build power gets house ruled to once/scene or something, unless the charm overall does you can get anima 10 pretty easily

Comment

• Having my first real game tonight of ExEss (last week we did charge and 1 scene introduction). I'm really excited to try out the new stuff. I already love the Venture System as my players head-on decided on their first scene last time "We want to start a revolution to overthrow the government" (Exalted players are so predictable) and I could quickly devise some answers and step-by-step process to help them execute that with the Ventures, all the while having actual dramatic scenes to keep the tension.

I just noticed going through my NPC's that basic Qualities only marginally covers "Defensive powers", so I guess the whole fighting system will be rather "agressive" at least for the Antagonists. Lots of Dramatic Injuries coming through I predict

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

• I would be very interested to see how you find it.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      I would be very interested to see how you find it.
                      It went quite nicely, with some drawbacks of course, but also many good parts. I'll try to put my thoughts out there when I have some time.

Comment

• Yeah that'd be great.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• I did a new thread to avoid making this one longer than it already is

Comment

Working...
                          X