This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemo_Oceansoul View Post
    its surprising that this thread has yet to be asked the /one/ question nearly everyone has on their minds:
    "When will Ex3 be released".

now then onto a more serious question: if dual slaying posture allows the user to wield a weapon w/ the 2 tag for no penalties... is it a considered bad form to get omnidexterity and 2 grand grimscythes at character creation? or does the idea of a character dual wielding such things w/ their feet just seem epic enough but broken enough that ppl have thought of it but never really tried it?
    Duel-wielding in Exalted don't offer too many benefits so go for it I guess.

Here my question: If my Infernal is wearing a living armor along with a stomach bottle bug in my guts, what happen when he use a teleport charm like Dust Devil Feint or Bloodless Murk Evasion, does the demons get left hanging in the air ? What about Soul Devil Sand Shintai, does the demons get to turn immaterial along with me when I use dematerialized.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nervaqus987 View Post
      I'm pondering an Abyssal character at the moment and Dark Messiah style seems like it would be a good thematic fit.

The problem being is that Dark Messiah style is, well, Dark Messiah Style.

Does anyone know any good rewrites for it? Something on the level(or at least near it) of Fist of the Daystar?
      I made a Solar and Abyssal Brawl tree, if you're interested. The Abyssal Brawl isn't as fully developed, and the grapple charms use my grapple re-write instead of canon, but it's at least on-par with Abyssal Melee.

Comment

Crunchier question: would Moonshadow resonance bombing via Tragic Love Amusement actually work? If so, would it be effective?

Comment

Originally posted by edgewalker22 View Post
          Crunchier question: would Moonshadow resonance bombing via Tragic Love Amusement actually work? If so, would it be effective?
          I really don't like the idea of Moonshadows walking around with Yozi charms. Especially since the prerequisite for Solars to do that was an Essence 6 Charm, and my group hardly ever got that far. But yes, I guess that could work for a while.

I want to play more socially-inclined characters, but my own personality is very.... abrasive. How do I go about making my Social Combat better without just yelling "I got higher stats/better roll, that means I win!"?

I used to know things. Forbidden things.

Comment

Originally posted by edgewalker22 View Post
            I think that's one of those cases where your Storyteller's gonna get a shiny silver goremaul with "Chicanery-No" engraved on the head to keep by his dice bag. I don't recommend that!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

With the old Wiki dead, anyone got a working link to the Exalted 202 mass combat tutorial?
              Or bothered to save that shit? Because I saved a lot, but I forgot about that. And mass combat rules are a bitch, especially because I don't use them a lot, but plan to change that soon. As in next session soon.

Comment

Lore Question:
                What the hell is the Sky of creation? Is it like a dome, is it like our sky? What is it and how does it work?

I made some Martial Arts for 3e, look at them here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem_Jeer View Post

I made a Solar and Abyssal Brawl tree, if you're interested. The Abyssal Brawl isn't as fully developed, and the grapple charms use my grapple re-write instead of canon, but it's at least on-par with Abyssal Melee.

Sure, I'll take a look.

Originally posted by While My Guitar View Post
                  Lore Question:
                  What the hell is the Sky of creation? Is it like a dome, is it like our sky? What is it and how does it work?
                  IIRC, it's supposed to be an indestructible dome of adamant that keeps the Wyld from pouring down on Creation and forces it to come in from the sides.

Comment

Quick homebrew crunch question - anyone know of a Malfeas-charmtree that's centered around his love of dance, possibly branching off Beauty Without Malice?
                    Because I'm writing one of those. And I like to have something to compare my shit to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                      Quick homebrew crunch question - anyone know of a Malfeas-charmtree that's centered around his love of dance, possibly branching off Beauty Without Malice?
                      Because I'm writing one of those. And I like to have something to compare my shit to.
                      Why yes.

Once, there was a maiden... who spent all her time on the internet.
                      "Someone out there is WRONG," she said.
                      So she tossed a noose made of golden light... and strangled her opponent.
                      Both of them died alone.
                      "Love is for football players and cheerleaders," her obituary said.

Comment

Thank you, kind sir, this helps. And I even like it from the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nervaqus987 View Post
                          IIRC, it's supposed to be an indestructible dome of adamant that keeps the Wyld from pouring down on Creation and forces it to come in from the sides.

What are the stars then?

Also, look at the exalted fan collection that we are making.

Comment

Representations of the gods that are still existing. It's a strange cause and effect sort of thing. The stars exist because of the gods' existence. When the god falls so does the star.

In any case, where did the statement come from that combos can only have charms from one ability?

Comment

Originally posted by justacritic View Post
                              Representations of the gods that are still existing. It's a strange cause and effect sort of thing. The stars exist because of the gods' existence. When the god falls so does the star.

In any case, where did the statement come from that combos can only have charms from one ability?
                              Core book, p.245 . And it's not that combos can only have charms from one ability, it's that non-Reflexive charms *must* be activated when a Combo is used, and unless otherwise noted, Charms can only enhance or modify actions that use the ability (or attribute) they are from. Thus, barring charms such as Ghost-Eating Technique which say they can enhance actions from other abilities, all the non-reflexive charms have to be from the same ability. Reflexive charms are optional, and thus can be from any ability.

Comment

That sounds like a miscommunication. Back when combos were purchased, most people shoved all their reflexives into a single combo!

The only restrictions of that kind that I can think of are that Supplemental charms can only supplement actions of their ability and Extra Action charms require that every action use the charm's ability (with exceptions in both cases where explicitly stated, e.g. Ghost-Eating Technique, Striking Serpent Speed).
                                Last edited by Gayo; 12-04-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X