Heirs of the Shogunate backers PDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heirs of the Shogunate backers PDF

Yesterday, in the middle of all the Essence hype, the backer PDf for Heirs of the Shogunate got sent out. Apparently, there's a bunch of changes, so definitively have a look. And enjoy the artwork!

Does anyone have the typo report link handy? I didn't save it at the time, and I spotted one on page 16.

Comment

Originally posted by ElOhTeeBee View Post
      Does anyone have the typo report link handy? I didn't save it at the time, and I spotted one on page 16.
      https://forms.gle/YHRicsbZCfLF53ED6

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by wern212 View Post
        Yesterday, in the middle of all the Essence hype, the backer PDf for Heirs of the Shogunate got sent out. Apparently, there's a bunch of changes, so definitively have a look. And enjoy the artwork!
        Totally agree, artwork is so great, maybe the best until now for an EX3 book

Comment

I read through it last night and I have to say the Forest Witches are damn terrifying. I love it. I also noticed that god/ghost/fae/demon/??-blooded sneaked into the back door with the blink and you'll miss it Divine Heritage Merit on page 74. I like the implementation. Simple and straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariketh View Post
            I also noticed that god/ghost/fae/demon/??-blooded sneaked into the back door with the blink and you'll miss it Divine Heritage Merit on page 74. I like the implementation. Simple and straightforward.
            As long as Half-Caste did not sneak in with them...

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by Jutlander View Post
              As long as Half-Caste did not sneak in with them...
              It did not.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

I read through it last night and I have to say the Forest Witches are damn terrifying. I love it. I also noticed that god/ghost/fae/demon/??-blooded sneaked into the back door with the blink and you'll miss it Divine Heritage Merit on page 74. I like the implementation. Simple and straightforward.
                Yeah that’s your basic mechanic (at least for the time being) for an Exalt with a god/demon/elemental/etc parent. Non-Exalted God-Blooded need more fully fleshed out mechanics, but the Exalts are pretty easy since their heritage is a lesser bonus than their primary nature, rather than the mechanical center of their supernatural status.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

It did not.
                  Eric can you clarify - I know the TERM “Half-Caste” is gone in 3e, but I’m unclear on whether the idea of “mortals” getting lesser charms via having a powerful Exalt parent is still a thing in universe or not.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Eric can you clarify - I know the TERM “Half-Caste” is gone in 3e, but I’m unclear on whether the idea of “mortals” getting lesser charms via having a powerful Exalt parent is still a thing in universe or not.

Pretty sure that the Empire of the Bear from Fangs at the Gate has mention of lunar offspring who inherit minor powers from their lunar ancestor (like being able to shape shift into a single kind of animal)

Edit: Yeah, I reread it and Iscomay/bear land talks about the 'moon touched' lineage left behind by some lunars and how they can develop minor supernatural powers. But they seem to mostly be one trick ponies like my example of someone who can turn into exactly one type of animal and it talked up how rare it was for them to get any kind of power. They do not get lunar charm access or anything crazy like that.
                    Last edited by Mizu; 05-28-2021, 04:56 PM.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

The term for any god-bloods of Exalts, even if minor like Moon-Touched, is likely to change what ever it is owing ot the original being the kind fo terms Exalted probably doesn't want ot deal with much no more.

And stuff.
                      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

I read through it last night and I have to say the Forest Witches are damn terrifying. I love it.
                        That ... that was so not how I've pictured the Numina apotheosis. Buuuut... Yeah, now I can't unpicture it. The preternatural alien thematic fits.
                        Last edited by Greyman; 05-29-2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Love the character art. Mildly disappointed another redhead V’neef is 3e canon, but the art itself is good. Sticking with my table canon that V’neef and Oban’s father was a Prasadi emissary, and they look Desi.

Comment

So World Shaking Whipcrack has been clarified to "only resets if she makes at least one damage roll against a branded target." So if used by someone resonant without branding first you get to do up to 5 dice decisive on an unblockable attack against every enemy in medium range without resetting. Combined with the prone effect that's potentially pretty spicy if throw some damage adders on it (including the prerequisite evocation for a damage auto-success).
                            Last edited by limaxophobiac; 05-30-2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I appreciated the brief sidebar giving us three possibilities for where Yatani's Children came from.

Comment

Working...
                              X