Questions on Ephemeral induction Technique

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Ephemeral induction Technique

Any idea what a spirit or fair folk created through Empheral Induction Technique will have Domain over

how would the spirit courts or Raksha community welcome them.

I would expect that, if a Solar wanted her familiar spirit to be an actual god, with a Domain and everything, she would need to petition Heaven to make it so. Some Terrestrial deities might be able to grant authority over a portion of their own Domain, in exchange for the spirit's (and possibly the Solar's) fealty; i.e., Ahlat, god of war and cattle, appoints a spirit to be a subordinate deity of cattle.

Comment

Depends what you mean by "domain."

The general themes of its Charms will probably be determined mainly by either your surroundings at the time you use the Charm, or by the Essence-patterns of previously-captured spirits if you use those.

But, as Hakkonen said, the new spirit won't have an actual position in the Celestial Bureaucracy unless it gets hired for one. (Asking Ahlat to find your new god a position is basically the divine equivalent of getting your uncle's old buddy to give your kid an internship. And it might actually work, since Ahlat has a long history of supporting the Unconquered Sun.)

Fortunately, even without getting a real job, your new spirit isn't exactly one of the unemployed masses of Yu-Shan -- after all, it's part of a Celestial Exalt's retinue!

The spirit courts will probably regard the new spirit as your representative and react to them accordingly. If you're in an Immaculate-dominated area, that's a very bad thing; otherwise, they'll probably at least be polite to the "distinguished visitor" while they try to figure out if you're a potential ally or enemy or what. (Many spirits would probably be glad to get on good terms with a Solar, but they'd probably also be worried about the Solar usurping their authority. Consult your local Eclipse on how best to approach the situation.)

Even if a season has passed and you chose not to keep the spirit as a familiar, meaning it's effectively independent, a lot of spirits are still likely to assume it's an ally of yours.

(It's hard to say how a raksha court will react to a raksha created by a Solar. Many of the Fair Folk probably still consider the Solar Exalted to be enemies, but some might very well find it amusing to get a Solar's perceived flunky entangled in their wacky raksha politics.)

Comment

helping to set them up or a acquaintance you used the sidereal ride prayer strip charm on could be focus of entire chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          Any idea what a spirit or fair folk created through Empheral Induction Technique will have Domain over

I'd say it depends on how and what is the created spirit made of in the first place.

So, let's go back to the charm's description for the basics:

Originally posted by EX3, pg.360
          The Solar reaches into the Essence of the world to rip new life from the very fabric of Creation. This Charm allows the Solar to induct a single spirit into the world.

- She draws this creature from her surroundings,
          - but may also use the Essence-patterns of spirits she has captured with Burning Exorcism Technique
          - or absorbed with Carnal Spirit Rending to determine the being’s nature and magic.

So, going from these basic guidelines, i'd say the following.

If the Solar is just ad hoc making it out of the blue, with nothing in particular to direct/focus the process, the result should be a spirit crafted ​the Essence-patterns of the surrounding are, meaning most probably an elemental or terrestrial deity, unless there are some major circunstantial factors to make the place ressonate with some more abstract concept at the time of the charm use.

If the Solar use the Essence-patterns of spirits she has captured with Burning Exorcism Technique, that will reflect on the created spirit's qualities and character, so specific combination would be key to "god of what or whatnot" he, she or it might become.

Same mostly goes for essence-scraps originating from Carnal Spirit Rending, except the original spirits are dead and the Frankenspirit might be the closest thing to a natural sucessor around, already possessing fragments of the Essence-patterns of any departed deities.

Then, to wrap this up...

If the resulting spirit is an elemental - and that can be a good thing too, as Summon Elemental cannot craft Ess4+ elementals - it has no purview anyway.

If it turns out into a deity, it will most probably be a terrestrial one and its domain will be the place of its making - for a reasonably loose definition of "place of its making", as your average City God is Ess3 and Ess5 might be a national deity like Ninegala, for example - supposing there's not someone already filling or willing to fight that niche.

And since we are speaking of terrestrial deities i do mean fighting for the domain, since things are pretty loose and rocky in Creation overall, so dueling, gambling or assassination might be quite viable ways to wrap up thing in places where the Censors are not looking so hard (or adequately paid to not notice).

Not that such a thing might be necessary in the first place - remember, the spirit hierarchies have been quite shaken up from Contagion since, so there might be a number of places without clear divine authority where a new god or goddess to give the people (or even minor spirits below the newly made deity's level) direction and order might be more than welcome.

Comment

Oh damn, forum is being buggy, so i can't edit and add stuff to my previous post, well, so here goes some extra commentary.

All of that said about newborn spirits disputing the claim of already existing terrestrial deities on the locales of their "birth" in the first place, i would also like to point out it doesn't have be the case - remember, the spirit hierarchies have been quite shaken up from Contagion since, so there might be a number of places without clear divine authority where a new god or goddess to give the people (or even minor spirits below the newly made deity's level) direction and order might be more than welcome.

In fact, ad hoc creation of deities to fill blank spots generated by the formation of new lands with Wyld-Shaping, or asserting the divine authority on places previously in the control of demons, ghosts, elementals, fae, rogue deities or other beings that do not recognize the Mandate of Heaven might have been the original factor in the making of the charm in the first place.

With created spirits that somehow possess abstract concepts/celestial qualities in their essence-patterns for some reason or other things obviously become more complicated and the aforementioned sidereal-style bureaucratic shenaningans might or not apply to some degree.

All of that supposing the Solar releases the spirit created from the bond as its thrall/familiar, that is. Don't expect to command much clout in the spirit courts of the land when you are some prince of the earth's pokemon or waifu of the season.

And about how would other spirits interact with it, i'd say a created spirit should be as welcome or unwelcome as another deity you never encountered before, unless there's something to its nature that might make its nature somewhat alien or outré, like in the case of some patchwork being made from scraps of ghosts, elementals, demons, fae &/or gods.

Terrestrial deity with some elemental might not even be noticeable depending on locale and one's social skills, unlike a whiff of demon, ghost or fae.

Now if you are an unholy fruit salad of blood ape, two different sorts of elementals, ghost and raksha cataphract, like my poor demon familiar PC turned into after being "brought back" by his most caring Twilight mistress (that also happened to be the one who sacrificed him and the elementals to gank the ghost & fae), prepare yourself for some quite interesting times indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post

Depends why you made it. If you killed a rowdy God and use EIT to create a replacement, it's domain will be what you allow it to take up that was left by the previous God.

I've always held that Gods made with EIT are automatically enrolled into the existing local spirit courts, since EIT draws in local ambient essence as part of the creation process and more generally the fact that it was made by a Solar means it gets default status. Welcomed might depend on the circumstances and their Solar parent, but I can't imagine a spirit court turning away the creation of an Ess 5 or Occult-Supernal Solar.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFamiliar View Post
                Depends why you made it. If you killed a rowdy God and use EIT to create a replacement, it's domain will be what you allow it to take up that was left by the previous God.

I've always held that Gods made with EIT are automatically enrolled into the existing local spirit courts, since EIT draws in local ambient essence as part of the creation process and more generally the fact that it was made by a Solar means it gets default status. Welcomed might depend on the circumstances and their Solar parent, but I can't imagine a spirit court turning away the creation of an Ess 5 or Occult-Supernal Solar.

Indeed. As i said previously, though in a considerably wordier manner, no more welcomed or unwelcome than any new unfamiliar would. One's degree of "otherness" depending on how mixed up are the essence-patterns involved in the spirit's crafting, but that's about it, i'd say.

Same goes for the Raksha, since it's not like they have some form of central unified authority, but are divided in a variety of courts, noble retinues and so on. Definitely a case-by-case basis situation.

Kind of depends on a place's circunstances when the spirit & its solar patron join the field. Supposing it was released from being bound as the Solar's familiar, that is.

Comment

Working...
                X