Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any third edition Craft spoilers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any third edition Craft spoilers?

I haven't seen any, but I tend to miss quite a bit of information coming out about Exalted 3rd. Has any information about the Craft system/charms/ability been officially released?

Nope. Sorry.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

Comment

None officially, no, but that's because playtesting is still ongoing. Even if spoilers were released today, it might not bear any resemblance to the final product.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

You could say that the playtesters are...HAMMERING away at Craft then? ah? aaaaah?

No but seriously I am excited about this sub-system and specifically curious it more than others. I've been trying to think of how I would build a crafting sub-system, and I got nothing. Which bothers me, because the last character I made for 2E was a Daybreak sword priest.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus of Autochthon View Post
          You could say that the playtesters are...HAMMERING away at Craft then? ah? aaaaah? No but seriously I am excited about this sub-system and specifically curious it more than others. I've been trying to think of how I would build a crafting sub-system, and I got nothing. Which bothers me, because the last character I made for 2E was a Daybreak sword priest.
          I am quite excited to work with the new Craft system, My first real Exalt was a Twilight martial artist with a strong craft focus, and I always lamented how limited the old system was for my purposes.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus of Autochthon View Post
            You could say that the playtesters are...HAMMERING away at Craft then? ah? aaaaah?

No but seriously I am excited about this sub-system and specifically curious it more than others. I've been trying to think of how I would build a crafting sub-system, and I got nothing. Which bothers me, because the last character I made for 2E was a Daybreak sword priest.

Hammering it into shape, of course. I was hoping for even something very primitive, like 'We are sticking with Craft Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Wood.' or 'We are going back to 1st Ed and having every craft be the same' or 'All crafts are now one skill, just like all weapons belong to melee, except those that belong to Brawl/MA like brass knuckles.' I so want to play an Infernal wiseguy with a set of enormous brass knuckles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ejtaka View Post
              I was hoping for even something very primitive, like 'We are sticking with Craft Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Wood.' or 'We are going back to 1st Ed and having every craft be the same' or 'All crafts are now one skill, just like all weapons belong to melee, except those that belong to Brawl/MA like brass knuckles.'
              This. At the very least, are we going to get back into 2E situations like, "To craft a suit of armor for a ghost, you need Craft (Fire) and Craft (Necrotech) - and also Craft (Magitech) if it's an artifact, as well as Craft (Air) if it has writing on it or is decorated with gems, and don't forget Craft (Wood) if it's got any leather or plant material, and these skills are all as distinct from one another - thus needing separate XP/BP for each one - as Archery and Larceny are"? If not, what is the new paradigm?

Comment

I wouldn't mind knowing, so I would respectfully request that after playtesting on this set is done, maybe a brief description of Craft? Or maybe one or two charms could be in the spoilers? If the playtesting goes well, I'm really curious.

Comment

Huh, I was just wandering about this myself... there's a few dev comments, but they're extremely vague, nothing about how the system will work per-se.
                  I just hope that crafters don't have to buy tons of different abilities.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I can see a few different abilities, because building a manse is RADICALLY different that forging a sword, but I don't like the creep where you have five or so to begin with, but then you add 5 more (Magitech, Fate, Genesis, Wyld, I'm looking at you)... it's too much. I hope its a little cleaner than that, but we'll have to see.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Craft is one of those abilities that's going to go through 5 different rewrites before it gets nailed down, mostly because it's got a whole subsystem attached to it. Then there's Wyld Shaping which I think might be in craft come third edition, and that charm alone is a headache and a half.

Comment

Because the rules are just now going through the first major playtester pass, things are still shaking out and elements of the crafting system, so any kind of spoiler is very very unlikely, or likely to be particularly applicable to the system in the end.

I *will* say that the core system seem interesting enough to make people *want* to play crafters in any Exalted game, and that it just works in the setting, unlike 2e.

Odd_Canuck is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.

Comment

I certainly hope so. I certainly hope we don't get something a lot more complex than the old system.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

THIRD EDITION CRAFT SPOILERS: If crafting cakes in quantity, it is advisable to post a guard against the prandial ambitions of over-enthusiastic Lunar mates.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              THIRD EDITION CRAFT SPOILERS: If crafting cakes in quantity, it is advisable to post a guard against the prandial ambitions of over-enthusiastic Lunar mates.

If you could shape-shift away your love handles wouldn't you go back for another slice?

Comment

Working...
                              X