Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exalted Essence: Elder Advantages (Homebrew)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted Essence: Elder Advantages (Homebrew)

Is this too early to be posting? Probably. Will it need revising once all of the rules are in our hands? Most definitely. Will this stop my overactive brain? Sadly no.

Elder Advantages are an optional tool for ST's to use for Exalts which are Essence 6 or higher. They serve as upgrades for the Exalt's natural advantages, as their overwhelming puissance outstrips even their younger contemporaries. An Exalt's magical material resonance is not affected, nor are any "hidden" advantages boosted (such as moonsilver tattoos, Sidereals learning Martial Arts charms as native charms, etc.) Only the first two advantages evolve in this manner.
    • Dragon-Blooded
      • Prince of the Earth: The Dragon-Blooded gains access to a second Merit, with a dot rating equal to the Dragon-Blooded’s Essence divided by 2, rounded down. This Merit is considered to be permanent, and the Dragon-Blood can maintain control of it between sessions. Once per session, the Dragon-Blood can swap this Merit out for another one of equal dot value.
      • Ten Thousand Dragons Fight As One: In addition to the die bonus, the Dragon-Blood gains a +1 success bonus on teamwork rolls.
    • Lunar
      • Ten Thousand Forms: The Lunar now has access to all three Sacred Hunt modes. In addition, any penalties a Lunar takes from assuming an animal form are halved, rounded down.
      • Passionate Ideals: Once per session, the Lunar can treat an already existing Minor Intimacy or Virtue as a Major Intimacy or Virtue. In addition, the +1 dice bonus from Major Intimacies and Virtues is converted to a +1 success bonus.
    • Sidereal
      • Arcane Fate: Heavenly Officials outside of the Bureau of Destiny (which includes all Sidereals) are no longer immune to the effects of Arcane Fate. In addition, any evidence left behind by the Sidereal is also considered to have Arcane Fate as an Essence 1 Sidereal.
      • Weaving Destiny: The Sidereal can now bestow destinies on visible characters within Medium Range.
    • Solar
      • First Among Equals: Solars treat any contest which they lost by 1 success or less as being a tie.
      • Supremacy of Ability: ???
    • Abyssal
      • Death’s Champions: The +1 success bonus now applies to any action which does not produce life (such as gardening.) In addition, Abyssals no longer need to eat, drink, breathe or sleep at all.
      • Cruel Banquet: When in combat, the Abyssal gains twice as many motes per turn in locations filled with death, and regains one mote in between social influence scenes and ventures.
    • Alchemical
      • Living Artifact: The Alchemical no longer needs to eat, drink, breathe or sleep. In addition, the number of Evocation slots increases to 3.
      • Community Spirit: ???
    • Getimian
      • Getimian Alchemy: Whenever a Getimian regains motes in a pool, they regain an equal amount of motes in the other pool.
      • Infected Fate: The destiny no longer has a duration, lasting for as long as the Getimian chooses (or when a new destiny is applied).
    • Infernal
      • Corona of Fury: This Advantage activates when the Infernal is at an Injured health level, or when their Anima Banner is Active.
      • Unwoven Coadjutor: The Coadjutor serves as a sounding board for an Infernal’s plans, providing insights that would have taken them far too much time to formulate on their own. The Infernal can cut corners on up to (Essence/2, rounded down) obstacles in a venture without gaining consequences for doing so. They still gain a consequence for failing a roll.
    • Liminal
      • Undying: The Liminal no longer needs spare body parts in order to heal twice as fast or restore dramatic injuries, as their body leaks ectoplasm which forms into new stronger parts. When a Liminal does have access to such, they can once per Session gain a +1 success bonus on all rolls involving an attribute of the Liminal’s choice, for the duration of the session.
      • Child of Death: All effects which apply to ghosts now also apply to any other spirit, allowing the Liminal to detect, touch and speak with them.
    • Exigent
      • ???
      • ???

Those are pretty great!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Those are pretty great!
      Thanks for the encouragement. I'll have to decide what Supremacy of Ability does once we have the charm rules in our hands, and the Exigent/Alchemical Advantages are basically whatever you want them to be, but the rest were the result of me deep-diving to figure out what would make each Exalt type special without leaving any in the dust. Granted, the proliferation of mote regen sort of encroaches on that, but I did what I could to make it work.

Comment

I like the idea of Elder Advantages, but I think they should be unique advantages to represent the uniqueness and coolness of being Essence 5+, not a direct power increase of base Advantages.

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Originally posted by Critian Caceorte View Post
          Thanks for the encouragement. I'll have to decide what Supremacy of Ability does once we have the charm rules in our hands, and the Exigent/Alchemical Advantages are basically whatever you want them to be, but the rest were the result of me deep-diving to figure out what would make each Exalt type special without leaving any in the dust. Granted, the proliferation of mote regen sort of encroaches on that, but I did what I could to make it work.
          The obvious (albeit lazy) options for Supremacy would be doubling number of dice added up to cap, or switching to auto successes.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

I'd worry that the elder-version of Arcane Fate you have makes it nearly impossible for an Elder to run an organization of Sidereals.
            Which is one of the things I'd think elder Sidereals should be doing most often. Alongside mysterious pronouncements and epic martial arts duels.

Comment

Originally posted by autXautY View Post
              I'd worry that the elder-version of Arcane Fate you have makes it nearly impossible for an Elder to run an organization of Sidereals.
              Which is one of the things I'd think elder Sidereals should be doing most often. Alongside mysterious pronouncements and epic martial arts duels.
              Well, the Elder Arcane Fate still doesn't affect Sidereals or any member of the Bureau of Destiny, which is actually how it worked in 2e. The change to give other Heavenly Offices immunity is a fairly recent one, so presumably Sidereals can still do stuff even when interacting with other Offices is a bit of a mess.

Comment

I assumed going Essence 6 (which would be a voluntary step) would be the point where an Alchemical player has opted to hand over their character sheet to be a city.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                  I assumed going Essence 6 (which would be a voluntary step) would be the point where an Alchemical player has opted to hand over their character sheet to be a city.
                  Bystander: "So, what's your Community, Dr. Alchemical?
                  Essence 6 Alchemical, with hundreds of people living on top of it: "I AM MY COMMUNITY."

Comment

Working...
                  X