Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's it like for Raksha turned into Humans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it like for Raksha turned into Humans?

What is it like for a Shaped Raksha to be turned into a Mortal by the Solar Charm, Order Affirming Blow?

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
    What is it like for a Shaped Raksha to be turned into a Mortal by the Solar Charm, Order Affirming Blow?

I guess it depends if the Raksha wanted or not to be turned into a Mortal in the first place.

It's past role as cataphract, lorelei or whatever possibly will influence what type of person and abilities it may possess, but it is a whole new person that, up to that point, had no real identity, role, story or fate in Creation, meaning that person as a stranger in a strange land with no real home may be something of a wild card, at least for a time.

(Supposedly, who knows what could the charm or some other cosmic shenanigans deliver or not in this aspect, not to mention there are Fae who might have develop allies, enemies and other connections in their past forms, who might or not recognize them in their new mortal guise, with all the good or bad that might come of it.)

I remember an early 2nd ed game where a PC's use of that charm upon a seductive Raksha noble being turned not in a mortal per se, but a sort of mirage spirit courtesan, something between a nymph and a neomah in terms of temper and capacities, that proceeded to try to fit in amidst one of the local elemental courts - and make itself into that solar's lover-representative (without him asking in the first place) while at it - for a possibly not quite kosher homebrew example.

Depending on how much those individuals remember of their past selves - and how conscious they are of those alien memories - it could work as a background for the Touched by Madness sorcerous initiation i guess, what could have interesting consequences for the individual or those people around it.

Same goes for mutations or any of a number of supernatural merits, i'd say. So, overall it depends on Fae, Solar, cirscunstances that lead to the change - and what might a ST have in mind for either.

Do you have any idea or image in particular in mind to ask the question in the first place?
    Last edited by Baaldam; 08-26-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

And now i'm thinking of a people originated from Raksha invaders turned mortal, evolving a whole new culture out trying to recapture some of their lost glory and more through the ages old sorcerous working of crafting a whole new oneiric afterlife of their own through a baroque mandala-circuit of dream-opal, moonsilver, gossamer and geomancy, perfect worlds of their own craft.

Comment

Would they become Fae-blooded or totally normal mortals?

She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
        My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
        Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
          Would they become Fae-blooded or totally normal mortals?

My tendency would be to say mostly normal mortals, as them becoming fae-blooded seem to run counter to the spirit of Order-Affirming Blow, imho - though i'd imagine intent on the part of the Exalt wielding it and stunting could justify that well enough.

And my reticence is more about broadly making such people Fae-blooded x tailoring the person(s) according to specifics of a story, such as making a group of fae with the Elemental Influence [Earth] charm tree into a tribe of eartbenders or Jadeborn-like beings of heretical origin, for example.

It's more about me feeling that Fae-Blooded, at least as presented in previous editions, had a certain wide versatility in possibilities and power that i felt more appropriate to the truly heroic, almost Exalted kind of hero or antagonist than something that might apply to "nameless" individuals or groups.
          Last edited by Baaldam; 08-26-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I thought Raksha couldn't take an Assumption of elemental Earth, because it doesn't border the Wyld and is antithetical to the Wyld.

She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
            My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
            Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
              I thought Raksha couldn't take an Assumption of elemental Earth, because it doesn't border the Wyld and is antithetical to the Wyld.
              Historically, Assuption charms have been about aesthetics rather than any metaphysical connection hence why they can also have a spooky Underworld based one.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                Historically, Assuption charms have been about aesthetics rather than any metaphysical connection hence why they can also have a spooky Underworld based one.

True, a fairly common though innacurate assumption (duh) on the part of the fanbase when not with the books at hand.
                Partly inspired by the existence and nature of the Jadeborn, i suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
                  I feel as though transformation into a mortal is contrary to some of the principles stated in the Charm, such as vetoing alterations that would render them helpless.

With the idea of transformation around an Intimacy towards the Solar, I'm imagining that it's often the case that they'd become something more stable, disturbingly stable, unnaturally focused on a particular goal or way of being that will often be shaped towards something idealised for the Solar in question.

It only lasts a few scenes of course, but I'm thinking that even when they change back the memory of it disturbs them and fascinates them; a captivating violation. Possibly the kind of thing to explore returning to occasionally, preferably on their own terms.

Mind, a shift in the emotional tone between Fair Folk and Solar will change the nature of how Order-Affirming Blow transforms them. Maybe that becomes the intention; alter the context to find strange new ways to be concentrated into a being of order.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                  X