Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What MtG colors would the various Exalts align with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What MtG colors would the various Exalts align with?

• White: Peace, law, structured, selflessness, equality
    • Blue: Knowledge, deceit, cautious, deliberate, perfecting
    • Black: Power, self-interest, death, sacrifice, uninhibited
    • Red: Freedom, emotion, active, impulsive, destructive
    • Green: Nature, wildlife, connected, spiritual, tradition

Black would be Abyssals and Blue would be Sidereals. Lunars would probably slot into Green while Infernals would hit Red. White could maybe be Liminals depending on how you view them as guardians of the boundaries between the living and the dead.

Comment

Solars: White
      Dragon-Blooded: White/Green
      Sidereals: Blue
      Lunars: Green/Red
      Abyssals: Black
      Infernals: Red/Black
      Liminals: White/Black
      Alchemicals: Colorless Artifact (j/k White)

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

I mostly agree with JohnDoe244,except for sidereals,which could be white/blue,as servants of the Celestial Bureaucracy, and Dragon-Blooded should be blue/red/green,representing all five elements.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
          Solars: White
          Sidereals: Blue
          Lunars: Green/Red
          Abyssals: Black
          Infernals: Red/Black
          Liminals: White/Black
          Alchemicals: Colorless Artifact (j/k White)
          I think Solars should be White/Blue for knowledge and perfecting, after all they were one of the greatest sorcerers and artificiers of the creation

Comment

Originally posted by Ncolic View Post

I think Solars should be White/Blue for knowledge and perfecting, after all they were one of the greatest sorcerers and artificiers of the creation
            That would make Solars Azorius-ish, which... yeah, I ain't seeing.

I don't think any of the Exalt types line up perfectly well with just one MtG color, personally. Dragon-blooded are reasonably red-blue-green overall, being the elemental colors + the wood/nature one. Most people can exhibit traits of all five colors; a White or Blue character can have emotions just fine despite that being a Red thing; it's just the White or Blue traits dominate their actions and personality.

Comment

Going from Exalts Beyond Creation, because I think they're more easily linked:

Abyssals: Black/White, as the Knights of Death; hell, 3E explicitly calls accepting the Last Breath as swearing a chivalric oath.
              Alchemical: Blue/White/Green, as community-builders.
              Getimians: Blue/Black/White, since they want to usurp Fate with their own image of the world. Infected Fate is also a very White ability.
              Infernals: The 2E ones are Red/Black, but 3E actually made them Red/Whte/Black, the ANGRY! combo.
              Liminals: Green/Black, since their purpose is to restore death to how it should be working, and their theme of recycling is a very Golgari thematic.

Comment

There's a lot of variance within Exalt types, and MtG colors are about both what you do and how you do it. My inclination would be that, while certain Exalt types draw *primarily* from one color, certain castes, individuals, and Charms blur the lines.

Solars are at their core pretty White, but their Stealth and Occult trees lean Blue. Thunderbolt Attack Prana feels Red or Red/White. Abyssals resonate with Black but their residual Solaroid excellence also gives them a white tinge, and so on.

Dragonblooded get their teamwork from White, and their elemental associations from Blue/Red/Green. Fire Dragon Style fits well in straight red but Earth Dragon Style is at least a little White.

Lunars dance around Blue-Green-White: Full Moons tend to go White/Green, Full Moons Green/Blue, and Changing moons Blue/White. Any of them can dip into Red (what we used to call "barbarian" themes) or Black (with Necromancy and similar).

Alchemicals vary a *lot* by Caste, as do 2e Infernals. Orichalcum Caste are generally White/Artifact, Starmetal are Blue/White/Artifact, Moonsilver go Blue/Red/Artifact, Jade are Red/White/Artifact, Soulsteel are Black/White/Artifact, and adamant are Artifact++.

Malfeas: Black/Red
                Cecelyne: White/Blue
                She Who: Blue
                Adjoran: Red
                Ebon Dragon: Black/Blue
                Isidoros: Red/Green
                Kimbery: Green/Black
                Oramus: Colorless
                Last edited by Blackwell; 06-13-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
                  T

Solars are at their core pretty White
                  That doesn't sound right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it...

(This is a reference, I'm just deprecating my own ignorance of Magic: the Gathering to otherwise offer perspective in this topic )

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
                    There's a lot of variance within Exalt types, and MtG colors are about both what you do and how you do it. My inclination would be that, while certain Exalt types draw *primarily* from one color, certain castes, individuals, and Charms blur the lines.
                    Yeah, I think that each Exalt type could be considered to have 1 predominant color and 2 supporting colors, except for the Dragonblooded who I feel can embody all five (they're Anima Banners are literally the five colors of magic, and whose to say that Black can't be used for water, when the primary land for that are swamps?)

Solars: Primary White, Secondary Blue and Red (White for virtue and destroying creatures of darkness, Blue for skill and knowledge, Red for freedom as well as the Great Curse in a way.)
                    Abyssals: Primary Black, Secondary Blue and White (Black for undeath and amorality, Blue for skill and knowledge, White for chivalry and their origin as Solars.)
                    Infernals: Primary Red, Secondary White and Green (Red for destruction and emotion, White for the rule of the Infernal's personal law and their origin as Solars, and Green because of their nature as Green Sun Princes) You can also substitute Green for Black.
                    Lunars: Primary Green, Secondary White and Red (Green for nature and spirituality, White for order and purging of the outsider, Red for rage and combat.)
                    Sidereals: Primary Blue, Secondary White and Black (Blue for teaching and planning, White for fate and serenity, Black for death and sacrificing for the good of Creation.)

That's what I have thus far. Alchemicals I feel can be colored artifacts, but how to color them I'm not sure. Adamant Castes are definitely colorless, however. Not sure about the other Exalt types.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                      Doesn't seem correct, at least for current Dragon-Blooded. Militarism is more central to them than it is for any other color; additionally, elementals are core to their thematics (and while Green has a few elemental themes, Red is really where that goes.) I'd say the DBs are Red / White - they're a lot more Boros than they are Selesnya.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquillion View Post
                        Militarism is more central to them than it is for any other color.
                        Is it?

In 3E?

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

That doesn't sound right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it...

(This is a reference, I'm just deprecating my own ignorance of Magic: the Gathering to otherwise offer perspective in this topic )
                        I played MtG religiously from 4th to 7th edition. I am, what, two decades out of date? (You can directly blame Exalted for me losing interest in Magic.) I wouldn't claim to be an expert in Magic. (I can tell you how Interrupts, Banding, Phasing, and Mana Burn work.)

But...

White =/= Good

White is a lot closer to the D&D idea of Lawful, which I think fits the Lawgivers.

That said, most of the MtG protagonists are White (*hewh*). White are the "Good Guys". But I'd put White's themes as "Order, Healing, Cooperation" before "selflessness, equality".
                        Last edited by JohnDoe244; 06-14-2021, 11:44 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Working...
                        X