Warcraft Orcs in Creation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft Orcs in Creation

Does anyone want Orcs shamelessly ripped from Warcraft added to their Exalted game? I hope so, because here they are. I don't even know why I came up with them. I was just comparing some different settings in my head and wondered "What's the Exalted equivalent of orcs from various settings?" The idea appeared fully formed and now it's running around in my head distracting me while I try to work from home. I have no use for these guys but I gotta write them down so I can concentrate on work again.

The Maeghar

During the Shogunate, the Maeghar were a large group of related tribes living in Draenor, a country in the far [East or South] of Creation. They had a complex nomadic herding culture, and they lived far enough from the nearest Shogunate power centers to get away with rather shocking "heresy". Instead of properly conforming to the Immaculate Philosophy, they illegally worshipped the elementals. Their numerous and sophisticated thaumaturges were the intermediaries between the spirits and humans, and a few of their legendary heroes might even have been full Sorcerers. Obviously their horrible impiety is what doomed their society and homeland, unlike all those other, pious Immaculate mortals who were equally doomed when the world came to an end. Yes, totally.

After the Contagion killed 90% of the Maeghar and their livestock, the ragged survivors were not slaughtered by the Fair Folk, unlike their nearest neighbors. Instead, the Raksha enslaved and mutated the Maeghar into a new breed of slave army, named Orcs.

The Orcs

The Orcs were mutated with hulking bodies, tusks, green skin, and pointy ears, and filled with endless bloodlust. Added to the armies of hobgoblins, silverwights, buck-ogres, and other horrors, the new Orcs ravaged and slaughtered many human neighbors. Even after the Scarlet Empress crushed the bulk of the Balorian Crusade with the Sword of Creation, the surviving Raksha noble Sapphire Lute-Bearing Rishi of the Manilkaras in the far [East or South] retained the Orcs as soldier-slaves for nearly one hundred years. Orcs captured by human reprisals were occasionally kept alive as slave labor.

Ogrimar

Sapphire Lute-Bearing Rishi of the Manilkaras and its Bright Facet of Manilkara Wastes Court were finally vanquished and utterly destroyed by the Lunar hero Marble Palm of the Wrathful Moonlight, over 600 years ago. With the Rakshas' death, the enchantment of insane aggression and violence was lifted and the Orcs found themselves with neither drive nor purpose, except to survive. Their former homeland, Draenor, was now an uninhabitable mess far out in the Middlemarches, and their human neighbors were hungry for vengeance. Marble Palm renamed the Orcs the Ogrimar and rallied them to herself, along with Sapphire Lute-Bearing Rishi's former buck-ogre slaves, and her own aurochs and wolf beastfolk tribes. Before she departed, the Lunar encouraged these four peoples to build a new civilization beyond the Realm's imperialist reach, and to restart the ancient Maeghars' relationships with the elemental courts.

Ogrimar are still entirely human, with a few cosmetic mutations, high strength, and sharp teeth. They can Exalt. They don't identify themselves as human anymore, but they're no more hostile to nearby tribes than other humans are to each other (that is, they're viciously xenophobic bastards, just like everyone else). They really, really hate the Fair Folk, which they call "Elves". Still true to Marble Palm's instructions, the Ogrimar, aurochsfolk, wolffolk, and sometimes even the buck-ogres wage ceaseless war against the Raksha and hobgoblins. The Ogrimar aren't nearly as nomadic as their ancestors. Their capital city is ... Ogrimar. Even after 600+ years of freedom from the soul-eating Raksha, they're a bit challenged in the creativity department.
    Last edited by Erinys; 09-01-2021, 08:58 PM.

She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
    My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
    Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

That's great. I would add in something more, more from desperation and misguided desire for power against the fair folk, some of them have taken up thaumaturgy for demon summoning and alchemy. More based around power and strength than any desire to worship the yozis. Distilling the rage of malfeas into vitriol and Theion-to, and using their own native hardiness and Wyld-taint as a bulwark, the Orcs were able to survive the concotion which would have killed most other humans, and instead gain hardened flesh and the berserker-strength of Malfeas.

Of course this is not without its own problems, like glowing green eyes and wild mood swings that come with ingesting the solidified rage of Malfeas, but these are not seen entirely as drawbacks to the warlike Orcs in their crusade against the soul-eaters.

Comment

Funny that you would mention that - in my game they are a folk called "Greenmaws" thanks to a combination of the appearance and a mythology-religion relating their origins to the elementals of the same name in some point lost to the mists of time. They can be found in almost all directions though they are definitely far more common in large forested expanses or grasslands such as those more commonly found in the East.

Comment

This is really cool! These are some great ideas. I would probably put the Orcs/Ogrimar somewhere in the far East, but the deserts of the South could work too.

Comment

How about west?

Break the stereotype!

Comment

I'm glad someone likes them!

I suggested East and South so the original Maeghar would have dark brown skin, like in WoW. Some brown Ogrimar could be born occasionally in the modern day, without the green skin mutation. East is also the place to get giant wolves to tame as mounts and beasts of burden, although they would inevitably become husky-like dogs after a few generations of domestication. The East also has clawstriders to tame, but those would be luxury steeds for really rich Ogrimar who can afford a large animal that eats nothing but meat.

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
            That's great. I would add in something more, more from desperation and misguided desire for power against the fair folk, some of them have taken up thaumaturgy for demon summoning and alchemy. More based around power and strength than any desire to worship the yozis. Distilling the rage of malfeas into vitriol and Theion-to, and using their own native hardiness and Wyld-taint as a bulwark, the Orcs were able to survive the concotion which would have killed most other humans, and instead gain hardened flesh and the berserker-strength of Malfeas.

Of course this is not without its own problems, like glowing green eyes and wild mood swings that come with ingesting the solidified rage of Malfeas, but these are not seen entirely as drawbacks to the warlike Orcs in their crusade against the soul-eaters.
            Yep. And the misguided thaumaturges who summoned and mated with Blood Apes produced those red Ogrimar.

The aurochsfolk and buck-ogres stand in for the Tauren and Ogres, respectively. But I can't justify the Marble Horde allying with the Forsaken or Blood Elves. The first is a zombie horde who claim they don't serve the local Deathlord anymore, but who's dumb enough to believe them? The second are creepy-looking, Wyld-addicted, suspiciously Elf-like mutants who go around turning perfectly natural lakes into Wyld zones to feed their addiction. So I gave the Marble Horde wolf-folk ("Wolfen") instead. I could write up the Trolls, though.

Orc-x-baseline-human hybrids are possible (though really unlikely due to politics), but I don't know about Orc-x-Buck-ogre hybrids.
            Last edited by Erinys; 09-02-2021, 10:14 AM.

She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
            Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

I'd probably have gone for demon blooded, but my bias there is that I've never really played World of Warcraft and thought Mannoroth was the coolest of the Burning Legion villains in Warcraft 3.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

Comment

I've never gotten to play WOW either, but I was a fan for a while. The Burning Legion are psychopathic "demons" of chaos who invade planets and mutate their victims into new races of "demons", and sometimes dissolve whole planets into chaotic clouds of asteroids. They invaded the world and nearly destroyed it, and they did blow up the Orcs' home planet. So I decided they're the Fae. Plus the Orcs are in a forever war with the Elves, so who else would they fight in Creation?

Comment

Working...
                X