3e Eternal Exalted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3e Eternal Exalted?

I always found it strange to release an Exalted fansplat for 2e, after the release of 3e. I can't be the only fan of the Eternals, though? I feel like they would still have a place, even with all the new Exalts coming out. Is anyone working on a 3e conversion?

What is a Eternal Exalted? O.o

Comment

This:
      https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...Power-Eternals

Comment

Or to be more helpful: a rare type of twin Exalted types - Lifebringers, Chosen of the lost Incarna Wotan, and Deathkeepers, Chosen of the lost Incarna Kore. The two Incarnae are twins, so each Eternal Exalted is linked to its twin of the opposite type. They were also called the Karmic Exalted during the Primordial War, at the end of which they sacrificed themselves to kill and contain what would become the first of the Neverborn, and their Exaltations have been sealed away since. (The book leaves it up to the ST how they get unsealed, just as long as it's suitably epic.)
        Their Charms are Virtue based, as is their 4 castes that you pick in addition to your base type. Charms are organized into Ways, which embodies a primary and secondary Virtue, and together comprises one heroic archetype they embody, from Exorcist to Architect to Juggernaut to Reaper. They also have the innate ability to merge with their Karmic Twin to form a single gestalt being - this can be expanded into other characters, and multiple characters, of various other types, if the character learns Karmic Truths, Charm-like abilities that acts like permanent upgrades to this ability, similar to Knacks for Lunar Shapeshifting.
        Their major themes include Virtues, souls, life and death, sacrifice, reincarnation, and so on. The Lifebringers resonate with a new material called Electrum, magical super-amber made from the sap of a titanic World Tree (Yggdrasil, because of course) that was cut down eons ago, and Deathkeepers resonate with Soulsteel (and are, in fact, the very same Exalt type that Soulsteel Caste Alchemicals are actually a prototype for - no Electrum Caste Alchemicals, because there simply isn't any Electrum in Autochthonia!), but the book also introduces more appropriate versions - White Soulsteel, made from the souls of willing sacrifices, and Golden Soulsteel, made from the Righteous Dead introduced in Glories of the Most High.

Just get the book. It's well wort it. More people apparently need to know about it anyway.
        Last edited by Grevnor; 06-29-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

If you want to create an easy conversion perhaps using a simple made essence version of it would be simple

As for why they released it on 2e instead of 3e?

Probably because they started off as a 2e game and when 3e came out they had to decide weather to convert for 3e or keep at is regardless as conversion takes a lot of time and math that they probably do not want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by reaperfrost8 View Post
            If you want to create an easy conversion perhaps using a simple made essence version of it would be simple

As for why they released it on 2e instead of 3e?

Probably because they started off as a 2e game and when 3e came out they had to decide weather to convert for 3e or keep at is regardless as conversion takes a lot of time and math that they probably do not want to do.
            A conversion would be substantially more difficult given that 3e removed Virtues from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post

A conversion would be substantially more difficult given that 3e removed Virtues from the game.
              Huh, I am apparently not as up to speed on 3e as I thought, as I had not noticed this. I haven't had the mental brainpower to grok the new system properly, as IRL stuff takes up most of it at the moment.
              But for those better versed in the system than I am, in the absence of Virtues, how would you even model something approximating this? And for that matter, how DOES the Great Curse work in 3e?

Comment

Originally posted by Grevnor View Post

Huh, I am apparently not as up to speed on 3e as I thought, as I had not noticed this. I haven't had the mental brainpower to grok the new system properly, as IRL stuff takes up most of it at the moment.
                But for those better versed in the system than I am, in the absence of Virtues, how would you even model something approximating this? And for that matter, how DOES the Great Curse work in 3e?
                Third edition subdivides Intimacies into Ties and Principles and ranks them in 3 tiers of significance Minor, Major and Defining. Solars get limit for acting against a Major or Defining Intimacy and have a player customised limit trigger in the vein of the old limit conditions.

How you act out when you get to 10 is basically decided by the Storyteller.

Comment

Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post
                  You could do a pretty formulaic conversion by introducing splat specific traits or merits that mirror the old Virtues, like Sidereal Colleges. But yeah, a more nuanced conversion might be better, I'm working through something like this for the Mountain Folk (they're not Virtue-based, but the Virtues show up a lot in their Iterative Charms) and eventually I may work my way up to Fair Folk (whose Graces and Virtues are intertwined).

Comment

Originally posted by Grevnor View Post
                    I always found it strange to release an Exalted fansplat for 2e, after the release of 3e.
                    Side-topic, I don't find it strange at all. As a long-time TTRPG player, I still homebrew stuff for older editions of games all the time. Exalted 1e is my favorite version of Exalted, even if I play 2e or 3e from time to time, so my personal development work is done in 1e. With D&D I enjoy nearly every edition, and throw things together for each. WoD stuff falls into a similar line; Some stuff for 2e-Rev-V20 (the changes are small enough that most things I write fit each) and V5, depending which iteration I'm interested in at the moment.

And atop that, some people are going to feel like Ex3E isn't "finished" until the big fatsplats are all available in their respective books, so why not throw together a thing for an edition where you already know what each fatsplat does and doesn't do, meaning you're less likely to step on another splat's toes.

Writing up Clanbook: Aabbt

Comment

I might take a crack at it someday, unless someone beats me to it, but that's going to be when I have more free time on my hands. Currently buried up to my ears in IRL stuff, and what little time I do have is taken up by other projects, not the least of which is my first chance to ST VTM in well over a decade.

But if the concept sounds appealing, by all means support the authors and download that book. It's up there with the Nocturnals in terms of quality.

Comment

Working...
                      X