An Exalted (Fan) Novel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still outlining, Hippokrene?

Now, you run into the same problem the devs have: The eagerly waiting fans want results!

Comment

For the protagonist's caste, Dawn or Night are the obvious choices. I'd say Zenith or Eclipse, for something unexpected (though still able to kick ass at need, obviously).

What belongs in an Exalted novel... put in a Lunar. One who is not in any way considered an inferior or lesser than the main character, and is not their Mate. Preferably very good at at least one thing the Solar isn't.
      Last edited by WarDragon; 07-21-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I hear people write entire novels in November . Do want sample chapter! Doesn't have to be the first!

The Lunar Castebooks fan project

Comment

Great initiative I would like to read a fan novel!

Which Direction would you like?

Any Direction that you feel you can describe with originality. I wouldn't like to read something I could read in the corebook. I would specifically like to read about a city or town you create. I don't want to read about Chiaroscuro or Lookshy...

Is there anything specific you want to see?

Action! Please, Exalted without amazing fights is just... not the real stuff. Sure you can have intrigue and shit, but please don't evade action scenes.

What do you think 'belongs' in an Exalted novel?

Interesting, colorful, memorable, outstanding characters. Please, please, please, no more kimono exalts. It is the most boring description for any Exalted character ever: "a dark skinned man wearing a blue silk kimono" aaaargh!!! How I hate kimono characters!!! If the guy just wears a common robe, he might have a destinctive hairstyle, a set of tatoos (other than dragon tatoos...), an unusual weapon, etc. Exalted draw inspiration from sources like FF and Chrono Trigger. I don't think it's wrong to have characters with strange outfits and body decorations.

I wish you the best luck in this endeavor!
          Last edited by Gonzo; 07-29-2014, 08:53 PM.

Join the Strife

Comment

We're cheering for you, Hippokrene! By mostly being silent and occasionally flirting with ancestor worship on this thread, but if you listen to the Whispers, you can hear it!

The Lunar Castebooks fan project

Comment

I'd write something, but I don't know much about how the setting has changed from 2e

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan1864 View Post
                I'd write something, but I don't know much about how the setting has changed from 2e
                That's, ah, that's some thread necromancy, there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  That's, ah, that's some thread necromancy, there.
                  Legend says he's still outlining.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: November 13, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                    Legend says he's still outlining.
                    Assuming you mean hippokrene, the pronoun is "she."

Comment

Log-in, 200+ notices after being away for months, stumble upon years old thread.

I wrote about 60k for nanowrimo this year. I should probably write an exalted novel like I said I would.

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Comment

West or a Coastal Local! Early interaction with spirits! Encounters with different cultures!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                        X