Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitch an Essence game you want to play

What it says on the tin. I will go first:

In Realm Year 762, An-Teng gained independence as the diplomat Gaikōkan brokered an impossible deal on behalf of the Three Princes and the Realm granted the satrapy its independence.

Except that did not happen. It could not have happened.

In Realm Year 761, An-Teng gained independence after a swift war that started when the elephant-riding ghost-general Ippantekina and her armies charged from the High Lands, destroying the Realm legion stationed in the satrapy.

In Realm Year 759, An-Teng gained independence after Calibration ended and every single Realm official in the Shore Lands was found to have been murdered in a horrific campaign orchestrated by Asashin and his Shadow Puppetteers.

In Realm Year 754, An-Teng gained independence after a decade of guerrilla warfare. The conflict began in the Middle Lands and the Tengese would not have succeeded without their monkey-masked guardian Gerira.

In Realm Year 768, An-Teng is not yet independent and Gerira (Spring), Asashin (Summer), Ippantekina (Autumn), and Gaikōkan (Winter) meet each other for the first time. Clearly, someone in Heaven does not want An-Teng to be independent. The four Getimians are about to see to it that this is rectified.

This will happen. It must happen.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

It exists, I get to play in it, and it lasts.

Comment

How would the concept for an Essence game differ from the concept of a normal 3e game (except of course that we have all 10 Exalted types already)?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        How would the concept for an Essence game differ from the concept of a normal 3e game (except of course that we have all 10 Exalted types already)?
        Probably not a whole lot.

But I am enthusiastic about an upcoming Exalted product, which I haven't been for years, and I wanted to contribute to drumming up that excitement for others.

One way it will differ, for me, is that I will probably be more open to playing mixed groups than I would usually be.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Friend and I were talking last night, it'd be fun to do a villain game of at least a Lunar, Infernal, and an Abyssal who work together to tear down the Empire with the understanding that you get a Castle Crashers/Double Dragon throw down at the end once they've succeeded over their wildly different goals afterwards.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            Well the original pitch is for Gets who won't get 3E rules for literally years.

Having all Exalt types is a pretty big deal.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Oh, there's a lot of them.

One thing I've been wanting to do is a game where the PCs are agents of the All-Seeing Eye, getting sent out on elite spy missions. Being top police investigators would also work, but I don't know if the idea of the police as an independent institution is a thing in Creation yet. The PCs would primarily be Terrestrials, but I could see Liminals or the undercover Sidereal in there as well.

I'd also like to do something very similar except it's Sidereals doing their agents of heaven thing.

A kingmaker game would be great. A group trying to create their own nation, with all the issues that comes with.

Something focusing hard on high society on the Blessed Isle would be great. Like, a look at the empire from the inside. Politics and social play, and perhaps even some Terrestrials actually living up to their obligations.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

One fun thing that you could do is generate some shit using the oracles of In a Wicked Age, having the players make their characters in accordance with that game (i.e. mentioned or implied by the chosen oracle), and use the resultant mess as the scenario for a oneshot, or even the first session of a longer game.

Comment

My pitch is very simple - a group of mismatched Exalts must build a kingdom together. Or go sailing, one of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by The MG View Post
                    One fun thing that you could do is generate some shit using the oracles of In a Wicked Age, having the players make their characters in accordance with that game (i.e. mentioned or implied by the chosen oracle), and use the resultant mess as the scenario for a oneshot, or even the first session of a longer game.
                    Hmmm...
                    the Unquiet Past
                    2D: The passage of a ghostly army, dragging their slain and injured.
                    KC: A treasure seeker, following the whispers of a slave spirit.
                    QH: A reader of omens and caster of auguries, with grim news.
                    3D: The captain of a foreign troop, sent to collect tribute.
                    Not gonna lie, this is probably better and more Exalted than anything I could come up with myself.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Maybe do one I've been thinking for a while: 5 characters, one for each or the original 5 Exalted types. Except they're the same character. 5 versions of the same person, with the same history up to the point(s) of Exaltation, existing silultaneously. But her Exaltations happened at different times under different circumstances, but all happened. How this can be is a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by Weimann View Post
                        One thing I've been wanting to do is a game where the PCs are agents of the All-Seeing Eye, getting sent out on elite spy missions. Being top police investigators would also work, but I don't know if the idea of the police as an independent institution is a thing in Creation yet. The PCs would primarily be Terrestrials, but I could see Liminals or the undercover Sidereal in there as well.
                        Yes, I agree. The All-Seeing Eye needs to get more play. I did an All-Seeing Eye game in which the PCs had to assassinate Scarlet Whisper in Paragon, which was a good idea on paper, but I ended up making her way too sympathetic a character. Also, Paragon, while certainly a cool concept, is difficult to run games in, I feel because of the magical enforcement of the oath.
                        Originally posted by Weimann View Post
                        Something focusing hard on high society on the Blessed Isle would be great. Like, a look at the empire from the inside. Politics and social play, and perhaps even some Terrestrials actually living up to their obligations.
                        This is one of the things I have been wanting to do forever, and I did run a Dragon-Blooded high society game once, but it was set in Thorns prior to the city falling instead of on the Blessed Isle. The Blessed Isle has always seemed a little bit overwhelming due to the sheer numbers of Dragon-Blooded present, but it helps a lot that The Realm has made the whole place a lot more interesting and has opened up for interesting games outside the Imperial City, though. Pangu is probably my favorite "new" location in this edition.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by habitableexoplanet View Post
                          My pitch is very simple - a group of mismatched Exalts must build a kingdom together. Or go sailing, one of the two.
                          Oh, I totally forgot about that! Yeah, I'd love a nautical campaign!

Originally posted by Jutlander View Post
                          Yes, I agree. The All-Seeing Eye needs to get more play. I did an All-Seeing Eye game in which the PCs had to assassinate Scarlet Whisper in Paragon, which was a good idea on paper, but I ended up making her way too sympathetic a character. Also, Paragon, while certainly a cool concept, is difficult to run games in, I feel because of the magical enforcement of the oath.

This is one of the things I have been wanting to do forever, and I did run a Dragon-Blooded high society game once, but it was set in Thorns prior to the city falling instead of on the Blessed Isle. The Blessed Isle has always seemed a little bit overwhelming due to the sheer numbers of Dragon-Blooded present, but it helps a lot that The Realm has made the whole place a lot more interesting and has opened up for interesting games outside the Imperial City, though. Pangu is probably my favorite "new" location in this edition.
                          Yeah, the Blessed Isle game is hard to run. I'd probably want to be a player in that one, rather than be in charge of it. The other one, though, I'd gladly ST.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Ris is a child of war. His parents only met when streams of refugees from the Locusts joined up in the wilderness of the East, and they were both killed by the mechanical champions of the invaders. His entire life has been a constant struggle to defeat an army with an overwhelming technological advantage, that sees his entire world as merely raw materials. But eventually Ris did defeat them by allying with Exalted of every type, sending the invaders fleeing back to their realm of brass and shadow. Immediately after his victory he found himself in a Creation that had never even heard of Autochthonia. Not the past, just a version of the present where the invasion never happened. His only thought is how vulnerable this new world is, and how he must prepare it for the inevitable war. The new versions of his old allies are mostly useless, either impossible to convince or not Exalted, if they were born at all. He's now recruiting new Exalted to his cause, forming a resistance group for when the Seal of Eight Divinities is breached.
                            "Come with me if you want to live."

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth3 View Post
                              Ris is a child of war. His parents only met when streams of refugees from the Locusts joined up in the wilderness of the East, and they were both killed by the mechanical champions of the invaders. His entire life has been a constant struggle to defeat an army with an overwhelming technological advantage, that sees his entire world as merely raw materials. But eventually Ris did defeat them by allying with Exalted of every type, sending the invaders fleeing back to their realm of brass and shadow. Immediately after his victory he found himself in a Creation that had never even heard of Autochthonia. Not the past, just a version of the present where the invasion never happened. His only thought is how vulnerable this new world is, and how he must prepare it for the inevitable war. The new versions of his old allies are mostly useless, either impossible to convince or not Exalted, if they were born at all. He's now recruiting new Exalted to his cause, forming a resistance group for when the Seal of Eight Divinities is breached.
                              "Come with me if you want to live."
                              I get that this is Kyle Reese and all that, but, man, did it also give me goose bumps. This is genuinely cool.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Working...
                              X