Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Interest in an Exalted Setting Discussion Podcast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Interest in an Exalted Setting Discussion Podcast?

I love the story hooks that Exalted throws out there, but often find myself a little stymied for the details until I talk things through and bounce ideas around a bit. In a though of "I'd like this, would other people?", would anyone here listen to a podcast where we take Exalted story seeds and run with them to draft outlines for characters, stories, chronicles etc? I'd also do my best to present the ideas in the podcast in written form as well, as I don't like hearing things and then not having them to hand when I come to write stuff later.

I'm not sure that it would necessarily get to the point of stats and mechanics, but we could feel in that direction if necessary.

I have no idea if this could actually happen yet, but are people interested in the idea? Any thoughts on how it could be done/what format? Any other comments or remarks whatsoever?

I want to stress this is a possible project. Please don't hate me if this doesn't happen.

A Not-Quite-Newb's Read-Through of Ex3 - my thoughts, notes and trials and tribulations with the Exalted 3rd edition rules.
    Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

I think it would be an interesting idea. I'd offer a suggestion that what you could also do would be to have a podcast where one of the other hosts has no clue about anything to do with Exalted, and then you explore and introduce the lore to them. It's a popular concept for podcast shows (such as Kingdom Smarts, etc.) that I think would also work here.

Also, short episodes, an hour at most. As someone who listens to podcasts quite often, I don't really remember or take in anything from the 2 hour+ ones because I'm not given any downtime to process all of it.

Comment

I think it's a great idea and would love to be a part of it if given the chance.

I think the best format would be podcast. It could be thrown up on Youtube (or Youtube music) as well, but I think for format would best be suited for podcast.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
      Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

Systematic understanding of everything is finished, Fall of Jiara is ending, and Exaltwitch academy does not appeal to me. I would absolutely love a new Exalted podcast

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

Comment

I listen to all Exalted podcasts I can get my hands on and would love to see more discussion episodes instead of APs.

Freelancer | Content Creator |
          ekorrengames.com

Comment

Originally posted by Critian Caceorte View Post
            I'd offer a suggestion that what you could also do would be to have a podcast where one of the other hosts has no clue about anything to do with Exalted, and then you explore and introduce the lore to them. It's a popular concept for podcast shows (such as Kingdom Smarts, etc.) that I think would also work here.
            This could work nicely, but I'm not 100% sure on it at the moment. Systematic Understanding of Everything does this very well, with a "professional ignorant" in one of the hosts. I guess the new podcast could dig in deeper into the settings (1 episode on Nexus rather than 1 episode on the Scavenger Lands), but I'm a little wary of doing something that has been done before to an extent. I can certainly see this being fun, but I'm also not the most knowledgeable in Exalted lore myself, so may not be able to answer questions adequately on the fly.

A Not-Quite-Newb's Read-Through of Ex3 - my thoughts, notes and trials and tribulations with the Exalted 3rd edition rules.
            Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

Comment

I would be interested in written transcripts. I do not have an easy time processing spoken language, especially not recordings where I can't ask people to speak slower or easily back up to catch what I missed.

She/Her. I am literal-minded and write literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to make a joke.
              My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
              Exalted-cWoD-ArM url mega-library. Exalted name-generators, Exalted and WTA stuff from me and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes View Post

This could work nicely, but I'm not 100% sure on it at the moment. Systematic Understanding of Everything does this very well, with a "professional ignorant" in one of the hosts. I guess the new podcast could dig in deeper into the settings (1 episode on Nexus rather than 1 episode on the Scavenger Lands), but I'm a little wary of doing something that has been done before to an extent. I can certainly see this being fun, but I'm also not the most knowledgeable in Exalted lore myself, so may not be able to answer questions adequately on the fly.
                I'd say give either or a shot. I mean yes you'd be going over some old material with a new perspective and zoom in really close to others.

Hell, maybe even examining a region there could be a special episode to see people can craft an organization/town in a spontaneous manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                  I would be interested in written transcripts. I do not have an easy time processing spoken language, especially not recordings where I can't ask people to speak slower or easily back up to catch what I missed.
                  Oh, I would always provide transcripts. Part of me is wondering whether this sort of project is more amenable to being more thoroughly adapted into longer form written content as well. I guess I'd have to see how much work it is, given any time I have avaliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Apromor View Post
                    Systematic understanding of everything is finished, Fall of Jiara is ending, and Exaltwitch academy does not appeal to me. I would absolutely love a new Exalted podcast
                    The RPG Blender is currently in an amazing AP run of Exalted (barring one early episode in which the Exalted combat system almost collapses under its own weight).

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
                      I love the story hooks that Exalted throws out there, but often find myself a little stymied for the details until I talk things through and bounce ideas around a bit. In a though of "I'd like this, would other people?", would anyone here listen to a podcast where we take Exalted story seeds and run with them to draft outlines for characters, stories, chronicles etc? I'd also do my best to present the ideas in the podcast in written form as well, as I don't like hearing things and then not having them to hand when I come to write stuff later.

I'm not sure that it would necessarily get to the point of stats and mechanics, but we could feel in that direction if necessary.

I have no idea if this could actually happen yet, but are people interested in the idea? Any thoughts on how it could be done/what format? Any other comments or remarks whatsoever?

I want to stress this is a possible project. Please don't hate me if this doesn't happen.
                      Maybe do a pilot and see if people are interested. I will definitely listen to one episode of anything Exalted, but if your voice or personality is grating, I will probably move on rather quickly, sorry to say.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by Jutlander View Post
                        The RPG Blender is currently in an amazing AP run of Exalted (barring one early episode in which the Exalted combat system almost collapses under its own weight).
                        Will be taking a listen to that - always after more Exalted content myself.

Maybe do a pilot and see if people are interested. I will definitely listen to one episode of anything Exalted, but if your voice or personality is grating, I will probably move on rather quickly, sorry to say.
                        That's fair enough. I've bee told my voice is decent in my Elder Scrolls podcast, so I'd hope that the only thing to worry about is the content. That small, small thing...

The biggest thing so far is finding a cohost with a schedule that I can have a regular schedule with. I'm in the UK, so getting regular crossover with many of the people in the Exalted community may be tricky.

Comment

This could help hammer out some times.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

Comment

Thank you so much, I'll check it out.

Comment

I'm on episode 5 of the RPG blender story. It is lots of fun but I find that their poor understanding of the rules and setting to be an annoyance. I eagerly look forward to their story guide rereading the combat rules. Then I will enjoy it even more.

Comment

Working...
                              X