Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps and cake! (but mostly maps)

I like maps.

It isn't a secret for anyone here that I love maps, and like making and perusing them. Before the forum change, I had opened up a thread where people would ask me to make maps for their games, and I'd try do do something nice for them.

After that, my computer crashed and burned, and I had a bit of trouble re-installing photoshop on it (and then my tablet stopped working and I moved around the world for a year or so) so I stopped.

I'm back in France now. Photoshop is working, I have a brand new tablet : it's time to make maps again. Here is most of what I've done on a computer (you can click on the images to get the link to the deviantart picture) :

Maruba, the universe of the Desert at the Center of the World.

The Pillars of the Sky, a weird area in the southeast of Creation

The South-West Cadran, done for an Exalted campaign

If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!
    Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
    I do maps for your games!
    Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

A few archipelagoes

An ancient manse now repurposed as a village for Airfolks

Comment

Three kingdoms on the ruins of a First Age metropolis

An old DnD map

Comment

Three maps of Samudra, a rpg universe inspired by EarthSea.

And my last piece, a cake map I made for my birthday.

So, what is that all about? Well, I'm open for new requests! Anyone who has an idea of a map that he wants me to make can ask me for it. There are a few caveats, though :
        - those aren't commisions, which means you don't have to pay me, but keep in mind I also do it to experiment : the style may sometimes change at time as I try out new stuff.
        - I'm not sure I'll do city maps. They can really be time-consuming, so you can ask for them, but there is less chance of me responding in the positive. I'm not saying I won't do any, just that it's harder.
        - I'll try to finish any map I'll start, barring further computer issues.
        - I'm not doing any cake maps for you. Unless you also want to come and eat the cake, in which case, sure, I'll do them.

So, what parts of Creation (or beyond) do you want me to map out for you?

Comment

ooh awesome. Reckon I could get a map for my game? http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/belicht ?
          I can send some photo/scans of the hand drawn map I have... - just an overall region map . its the area north of chanos, underneath the Dehennan mountains.

here is the map pic - sorry for poor camera work.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz429921msamcd8/Belicht_2.JPG
          Last edited by Dionysus; 06-04-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dionysus View Post
            ooh awesome. Reckon I could get a map for my game? http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/belicht ?
            I can send some photo/scans of the hand drawn map I have... - just an overall region map . its the area north of chanos, underneath the Dehennan mountains.

here is the map pic - sorry for poor camera work.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz429921msamcd8/Belicht_2.JPG
            Sure!
            The hand drawn map is a really good starting point, but I'll probably need you to send me the names by PM, if only so I don't butcher the spelling if I can't manage to read them properly.

Comment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15u0teea80...licht_scan.png Slightly better scan of the map.

Comment

If it is at all possible i always wanted a map of creation that was expanded because after over a decade of playing both 1st & 2nd edition Exalted my troupe have visited just about every place their is in canon & i always felt the map was a bit small. We have created our own towns & cities that we use in our games but never had a map to support it visually.

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker-of-Ebony-Clouds View Post
                  If it is at all possible i always wanted a map of creation that was expanded because after over a decade of playing both 1st & 2nd edition Exalted my troupe have visited just about every place their is in canon & i always felt the map was a bit small. We have created our own towns & cities that we use in our games but never had a map to support it visually.
                  Isn't most of the map empty space in which you can pop down kingdoms the size of France without impinging on anyone important?

Comment

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
                    Isn't most of the map empty space in which you can pop down kingdoms the size of France without impinging on anyone important?
                    Absolutely. Also...
                    Originally posted by Walker-of-Ebony-Clouds View Post
                    That is an incredible amount of work. Not something I would attempt so close to the release of Ex3 and a brand new map, and probably not even without that in mind. Sorry!

Comment

And there we go! Belicht, the country of Eternal Autumn!

You can go download it in full resolution on the deviantart page (just click on the image here, and then click the download icon on the right). If you see anything you'd need me to change, just say the word!

Edit : changed two spelling mistakes.
                      Last edited by LeTipex; 08-04-2014, 07:16 AM.

Comment

How cool is that! That's bloody awesome. Thank you

Comment

can you help me draw my exalted map?, i ended with a pentadimensional (or hexadimensional, i dont really know) world that i have no idea how to draw

Comment

Originally posted by Dionysus View Post
                            How cool is that! That's bloody awesome. Thank you
                            Always happy to help! I'm really glad you like it, it was a bit of an experiment for me.

Originally posted by Elyon View Post
                            can you help me draw my exalted map?, i ended with a pentadimensional (or hexadimensional, i dont really know) world that i have no idea how to draw
                            Now that's a challenge! Could you give me a few more details before I decide whether to embark myself on such an epic endeavour?

Comment

Bumping this thread for two reasons:
                              1. I bring new maps!
                              The Ashford Valley, a diegetic map of a locale for a DnD game.

The Sea of Clouds, a pseudo-XIXth century european fantasy setting, a continent floating on (appropriately enough) a sea of clouds and vapor.

And something I rarely do : a city map, the Kindgom City of Ro'An.

As always, click on the image, get to the deviantart page, etc...

2. Eric Minton mentionned his interest in the ongoing thread I have on rpgnet, and I told him I'd gladly do a map for his playtest game. Eric, give me more info, and I'll do what I can! More shiniez Ex3 fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X