• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CapitanTypo View Post
    And finally... Sans Serif - Dawn caste desert warrior
    That camel is having way too much fun

Comment

• Tsu-Yin Aasha, She Who Knows Ten Thousand Things. Sorceress, martial artist, and excitable adventurer-archaeologist.

The Twilight from the game I'm running, drawn by her player.

Comment

• I especially like the third one.

Comment

• This thread deserves some resurrection, I want to see more commissions.

Here's one I did earlier.

Neral, the Golem of Dunari, Dawn Caste

A Clutch of Dragons: First Draft pdf

Comment

• Why is she "Golem of Dunari?" Is her origin story similar to that of Wonder Woman's?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              Why is she "Golem of Dunari?" Is her origin story similar to that of Wonder Woman's?
              You'd have to ask BjornTheFellhanded. I assume the title is not literal.

A Clutch of Dragons: First Draft pdf

Comment

• I don't know Wonder Woman's origin story very well, so I can't comment on that.

The title is not truly literal, but borne out of rumours and claims that she's invulnerable. Between superheavy plate with a face concealing helmet, 5 Ox bodies and that 2E hearthstone Gem of Adamant skin, she jus never suffered worse than bruises. So eye witnesses to her fights would often end up denying that she could possibly be a living being and instead claim she was a suit of armour brought to life. A bard friend of hers then stoked those stories and it eventually stuck as a title.

And thanks again, Crumblepunch! It's an awesome piece!

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

• Originally posted by BjornTheFellhanded View Post
                  I don't know Wonder Woman's origin story very well, so I can't comment on that.
                  Basically, the DC Universe has an island inhabited by the Amazons from Greek myth, obscured from the rest of the world. Their queen, Hippolyta, prayed for a daughter, and sculpted a figure out of clay, at which point Athena brought her to life.

There's rather more to it than that, but that much at least sounds like something that could come out of the Exalted setting.

*And before anyone says anything, yes, I know they later retconned it so she was just another of Zeus' bastards, making the prior story a lie of Hippolyta's, but frankly I don't particularly enjoy the change.
                  Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-05-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Few I've done in the last couple months (linking to my DA page since I don't really feel like embedding links):

Zulfaqir, the Red Sword - Dawn Caste from the game I run off and on over the summer. Chiaroscuran swordsman with well, red glass sword. Fun bit to me was layers of fabric.

Cathay Red Dragon - This is a redo of my first Exalted character from way back in 2002. She's gone through a few iterations but in 3e she's all about Artifact weapons and being a melee samurai I guess. Picture was mostly experimenting with lighting and things like the symmetry brush in Clip Studio Paint.

Saturn, the Maiden of Endings - My take on Saturn, based on designs I had before. Planning to do a full set of these and am currently working on Venus.

And stuff.

And stuff.
                    Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

• Very cool, Blaque! I love the attention to detail in the clothing, especially. That's still something I'm trying to get a hang of in my Exalted art!

My Exalted Art | My Exalted Fanfiction

Comment

• Crumplepunch's recent picture there I"m actually pretty envious of. I like the details and general realism to the look of it personally. Also really good color choices with the lighter greens and warmer whites.

And stuff.

And stuff.
                        Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

• Blaque I'm trying to do somewhere between realistic and anime and it's such a hard balance to strike! I'd love to do something stylistically like the Avatar series, or the Monstress comic, or Phob's amazing historic fantasy work. I just need to keep exploring till I find that style that I want for this stuff!

My Exalted Art | My Exalted Fanfiction

Comment

• I fully admit I do the anime/manga look because well, I think it's aesthetically appealing and I enjoy how flexible it is in its simplicty. It keeps the line and shading work pretty minimal about on its own. So then the simpler faces and body details can be used for things like dynamic poses, interesting props and so on. I felt this kind of showed in Saturn, where I think a lot of the detail is pretty much her clothing, sword and censer. It's a matter of for me for a while finding the right proportions in that art style though, like eye size, shape and all that. I think I only found one I felt pretty comfortalbe with in the last couple years there.

And stuff.

And stuff.

Comment

• Birthday present.

Yes, more Anysfina.

Onyx Path Forums Moderator

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Serafina.

Comment

Working...
                                X