Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you use enemies with weapons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you use enemies with weapons?

Hello all, I was just wondering how often you use villains or minions with weapons? I have noticed that I seem to use a lot of "unarmed" monsters and creepy stuff rather than artifact or mortal weapon swinging bad guys?

Lots? Most of my bad guys are humans. Most of my humans use weapons.

Monsters are great for slugging it out with the Exalted because they're powerful. But there tends to be very little conflict.

"Why shouldn't we Full Excellency dice and slice the behemoth?"
    "We kill the demon, pull out its bones to make artifacts, and are celebrated as heroes!"

Human opposition might fold like a house of cards, but generally gives the players a reason not to go all-out-murder-hobo.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Fairly commonplace. Monsters may fight with tooth and claw, but men forge fangs and hide made of steel or fallen beasts.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
      Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
        Lots? Most of my bad guys are humans. Most of my humans use weapons.

Monsters are great for slugging it out with the Exalted because they're powerful. But there tends to be very little conflict.

"Why shouldn't we Full Excellency dice and slice the behemoth?"
        "We kill the demon, pull out its bones to make artifacts, and are celebrated as heroes!"
        That i ocasionally play with by throwing a creature that spurts something dangerous or sprouts extra limbs/heads/doubles when cut, a monster that is capable of communication or beloved of a group of mortals for some reason or other ("Leave Fae-Eating Cocaine Hippo alone!!!!"), just for complications & variety.

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
        Human opposition might fold like a house of cards, but generally gives the players a reason not to go all-out-murder-hobo.
        With human, beastmen and other people in the "fragile puny mortals" category, having weapons can serve to disincentive a fight, as intimidation factor and visual remainder of the potential consequences of going all out instead of talking, at least for some, so having them around is pretty useful even if you don't want to a melee.

Comment

Working...
        X