What are the Dream-souled?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    I am hoping the Exigents companion book ends up containing some more of the name dropped Exigents like the Chosen of Masks, Dice, or Seals.
    I will admit that little would make me happier than seeing a little expansion on the Bleak Warden. Definitely the most evocative of Exigent concepts to me.

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

I’m trying to get a grasp on what Aurora and Nibiru’s divine domains would be distinct from those of Venus and Jupiter respectively

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
        Good time for info on the other Exalted, 'cause we got a loredump on the Umbral patron today in the Discord:

He was the Incarna Nebiru, the Lord of Things Unseen, god of the invisible planet that bears his name. He refused to take part in the Divine Revolution out of fear of the Primordials' wrath.

For his betrayal in the Revolution, he was imprisoned on his planet. Rather than suffer an eternity of imprisonment, he deliberately chose to die creating the Umbrals to free himself, his lingering echo in their Exaltations the seed crystal around which the Shadow forms

His planet still exists, and is still invisible.
        So a while back, I was thinking about what celestial phenomenon might suit the Umbral's mysterious patron, and came up with "the asteroid belt, I guess."

Well, it turns out that the guy who dreamed up the pseudoscientific Nibiru nonsense claimed that his imaginary, "undiscovered" planet created the asteroid belt by smashing into another planet.

So... I was half right?

Comment

I’m trying to get a grasp on what Aurora and Nibiru’s divine domains would be distinct from those of Venus and Jupiter respectively
          From what Elliot has said, I would look more into what jobs they were given by the Titans then just the concepts they would be in charge of. Venus and Jupiter are Gods of Love and Secrets respectively but in the context of the Loom of Fate and the creation of Destiny, helping administrating the duties of Creation's Gods who worked as slaves to the Makers of the Universe. Aurora if going by the songbird comparison, was likely in charge of handling the entertainment of the Primordials themselves. Them being the Lord of Delights likely in the context of managing all the things pleasurable for the mighty titans. That is how im looking at it. A very much a separation like how the Directional War Gods run their own division seperate from Mars, the Maiden of Battle. Despite them all being war gods with theoretically Mars on top but that is not the case.

Edit: like looking at the description of the Aurorals. They were therapists and spiritual healers, this is a difference to the Chosen of Serenity who take a more larger picture approach of establishing peace
          Last edited by Iceblade44; 06-14-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Their context in their Exalt helps too. Aurora, Nebiru, and thier Chosen are like, alla bout that in all its forms and the drive. Venus and Jupiter are that in context of Fate and Desitny. That impacts their Exalts too.

Kind of a weird thing to look at that 2e hinted at that 3e pushes more is that you can kinda see this in the different Alchemical Castes as prototypes of the other Exalted. In this context, you have Auroral Muses ala Adamant. Meanwhile, while Chosen of Serenity do do stuff wiht happense, joy, and love, it's notable that it's part of the kind of "broad planning/management/big picture" stuff of how it contributes to the other aspects. Similar wtih Nebiru versus Jupiter. Jupiter is about how secrets being hidden or revealed play in writing history. Nebiru is about like, secret police shit.

And stuff.
            My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Based on the Umbral Charm themes, Nebiru is also associated with shadows, darkness, and the Jungian shadow, which aren't major parts of Jupiter's associations; she's spying, stealth, wisdom and learning.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I don't really expect the writers to go here (not least because the Incarnae we're talking about are optional), but it's also worth noting that a lot of things were different before the Divine Revolution. Who's to say whether Venus was the Maiden of Serenity before Aurora died, or Nebiru was associated with secrets before being hidden away in darkness for all time?

The Yozis are not the beings that existed before the War. A new realm was created, the nature of death itself scarred. Surely the primary duties of the Incarnae are not off the table.

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

I am hoping the Exigents companion book ends up containing some more of the name dropped Exigents like the Chosen of Masks, Dice, or Seals.
                  Well, at the very least it seems that the Onyx Path brochure has the art of the Chosen of Masks, so I am going to assume that we'll get something about her in Exigents, even if not a full writeup

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                    have some kind of "manifestation/gem" mechanic, which makes me really think about Incarnum from D&D 3e (or the metacreativity discipline)
                    Anything else on this? I don't have the Discord channel.

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
                      Anything else on this? I don't have the Discord channel.
                      From what one of the writers have said, Sovereigns have like gem constructs that answers to their every command as something they can do.

Comment

I think one I'm hoping for now is a way for a Hearteater to 'purify' their exaltation, or for a genuine Auroral to be brought into the world as they were somehow. But that's probably along the lines of an Abyssal or Infernal being cleansed too.

Comment

Well, the devs has said before that they are not going to give us Auroral mechanics, so I assume that without having such there is no point in giving a way to purify the Hearteaters from their corruption. In should be noted that it was mentioned that the Hearteaters have interest with Uluiru, so maybe some of them believe that it could serve as a way to cleanse themselves in one way or another.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Yeah, figured it wouldn't be an official thing. But really, trying to could be a great campaign goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Anshu View Post
                              Did they give any suggestion as to what Neptune was the Incarna of?
                              I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess “a planet.”

Comment

Working...
                              X